Dragan Skočić In or Dragan Skočić Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    perhaps the target of your post should be YOU, yourself.
    you seem to dismiss these teams without actually acknowledging the history.
    Iraq won the asia cup .... WHILE IN WAR & constant turmoil. We have lost game after game to all these minnows, with seriously good coaches too.
    Now if you dont like to consider that, its your choice. but it doesnt change the facts or history.
    Iraq isn’t a super power even in Asian standards if we losing against team like Lebanon Syria Iraq then we don’t deserve to be in the world cup , and we just not a strong footballing Nation we all want to believe we are,,,, history of what asian football , that doesn’t mean anything in the World Cup so we 3 times Asian champs what does that mean in terms of the World Cup ,,, nothing … you only gain respect by going to the World Cup and wining games getting to the elimination rounds and beating strong teams like what the Senegal of 2002 , Ukraine of 2006 , Ghana of 2010, Costa Rica of 2014 , Croatia of 2018 ,,,, none of these countries are super powers in football but they were able to make a stamp in the World Cup and prove they belong
    We haven’t yet made a statement like that the closest we got was with 2018 team with CQ , for us to make that kinda statement we need a very powerful performance in Qatar I just don’t see someone like skocic being able to provided that to the team to push them over this hurdle …
    All the other Asian teams Australia S.Korea Japan and Saudi Arabia have made it to the 2nd round why can’t we , go research what was involved and preparation and planning that was undertaken for these nation to make it …
    No matter what I want Iran to be successful I want us to show our true potential…

Comment

I just think he's really good for dealing with A-rab teams and that's it... but we won't face any of them in the world cup so that just makes his only really strong point trivial. But then again as a lot of people have pointed out we could just end up with another CAS case just before the world cup, meaning a vatani coach would be the safest bet, but then again which vatani coach do we have that can really be deemed as an improvement.

I say get CQ back, Egypt are out scoring on themselves in the second leg and then losing on penalties, so I guess that means he'll be free right?

Comment

Originally posted by a_m View Post
        Iraq isn’t a super power even in Asian standards if we losing against team like Lebanon Syria Iraq then we don’t deserve to be in the world cup , and we just not a strong footballing Nation we all want to believe we are,,,, history of what asian football , that doesn’t mean anything in the World Cup so we 3 times Asian champs what does that mean in terms of the World Cup ,,, nothing … you only gain respect by going to the World Cup and wining games getting to the elimination rounds and beating strong teams like what the Senegal of 2002 , Ukraine of 2006 , Ghana of 2010, Costa Rica of 2014 , Croatia of 2018 ,,,, none of these countries are super powers in football but they were able to make a stamp in the World Cup and prove they belong
        We haven’t yet made a statement like that the closest we got was with 2018 team with CQ , for us to make that kinda statement we need a very powerful performance in Qatar I just don’t see someone like skocic being able to provided that to the team to push them over this hurdle …
        All the other Asian teams Australia S.Korea Japan and Saudi Arabia have made it to the 2nd round why can’t we , go research what was involved and preparation and planning that was undertaken for these nation to make it …
        No matter what I want Iran to be successful I want us to show our true potential…
        All the countries you mentioned have had proper investment into their footballing infrastructure, and for the most part, deal with it as a business. We don't have infrastructure or investment.

There's no reason for us to be able to beat Iraq, Syria, UAE, etc. We've always struggled against them, and will always continue to do so. They've always been formidable opponents and shrugging them aside doesn't make much sense. South Korea lost to the UAE yesterday, Japan lost to Vietnam a while ago too. So saying that Skocic has had an easy job isn't fair, I think he's let the team play an offensive style without much tactics though, but he's done well.

I'm with you though on Skocic not being able to go up against big teams. I don't see us being able to compete with him on the WC or the AC.
        Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
        محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
        - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Those who are mentioning Daei's return - I'm not 100% against him having another stint, mainly because he is very good at bringing forward young talent. I just think the risk of hashieh and falling out with a key player or two is too high....

His win ratio is also good - (as per the database of all recorded matches on teammelli.com and full national team stats of coaches who played 15+ games )

Daei: 62.50% P24 W15 D6 L3
          Mayeli Kohan: 60.5% P38 W23 D9 L6
          Queiroz: 60.0% P100 W60 D27 L13
          Ivankovic: 58.9% P56 W33 D14 L9
          Ghalenoi: 58.8% P17 W10 D6 L1
          Talebi: 56.0% P25 W14 D5 L6
          Mohajerani: 53.6%: P28 W15 D7 L6
          Ghotbi: 53.3%: P30 W16 D6 L8
          Pourheidari: 52.9%: P17 W9 D5 L3
          Blazevic: 52.6%: P19 W10 D4 L5
          Dehdari: 50.0%: P22 W11 D6 L5
          Parvin: 44.1%: P34 W15 D11 L8

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
            Those who are mentioning Daei's return - I'm not 100% against him having another stint, mainly because he is very good at bringing forward young talent. I just think the risk of hashieh and falling out with a key player or two is too high....

