Dragan Skočić In or Dragan Skočić Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by a_m View Post
    For skocic to say he is Croatian, and because of that he knows how to beat England is way off, he is just grandstanding to the IFF , you can’t even compare that Croatian team that beat England to Iran , they were stacked ..
    He likely said that in response to Southgate who said all he knows about Iran is they have a European coach...of course Skocic doesn't think all it takes to beat England is a Croatian. Jeeze guys when did we forget how to take a joke?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
      Well that "unqualified biorze" is the one who qualified us when we had no hope. Are you qualified to comment on whether Skocic is qualified or not? You don't even seem to be relying on stats with your experise.
      Here are some stats for you:
      Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
      Now Iran-Korea in qualifiers is an interesting topic.
      2007ACQ: Ghalenoi 4pts.
      2010WCQ: Daei/Ghotbi combo 2pts.
      2014WCQ: CQ kabir 6pts.
      2018WCQ: CQ kabir 4pts.
      2022WCQ: Dallal 1pt.

Comment

For all the Skocic haters:

If you want to bash him, find something better than some harmless korkori he engaged in vs England.

I don't know, may be point to his record, his results, or something......Oh Oh...Never mind. Go back to bashing him for korkori.
        Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post

If you want to bash him, find something better than some harmless korkori he engaged in vs England.

I don't know, may be point to his record, his results, or something......Oh Oh...Never mind. Go back to bashing him for korkori.
          What have you seen from his tactical play / player development that has impressed you? What is something that he has introduced to our team that you see as valuable? I am well aware we qualified against weak opponents and that our handful of star players carried us through. But comparing coach to coach (any coach, doesn’t have to be CQ), what is it that you value from Dragan that he has brought to TM that makes you confident that he is the person to lead us against England?
          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
            What have you seen from his tactical play / player development that has impressed you? What is something that he has introduced to our team that you see as valuable? I am well aware we qualified against weak opponents and that our handful of star players carried us through. But comparing coach to coach (any coach, doesn’t have to be CQ), what is it that you value from Dragan that he has brought to TM that makes you confident that he is the person to lead us against England?
            We seem to have better linkup play with the exception of the Korea match in Seoul for obvious reasons. Our passing is more crisp and faster. Team is speedier in transition and offense has created usually 5-7 high quality chances beyond goals scored. It's nice to be more offensive minded when holding the ball. All these things didn't happen until Skocic came. I expect these to improve further if we have good prep. I am also hopeful the defensive game will improve with decent prep...something Skocic hadn't had much time to work on given the qualification schedule.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I am not sure what problem people have with the following statement. Please can someone explain to me what is wrong with this statement?

https://twitter.com/footfuniran/stat...tZd-N_7uFb4hEQ

Comment

what is it that you value from Dragan that he has brought to TM that makes you confident that he is the person to lead us against England?
                HIS RESULTS. You know the thing that counts the most!!!

We have been playing the same group countries forever. He is the only one who:

- Qualified the team with 3 games to go.
                - Beat Iraq 3 times, after the previous famous coach lost to them.
                - Never lost to an Arab team.

Any other questions?

#TRUST THE RESULTS

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                  I am not sure what problem people have with the following statement. Please can someone explain to me what is wrong with this statement?

https://twitter.com/footfuniran/stat...tZd-N_7uFb4hEQ
                  At best, it was a poorly delivered joke. Dragan should leave the comedy to the clowns at IFF.

Comment

Any other questions?

#TRUST THE RESULTS
                    Very helpful for the Arab teams we will be facing in the World Cup. Want to compare skocic and CQ records with South Korea next?

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
                      Very helpful for the Arab teams we will be facing in the World Cup. Want to compare Skocic and CQ records with South Korea next?
                      Sorry, but your comment shows a complete lack of understanding of football, tournaments, competitions, etc. Here is a hint: Results against a single country when already qualified, do not mean much. It is the aggregate of his records that is important, which is by far the best of any Iranian coach!!! By the way, we will not face SK in WC either. Any other brilliant observations?!!

Carry on hatin' then.

Comment

Sorry, but your comment shows a complete lack of understanding of football, tournaments, competitions, etc. Here is a hint: Results against a single country when already qualified, do not mean much. It is the aggregate of his records that is important, which is by far the best of any Iranian coach!!! By the way, we will not face SK in WC either. Any other brilliant observations?!!

Carry on hatin' then.
                        SK has players far FAR closer to quality of teams we will be facing compared to the Arab teams playing in iraq and Dubai mall league lol

Comment

- First thing he did was to make our opponents look weak. That is exactly what a good coach does. He also makes his players look like stars which again is exactly what a good coach does. (Of course, some here forget how they were afraid of this group and now proclaim that it was a weak group)

- He was able to play a more balanced brand of football successfully

- I like how our second halves are almost always stronger than the first halves and as you know the second half is called the coach's half. He reads the game well and out foxes the opposition coach.

- His demeanor and how he deals with players. I feel players play more stress free under him than under someone like CQ. Jalal Talebi also had this personality and got the best out of our players playing against a very strong group in 1998.

- Compared to CQ, players hands are less tied during the game and they have freedom to express themselves more. An example of this is how our CB's have the freedom to move up with the ball, to create chaos like Kanani's assist to Azmoun in our last game against Lebonan. Shoja and Kanaani have been doing this from time to time during the qualifications as our #6 has been too out of shape to do it all game long and our #8 has been non existant.

- We attempt to build from the back more often than under CQ. Of course, this requires good passing and good first touches and not being afraid to keep the ball and not treating the ball like a hot potato. Needs more work and higher quality players (Our players, especially Mohammadi in SK game, during high press, were exposed) Work in progress but definitely the right way to play.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                            We seem to have better linkup play with the exception of the Korea match in Seoul for obvious reasons. Our passing is more crisp and faster. Team is speedier in transition and offense has created usually 5-7 high quality chances beyond goals scored. It's nice to be more offensive minded when holding the ball. All these things didn't happen until Skocic came. I expect these to improve further if we have good prep. I am also hopeful the defensive game will improve with decent prep...something Skocic hadn't had much time to work on given the qualification schedule.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I personally have not noticed crisper passing, the bezan ziresh "tactic" really stood out the most to me the last few games. Defense continues to be a huge concern as you pointed out, and for some reason our players are horrified of holding onto the ball.

Lets see if we get some friendlies how we do. I am personally very concerned with him as our coach, but would be happy to be proven wrong. I will focus on the play to see if I notice better, quick passing.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                              - First thing he did was to make our opponents look weak.
                              He made Hong Kong, Cambodia, Iraq, Syria, Bahrain, UAE look weak. Jalebe.... So what is a weak team to you? USA? England? South Korea?

Comment

Any other questions?

#TRUST THE RESULTS
                                Do you think the same style of play and what you saw in those games against much weaker opponents will continue to get results in the WC, against teams like England?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Comment

Working...
                                X