• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[POLL] TM squad

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/471...Cup-qualifiers

Skocic names National Team for World Cup qualifiers

March 18, 2022 - 16:20

TEHRAN - Iran football coach Dragan Skocic announced his squad.

Goalkeepers:*Amir Abedzadeh (Ponferradina), Alireza Beiranvand (Boavista), Hossein Hosseini (Esteghlal)

Defenders:*Shoja Khalilzadeh (Al Rayyan), Mohammadhossein Kananizadegan (Al Ahli), Danial Esmaeili (Sepahan), Farshad Faraji (Persepolis), Majid Hosseini (Kayserispor), Aref Gholami (Esteghlal),Omid Noorafkan (Sepahan), Milad Mohammadi (AEK), Sadegh Moharami (Dinamo Zagreb)

Midfielders:*Saeid Ezatolahi (Al Gharaffa), Ahmad Nourolahi (Al Ahli Dubai), Kamal Kamyabinia (Persepolis), Mehdi Mehdipour (Esteghlal), Milad Sarlak (Persepolis), Ehsan Haji Safi (AEK), Saman Ghoddos (Brentford), Amirhossein Hosseinzadeh (Esteghlal), Vahid Amiri (Persepolis), Mehdi Torabi (Persepolis), Alireza Jahanbakhsh (Feyenoord), Ali Gholizadeh (Charleroi)

Forwards: Allahyar Sayyadmanesh (Hull City), Mehdi Taremi (Porto), Sardar Azmoun (Bayer Leverkusen), Karim Ansarifard (AEK)
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

The poll is expired.

Supporting Team Melli

Guess Zahedi hasnt played for a while and just started to practise so thats why he isnt in the squad? Would have been nice to se him in action last time so hope to se him getting tested in next camp in a friendly.

Also, no Ghaedi 😞
    Hope he bounces back and gets in form for the next camps pree WC.
    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Am I happy with the selection?
      or the generally available talent?
      I'm not too concerned with which periphery players get invited.
      I am more concerned that in general we don't have good defenders. 3 years ago we though Moharrami and Mohammadi would be reliable RBs and LBs for years to come and they've just regressed and regressed!
      Our CBs are hot and cold...
      Our attack, as long as it stays healthy is quite capable.

Comment

No, Pouraliganji and Siavash Yazdani are better than Gholami and Faraji. Several players who are better than Torabi and Hosseinzadeh including Shab Zahedi, Ali Karimi, Yasin Salmani, Saeid Sadeghi, Mehdi Ghaedi. RB Rezaeian and Hardani deserve a chance. Also the fact that we still have to think about inviting Omid Ebrahimi and Kamyabinia shows how bad our DMs are. I understand injuries and other things might be the issue, but he’s made a terrible mistake if he sends this list to the World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          Am I happy with the selection?
          or the generally available talent?
          I'm not too concerned with which periphery players get invited.
          I am more concerned that in general we don't have good defenders. 3 years ago we though Moharrami and Mohammadi would be reliable RBs and LBs for years to come and they've just regressed and regressed!
          Our CBs are hot and cold...
          Our attack, as long as it stays healthy is quite capable.
          Our attack is good but if we go at the world cup with such hole in DM and defense, we will get trashed by everybody.

Comment

I'm pressed about the list.

Our defense just doesn't look like it will hold vs a Nigeria, Croatia that we need to beat to advance, let alone hold out vs a Pot 1 team.

Similarly, what are Hajsafi, Torabi, and Kamyabinia going to do at a world cup? Occupy space at the most with full respect to what Hajsafi and Kamyabinia have done for us before.

Still 8 months from world cup and I hope we get a surprise couple of players in the list that are young and hungry.

Comment

i dont watch the local league, so a bunch of question marks around the new players from pgl but otherwise seems to be mostly a make-shift selection just to get us outa this round and assess if any of the new ones can stand out and make a case for their continued inclusion in the run up to WC..!!
              I'm fairly certain many on this list wont end up making the trip to gutter 22

Comment

Yazdani > Faraji
                Mohebbi > Torabi or Sarlak ( too many Midfield players, could replace him with a winger )
                Any random guy walking around Park Mellat > Kamyabinya

So overall not pleased.

Comment

Decent squad. I like the inclusions of potential long-term players / young guys with Hosseinzadeh, Allahyar and Noorafkan. Mehdipour may merit, but between him and Torabi, Faraji and Esmaeilifar, I don't understand why we're suddenly inviting middle aged players to ride the bench -- these are valuable slots for other young guys to join TM and gain experience / build chemistry.

Would like to see young players like Mohebi, Yazdani, Salmani, Mehdikhani and Aghasi kept in the rotation for future call ups.

Comment

Would've liked to see Mohebi & Alipour

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                      I'm pressed about the list.

Our defense just doesn't look like it will hold vs a Nigeria, Croatia that we need to beat to advance, let alone hold out vs a Pot 1 team.

Similarly, what are Hajsafi, Torabi, and Kamyabinia going to do at a world cup? Occupy space at the most with full respect to what Hajsafi and Kamyabinia have done for us before.

Still 8 months from world cup and I hope we get a surprise couple of players in the list that are young and hungry.
                      I’m more worried about Skocic’s lack of emphasis on team defense than I am about the players capabilities. I know I sound like a broken record but the holes and openings we have given opposing teams in this round of WCQs will result in a 3-4 goal loss vs a team like Nigeria or Croatia.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by ABalls View Post
                        Decent squad. I like the inclusions of potential long-term players / young guys with Hosseinzadeh, Allahyar and Noorafkan. Mehdipour may merit, but between him and Torabi, Faraji and Esmaeilifar, I don't understand why we're suddenly inviting middle aged players to ride the bench -- these are valuable slots for other young guys to join TM and gain experience / build chemistry.

Would like to see young players like Mohebi, Yazdani, Salmani, Mehdikhani and Aghasi kept in the rotation for future call ups.
                        Iranian young players proved to not be reliable. Ghaedi is the last example.
                        However I agree, I forgot Aghasi btw.
                        Salmani completely fk up with his injuries, 4 wcq valuable games missed, it starts to look like to Taha Shariati

Comment

Working...
                        X