His win ratio is also good - (as per the database of all recorded matches on teammelli.com and full national team stats of coaches who played 15+ games )

Daei: 62.50% P24 W15 D6 L3
            hey bro Am I missing something here, because according to soccerway Daei has :

12 Wins
            3 Loss
            9 Draw

Out of 24 games that he has been our manager.

So That makes him only %50 . Unless I have got something wrong here. Look at the screenshot. where did you get this data from ?

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
              Unless I have got something wrong here. Look at the screenshot. where did you get this data from ?
              Hey bro, I put the source in my post

Comment

https://www.teammelli.com/coaches/co...-7fab8f37-fef1

Comment

Oh okay thanks dadash . I guess soccerway got it wrong bro . I just checked they didn't include any of our WAFF games.

btw In your source it says 25 games:

W16
                  D6
                  L3

Win%= 64%

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                    You have no idea what Dragan will do in WC cause he's given you an Asian resume this far.
                    We keep saying CQ...but we already know what CQ can do...and it's not enough. Not only that I will gladly take my chances on Skocic the unknown versus CQ who has employed same tactics since United days. Everyone has figured out how ultra defensive approach. It's a failure. A step back to go in with this same approach when we have 2 of the best attackers in Asia.
                    I bet you ask Egyptians they would take Badry over CQ!
                    Let's get over CQ. I'm all for finding a better coach at some point likelybafter WC if Dragan doesn't get is past group stages. But no one thought Dragan would do what he did in WCQ...don't derail what's working right now. Support TM!
                    Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                    I never said we should kick him out and bring Carlos in, I was just saying that he brought back the old "bazan ziresh" tactic that we had finally seen removed from our national team during Carlos' time. There is no cohesive flow amongst our players anymore, and I see no tactical awareness from the coach. Yes we have only seen him against Asian opponents, but we have looked weak in those games. It is pretty easy to infer what would happen if we play against stronger opponents. I don't see your argument, how would we perform well against a top European team, if we can't perform well against a Tier 2 Asian team? It is illogical to assume that he just isn't being challenged enough lol...

We will never see Carlos back in Iran. And also I don't know any coach who would accept payment in our useless currency either. At the end of the day, I am not mad at Dragan, I am mad at our useless Federation and country. We have such a talented squad, and it is a shame to see them being so poorly led. I am happy Dragan brought us out of the situation Wilmots left us in, but he is not skilled enough to lead us against the best teams in the world. This would be a very embarrassing WC for us if he is in charge
                    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
                      I would also bring Carlos back. The backbone is still his team, they LOVE him, I'm friends with a few of the players and they all absolutely would kill themselves on the pitch for him. He would love to coach at another world cup for sure and his time is also running out. Reaching a deal with him is probably easier than it's ever been, with Skocic, we will embarrass our nation on the big stage and whoever does not agree in my opinion is delusional. I myself am not a big fan of parking the bus but who cares when it's the world cup!? Get to the second round and everybody will be happy. Greece did it in the euros, parked the bus a whole tournament and ended up winning it
                      . Bring Carlos back.
                      if there is any possibility at all of getting CQ, we need to get him. I think he'd take the job if it was offered. He had to fight through two hellish asian qualifying cycles to qualify iran the previous times. this time - the hard work is done for him and he gets a straight shot to the world cup before retirement. It's super low risk for both parties. it's a win-win and just makes so much sense. he's said that he'd retire after Egypt and he'd retire after the WC anyway.

he's not the perfect option, he'll park the bus and play a brand of football some don't like, etc. but he gives us a better chance of success at the WC than skocic does.

It's very unfair to remove skocic because he did a great job and rescued us but it's more unfair to hurt 80 million fans if there's a better option. To all those defending skocic - i get it - but how will you feel when we get smacked the first two games of the WC? Skocic is an inexperienced, untested coach at the international level. He's way in over his head.

To those who say it's too risky to bring a new coach this late in the game, you're probably right. That's why CQ is the only coach i'd replace skocic with because (a) he's someone whose qualities we know and we know he can work well with our players (though maybe not the federation) (b) he's the only coach who can get the team to the needed level within the short timeframe until the WC (because the core of the team is familiar with his tactics). I just compared our wc2018 squad and ac2019 squad with our probable wc2022 squad - at least 12 of the players on the wc2022 squad will have tournament experience with CQ. CQ won't have much time with the team but he won't need it...3-4 solid friendlies and a good camp is all CQ would need to re-instill his tactics and get us to a level that'll allow us to compete at the WC.
                      With CQ, we have a chance. the energy and hype around his return alone would fortify the squad's resolve and give us renewed focus at a time when the team's discipline (both on and off the field) is diminishing. if we get lose in the WC, it'll be because the other team beat us....with skocic there's a good chance we beat ourselves.

