No announcement yet.

Dragan Skočić In or Dragan Skočić Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For time being, to me he is still our best coaching option for WC..!!
    but if we witness another lousy, unorganized performance vs the lowly Lebanon at Azadi regardless of a W...!! or more importantly if he doesnt get more hands on on the team management side of our football and much demanding of IFF to provide him with more training camps and challenging friendlies, and quicker integration of some young promising players for our MF and WB positions then for WC i much rather take my chances with a more seasoned, quality international coach preferably one from western EU or a South American one....!

Comment

Look, no one is expecting a miracle from Dragan. But also expecting no more than whatever chicken feed IFF throws at TM for preparation is certainly a guarantee group stage exit with maybe 1-2 points. We got the closest to round of sixteen with the most points, with an in-your-face hot-blooded coach. Dragan’s Mr Nice Guy demeanor may just not be cut out for dealing with an incompetent and unprofessional IFF.

Comment

I read the comments.

IFF has a poor legal team. I am worried to have another crook similar to Wilmots to get hired. WHO SIGNED Wilmots contract (Taj) should be brought to justice to teach a good lesson for future unfair contracts.

We need experienced legal sport person BEFORE hiring another coach. We have lost ALL the CAS contentions and paid dearly for a Federation that has no or little money which belongs to our people and country.

I care for our money, so I voted to keep Skocic until we find an experienced sport lawyer first to review contracts so that we don't end up paying over 6,000,000 Euro for two losses. Wilmots and his lawyer wife laughed at us in cashing the money which belonged to our people.

Coach is one issue. Losing all the agreements at CAS also needs to be addressed by our legal sport team. All foreign players have won their cases against our teams.

Political. We have lost in most international agreements because incompetent administrators have represented us. Stupid Javad Zarif signed an agreement that all the items were against our national interests.

Our future as a nation is at stake. Sport comes second.
        Let us remember we are not stupid people who are making stupid legal decisions.

We have lawyers among our members. They have chosen to hide as if our future is not in danger.
        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

akbar misagian
          would get bettwr result at the wc
          then skocic.
          with akbar outi errr zedeh futball
          we will get 2 draws And one L.
          with skocic 1 draw and 2 L I GURANTEE.

iranian coach= amir galenoie
          foreigner coach = easy to sign 6 month
          contract its wc year alot is available .

Comment

One game skocic loses, and everbody freaks out. How long has he been unbeaten for? Did he not drag us out of the hole Wilmots dug us in? Plus the fact that our two most KEY players were missing: ARJ & Taremi.

When we had our A team in the first game against South Korea, we played well, even hit the post twice.

Did he have the most ideal lineup and tactics in the last game? No. But he should be given the opportunity to learn some things about our team from the last game, and move forward. He deserves that.

Also, he’s never had a proper training camp to test tactics and build chemistry against a string of friendlies.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian H View Post
              I have a question. Imagine we never had Wilmots as a coach. Now imagine you get the oppertunity to fire Skocic now and hire Wilmots instead. A coach who has experince at the highest level. He coached Belgium at a World cup and a euros. He has Been the coach of some of the Best players in the World. He Would probably have the respect og our players. Would you take him? Probably yes. And that is probably the level of coach we Can get. On paper Wilmots is a much much better coach for Iran. But history showed, that Skocic is better for Iran than him

The morale is, be carefull what you wish for 8 months before a World cup. We could end up with a New Wilmots.
              Thank you

Comment

wimoc situation
                its first time we had experience
                like that worst ever
                it was an accident.
                WE CANT SAY
                I WONT DRIVE A CAR AGAIN BEACAUSE
                I WAS IN A CAR ACCIDENT.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
                  One game skocic loses, and everbody freaks out. How long has he been unbeaten for? Did he not drag us out of the hole Wilmots dug us in? Plus the fact that our two most KEY players were missing: ARJ & Taremi.

When we had our A team in the first game against South Korea, we played well, even hit the post twice.

Did he have the most ideal lineup and tactics in the last game? No. But he should be given the opportunity to learn some things about our team from the last game, and move forward. He deserves that.

Also, he’s never had a proper training camp to test tactics and build chemistry against a string of friendlies.
                  2 months ago nobody cared that taremi was excluded. Now he is a key player? ARJ is all the time critizised by most members here for his playing and now he is a key player? Cheap excuses.

Comment

I'm seriously torn. It's like I have split personalities- one favoring Skocic IN and one favoring Skocic OUT

I'm not happy with his performance against South Korea in both legs, and the first leg against Lebanon was also a very lucky outcome for us. That being said, his record is still very good.

He dug us out of a very deep hole that the ACTUAL Dallal Wilmots put us into. Dragan is far from a dallal.. A yes man, maybe... A bit over his head with this position? Maybe... But he's done a good job overall thus far.

I just don't see how firing him from these recent results would set a good precedent for the next manager. Imagine Jardim, Carvalhal, etc all hearing their predecessor got sacked with a 14 win 1 draw 1 loss record I'm not even sure if they'd want to join...

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                      2 months ago nobody cared that taremi was excluded. Now he is a key player? ARJ is all the time critizised by most members here for his playing and now he is a key player? Cheap excuses.
                      Taremi has blossomed into our best player. ARJ has become an important player the past couple of games.

Skocic likes to play an offensive style. You take out Ghoddos, Taremi, ARJ, and Ezatollahi, where’s our offense?
                      We do not have the depth to cope.

We did excellent during AC2019 with CQ, but then lost 3-0 to Japan. No Taremi, penalty, etc. It was just one game, but a horrible result.

Maybe people prefer Wilmots, and not making the WC?

Comment

And for people saying CQ “never relied on a few players.” It’s because he had a strong defensive philosophy. It’s much easier to compensate for a lack of depth, when playing defensive. That can be taught and trained over time, so players become somewhat “interchangeable.”

But you can’t interchange offensive talent, unless you have actual depth.

Comment

Cannot answer the pole without knowing who the replacement would be. If replaced with high caliber and experienced coach, then yes. But if replaced with another unqualified or money grabbing coach, then no.

Comment

Usually I’d say no but I have reservations about someone who thinks aref gholami is the 3rd best Iranian RB

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
                              Usually I’d say no but I have reservations about someone who thinks aref gholami is the 3rd best Iranian RB
                              Don’t really think it was his choice you can see from his subs he went all out to appease Esteghlal and Majidi in this match. His subs were Gholami, Mehdipour, Hosseinzadeh and Allahyar. Shahab Zahedi, Yasin Salmani and Esmailifar got invited to camp over the last months didn’t get a single minute of playing time, I said before the game someone is putting him under pressure and it turned out to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                                I'm seriously torn. It's like I have split personalities- one favoring Skocic IN and one favoring Skocic OUT

I'm not happy with his performance against South Korea in both legs, and the first leg against Lebanon was also a very lucky outcome for us. That being said, his record is still very good.

He dug us out of a very deep hole that the ACTUAL Dallal Wilmots put us into. Dragan is far from a dallal.. A yes man, maybe... A bit over his head with this position? Maybe... But he's done a good job overall thus far.

I just don't see how firing him from these recent results would set a good precedent for the next manager. Imagine Jardim, Carvalhal, etc all hearing their predecessor got sacked with a 14 win 1 draw 1 loss record I'm not even sure if they'd want to join...
                                How do you no he is not a dalal? go see who he works with and his previous in this league.. what foreign coach accepts a job in azadegan... comon mate...

Comment

Working...
                                X