TM Videos - Nostalgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TM Videos - Nostalgia

Thought this is cool to post some old videos of games, so people are more familiarized with TM matches of the past.

Iran vs Ireland - World Cup 2002 Playoffs

Ireland were on an impressive unbeaten streak and had their golden generation. Iran was the first team to defeat Ireland in a long time.

1st Leg - Highlights

2nd Leg - Full Match

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Ali Karimi had some great chances in both legs vs. Ireland. Wish he had converted a couple of them.
    "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

That was a very painful qualification run.
      So much talent, so much messing up because we had so much trouble with Bahrain and Thailand.
      That Ireland team was also remarkable and knocked out a very good Holland team in their own qualification group.

Daei with that pass to Karimi! Wow. Xaviesque before Xavi.

Comment

Still hurts after 20 years. Karimi had 3 golden chances. 2 in Dublin and one in Tehran. Had he converted one of the chances we might have made it.

Comment

That first penalty give away was the worst penalty committed in TM history. So unnecessary and avoidable and was ultimately the difference even more than Karimi’s misses IMO
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

A few things

is this nostalgia? or repressed memories? very sad times haha

as member said above the penalty giveaway is horrendous. that is like a FIFA video game tackle, so unnecessary

Karimi first miss is bad, he got shocked at his space and had a bad touch. second one is good save

I remember I was in America and farsi school during this game. if i remember correctly, there was issues with getting the game broadcast so only access was radio, and I remember all the adults were listening to the game and I tried to sneak out of class but they didnt let me lol

Comment

One of my favourite players was Alireza Vahedi Nikbakht, and you can see from this game why.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                Thought this is cool to post some old videos of games, so people are more familiarized with TM matches of the past.

Iran vs Ireland - World Cup 2002 Playoffs

Ireland were on an impressive unbeaten streak and had their golden generation. Iran was the first team to defeat Ireland in a long time.

1st Leg - Highlights

2nd Leg - Full Match
                Thanks for posting ..

I remember both games clearly but watching them again, highlights for me the fact that we have come a long way since those days.

Most of our players looked so amateurish back then and lacked basic football skill like stopping the ball or making a healthy pass. Our team was lost in both games!

I am glad we didn't go to World Cup that year. We would have been shamed!

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
                  A few things

is this nostalgia? or repressed memories? very sad times haha

as member said above the penalty giveaway is horrendous. that is like a FIFA video game tackle, so unnecessary

Karimi first miss is bad, he got shocked at his space and had a bad touch. second one is good save

I remember I was in America and farsi school during this game. if i remember correctly, there was issues with getting the game broadcast so only access was radio, and I remember all the adults were listening to the game and I tried to sneak out of class but they didnt let me lol
                  I remember going to that game in Dublin with my brother. It was soon after 9/11 and flights from US were dirt cheap. Very hospitable country even though we were the enemy that were trying to knock them out of WC!!! Nice, nice people. Our tickets (and all Iranian fans) were right behind the goal that we were defending in the first half.
                  The penalty by Rahman Rezaei happened right in front of my face. I could not believe it as I thought of him as our most solid defender. I am not sure if he was playing in Europe yet, but it was definitely lack of experience playing in big games... Also, both of Karimi's misses in the second half happened right in front of us.

Next day, all the papers were full of praise for us and for their goalkeeper who saved their butts.

Comment

Funny thing is Irish fans always had a love hate relationship with Shay Given. Obviously they loved him for these 2 games. Roy Keane also didn’t travel to Tehran in the 2nd leg. McCarthy (Ireland manager) thought he was faking. Poisoned their relationship further to the point it all came to a hear right before World Cup 2002.

This TM was incredibly talented but so inconsistent. We also had some bad eggs in the dressing room. Plus someone like azizi left TM because of a damn number !

Rahman and his dumb tackles. He lost his head in big games. You have to keep in mind he didn’t really join TM until Blazevic invited him.

I still remember being bummed out that summer as TM wasn’t there and an absolute embarrassing saudi side was there instead ;(

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                      One of my favourite players was Alireza Vahedi Nikbakht, and you can see from this game why.
                      Easy hattrick by AK8. That Slovakia team had several Bundesliga players, but there was no stopping him. We also played them a few months earlier/later in Tehran where he scored twice. Any highlights of that?

2001/2002 was the turning point in his career. He should have moved to europe then.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        Funny thing is Irish fans always had a love hate relationship with Shay Given. Obviously they loved him for these 2 games. Roy Keane also didn’t travel to Tehran in the 2nd leg. McCarthy (Ireland manager) thought he was faking. Poisoned their relationship further to the point it all came to a hear right before World Cup 2002.

This TM was incredibly talented but so inconsistent. We also had some bad eggs in the dressing room. Plus someone like azizi left TM because of a damn number !

Rahman and his dumb tackles. He lost his head in big games. You have to keep in mind he didn’t really join TM until Blazevic invited him.

I still remember being bummed out that summer as TM wasn’t there and an absolute embarrassing saudi side was there instead ;(
                        Rahman has done some bone headed shit. Like that pass vs Mexico in 2006 and then the own goal vs Uzbekistan lol. Thankfully Kazemi saved our ass with that incredible pass from Ando

Comment

I remember watching this match from Parke Abi on an old fashioned TV with poor signal. It was one of those TVs where you had to adjust the antenna.

Comment

Comment

Iran vs Chile 1998 - Carlsberg Cup

Iran v Chile - 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X