If CQs offered the job he'd take it. the team and fanbase would clearly benefit from it. it's on the IFF. They need to reach out to him immediately and see if they can make a deal OR announce very soon and very publicly and clearly that CQ isn't ever coming back/Skocic's job is safe to save the team from the hashiyeh that CQ return rumors will create. These CQ rumors are the last thing that skocic and the team need. but the rumors won't stop until IFF says something or CQ announces his official retirement (which again, he said he would after egypt if they don't qualify). limbo will hurt the team....

In the end - if the most successful coach in TM's history, who built the current team and still has ties to the players, is available to replace an inexperienced coach with a fraction of the experience heading into his FIRST EVER international tournament (and the WC a that)....how do you not go for it? CQ back to TM would be the best outcome for us.

Comment

Honestly imagine us being grouped with Brazil and Germany with Skocic in charge, its beyond frightening.
                        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
                          Honestly imagine us being grouped with Brazil and Germany with Skocic in charge, its beyond frightening.
                          On the flip side, had IFF kept CQ we would have improved so much by now that having those teams would not have frightened me one bit. We might have even advanced. Keep in mind, we were very close from topping the group containing Spain and Portugal 4 years earlier.

Comment

I think the way TM is playing is much more exciting and acceptable and much less embarrassing than when CQ was in charge. We just parked the bus and played basically anti-football relying on counter attacks. Just the way our opponents in the qualifying rounds played against us. I don't really want to see that again. Thank you very much. Besides, look what CQ did with the best goal keeper and the best forward player in the world? He may have injected some kind of proper discipline in our football which we badly lacked and still are far behind the football-wise developed nations but that does not make him a good head coach. He is great for heading a football federation. That's how I see him.
                            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                            نگاه میکنید.
                            sigpic
                            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

I hope for the second round but at least, hopefully we will score much more than 2 goals, and hopefully from open play this time

Comment

Agreed.

if CQ is on the table, get him ASAP. Someone just said imagine if we get grouped with like Argentina/Brazil and Germany

That is a nightmare situation with Skocic, he doesn't know how to prep defense at all

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
                                if there is any possibility at all of getting CQ, we need to get him. I think he'd take the job if it was offered. He had to fight through two hellish asian qualifying cycles to qualify iran the previous times. this time - the hard work is done for him and he gets a straight shot to the world cup before retirement. It's super low risk for both parties. it's a win-win and just makes so much sense. he's said that he'd retire after Egypt and he'd retire after the WC anyway.

he's not the perfect option, he'll park the bus and play a brand of football some don't like, etc. but he gives us a better chance of success at the WC than skocic does.

It's very unfair to remove skocic because he did a great job and rescued us but it's more unfair to hurt 80 million fans if there's a better option. To all those defending skocic - i get it - but how will you feel when we get smacked the first two games of the WC? Skocic is an inexperienced, untested coach at the international level. He's way in over his head.

To those who say it's too risky to bring a new coach this late in the game, you're probably right. That's why CQ is the only coach i'd replace skocic with because (a) he's someone whose qualities we know and we know he can work well with our players (though maybe not the federation) (b) he's the only coach who can get the team to the needed level within the short timeframe until the WC (because the core of the team is familiar with his tactics). I just compared our wc2018 squad and ac2019 squad with our probable wc2022 squad - at least 12 of the players on the wc2022 squad will have tournament experience with CQ. CQ won't have much time with the team but he won't need it...3-4 solid friendlies and a good camp is all CQ would need to re-instill his tactics and get us to a level that'll allow us to compete at the WC.
                                With CQ, we have a chance. the energy and hype around his return alone would fortify the squad's resolve and give us renewed focus at a time when the team's discipline (both on and off the field) is diminishing. if we get lose in the WC, it'll be because the other team beat us....with skocic there's a good chance we beat ourselves.

If CQs offered the job he'd take it. the team and fanbase would clearly benefit from it. it's on the IFF. They need to reach out to him immediately and see if they can make a deal OR announce very soon and very publicly and clearly that CQ isn't ever coming back/Skocic's job is safe to save the team from the hashiyeh that CQ return rumors will create. These CQ rumors are the last thing that skocic and the team need. but the rumors won't stop until IFF says something or CQ announces his official retirement (which again, he said he would after egypt if they don't qualify). limbo will hurt the team....

In the end - if the most successful coach in TM's history, who built the current team and still has ties to the players, is available to replace an inexperienced coach with a fraction of the experience heading into his FIRST EVER international tournament (and the WC a that)....how do you not go for it? CQ back to TM would be the best outcome for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X