No announcement yet.

TM Videos - Nostalgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kavianpour was great, but doping accusations ruined him. He also went to UAE at his peak like a fool.
    I also think he got injured just before Asian Cup 2004 and Nekounam then really went on to solidify his spot in TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      Kavianpour was great, but doping accusations ruined him. He also went to UAE at his peak like a fool.
      I also think he got injured just before Asian Cup 2004 and Nekounam then really went on to solidify his spot in TM.
      It was that famous win over Saudi in Azadi (Ali Daei brace in the 2-0 win) that Blazy made a permanent switch to Javad Nekounam. It surprised us all when the lineup was announced that he went with Javad over Hamed.

Thank God that he did. But Kavianpour was pretty special too. Real good distributor, had a great shot on him and ran a lot. He was also Ali Karimi's very close friend too.

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

The kits from 2000-03 by Shekari are classic. I have game worn red by Azizi and white of Bagheri and Kia. Simply awesome.

Karimi was beast mode during that era. But watching the Ireland matches we cleary lacked planning and Blazevic team gave up possession way to easily often resorting to aimless tackles trying to win ball back.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Iran vs. Mexico 2000

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Iran vs. Iraq in Baghdad. 2002 World Cup Qualifiers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5QLq7XpBsw

Comment

Iran vs. Japan in Tehran and the last time Iran won against Japan. Haven't beaten those lot in a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                Iran vs. Japan in Tehran and the last time Iran won against Japan. Haven't beaten those lot in a minute.

Zandi, Karimi, Daei, Hashemian, Mahdavikia. Now, a bunch of players who don't get minutes + Taremi and Azmoun. Those were good days.

Comment

I remember those games man. For some reason I was so pumped up about our WC group thinking we would easily qualify ! But when you actually sit down and watch our WCQ05 videos, it was obvious that we would fail in WC badly.

90% of our goals in our WCA last round were from bekesh ziresh football (set pieces) . We scored 7 goals and 5 of them were from set pieces (either corner or free kicks). We had tall players ali daei , nekounam , hashemian , golmohammadi , nosrati and even jabari. Our opponents were short japan , korea and bahrain !

Lol I used to think we would draw portugal, beat mexico (comfortably) and then beat the shit out of Angola with our B team I don't think I was the only one!!!

btw We lost to both japan and korea that year too .

Comment

Watching Asian football back then was wild.

The Japanese commentary and format of the scoreboards/lineups made the games look like Pro Evolution Soccer

Comment

Working...
                    X