Dragan Skočić In or Dragan Skočić Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes one question

How is our defense going to do against the likes of England, US and Scotland as compared to Lebanon and Korea when it just looked like a JV team's shape?

Nourfkhan has to sub out against England due to injury god forbid.. Daneshmand going to pull another Gholami sub to go up against the likes of Rahim Sterling?

Nemidoneh chejoree defa bechineh

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
    HIS RESULTS. You know the thing that counts the most!!!
    We have been playing the same group countries forever. He is the only one who:
    - Qualified the team with 3 games to go.
    - Beat Iraq 3 times, after the previous famous coach lost to them.
    - Never lost to an Arab team.
    Any other questions?
    #TRUST THE RESULTS

Comment

Under CQ we did not earn that international respect that we all think we deserve despite the fact we did get some respectful results, i.e. did not get trashed in the last WC. Why? because TM did not play football the way it should be. He literally parked the bus. He frustrated the opposition and also the watching crowd. I must admit there were periods in TM games when I felt embarrassed and cringed. CQ is a good guy to hire to overhaul the footballing system as he will implement a good modern system. He masterminded the USA's football system and look they are a force to be reckoned with. And that's another reason why he was always at loggerheads with the IFF. For me he is over and done. We need to learn from what he did in terms of defensive playing and move on to play attacking attractive exciting football. Results are not important for us yet because looking at out League we are still behind and we need to start from there. Our vatani coaches are emotional wrecks and look for results. They don't care about coaching players at higher international levels. They just want to win. occasionally we get a good talent and these talents know they will not progress unless they go to a better league outside of Iran
      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
      نگاه میکنید.
      sigpic
      I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
        Under CQ we did not earn that international respect that we all think we deserve despite the fact we did get some respectful results, i.e. did not get trashed in the last WC. Why? because TM did not play football the way it should be. He literally parked the bus. He frustrated the opposition and also the watching crowd. I must admit there were periods in TM games when I felt embarrassed and cringed. CQ is a good guy to hire to overhaul the footballing system as he will implement a good modern system. He masterminded the USA's football system and look they are a force to be reckoned with. And that's another reason why he was always at loggerheads with the IFF. For me he is over and done. We need to learn from what he did in terms of defensive playing and move on to play attacking attractive exciting football. Results are not important for us yet because looking at out League we are still behind and we need to start from there.
        You couldn't be more incorrect, with all due respect.

It was ONLY under Carlos queiroz that we earned some respect from the footballing world.

Nobody ever had a single good thing to say about Iran from any world cups until they saw how well organized we played and the results we got under CQ.

Results don't matter for us yet? Since when?

The most important thing we want to achieve is the round of 16. Results are more important than anything.

The right way to play football then is to play an attacking game when you know it's going to open you up and concede multiple goals against the likes of England, just so certain fans like yourself can be pleased? Even though the results will be worse?

Results are what Matter most, not your entertainment.

The right way to play is playing to the strengths of your team, and in our case it's defending deep and counters, unless you'd rather have us lose as long as the game is more attractive to you.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
          You couldn't be more incorrect, with all due respect.

It was ONLY under Carlos queiroz that we earned some respect from the footballing world.

Nobody ever had a single good thing to say about Iran from any world cups until they saw how well organized we played and the results we got under CQ.

Results don't matter for us yet? Since when?

The most important thing we want to achieve is the round of 16. Results are more important than anything.

The right way to play football then is to play an attacking game when you know it's going to open you up and concede multiple goals against the likes of England, just so certain fans like yourself can be pleased? Even though the results will be worse?

Results are what Matter most, not your entertainment.

The right way to play is playing to the strengths of your team, and in our case it's defending deep and counters, unless you'd rather have us lose as long as the game is more attractive to you.
          It's just the opposite of the reality... I can't understand it.

For the first time, we DID get respect - the professional pundits I met in Russia and Brazil were waxing lyrical about Team Melli for the first time - all my non-Iranian friends were saying "wow you guys play like a well-drilled club side".

I just can't get my head round this perception..., and also what the realistic expectation of TM is...

Comment

Sam20 and DR Strangemoosh I respect your point of views. But I don't believe CQ would get us to the next round without proper preparations either. With proper preparations we can get to the next round with either of DS or CQ
            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
            نگاه میکنید.
            sigpic
            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Sam20 and DR Strangemoosh I respect your point of views. But I don't believe CQ would get us to the next round without proper preparations either. With proper preparations we can get to the next round with either of DS or CQ
              Well I can't say I disagree with this... proper preparations are key whichever coach

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                What have you seen from his tactical play / player development that has impressed you? What is something that he has introduced to our team that you see as valuable? I am well aware we qualified against weak opponents and that our handful of star players carried us through. But comparing coach to coach (any coach, doesn’t have to be CQ), what is it that you value from Dragan that he has brought to TM that makes you confident that he is the person to lead us against England?
                LOL are you serious? He has unleashed our offensive potential. Taremi and Azmoun no longer have to run 90 meters and back to help out on defense in our box. Tm can comeback when scored on first unlike under CQ. We have seen consistently better second halves which is the coach's half and indicative of his tactics and changes made to it. Not to mention that half the team are new or player not used by CQ. His results have been good. People keep saying its the players who got these results vs weak teams but why did they not do so under CQ? Why did we not beat Iraq in 8 years if the players are so great why did they look hopeless against Japan?

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                  LOL are you serious? He has unleashed our offensive potential. Taremi and Azmoun no longer have to run 90 meters and back to help out on defense in our box. Tm can comeback when scored on first unlike under CQ. We have seen consistently better second halves which is the coach's half and indicative of his tactics and changes made to it. Not to mention that half the team are new or player not used by CQ. His results have been good. People keep saying its the players who got these results vs weak teams but why did they not do so under CQ? Why did we not beat Iraq in 8 years if the players are so great why did they look hopeless against Japan?
                  We beat them right before Asian Cup 2015, with CQ. Tied them in Asian Cup 2015 (went to penalties) and 2019.

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Under CQ we did not earn that international respect that we all think we deserve despite the fact we did get some respectful results, i.e. did not get trashed in the last WC. Why? because TM did not play football the way it should be. He literally parked the bus. He frustrated the opposition and also the watching crowd. I must admit there were periods in TM games when I felt embarrassed and cringed. CQ is a good guy to hire to overhaul the footballing system as he will implement a good modern system. He masterminded the USA's football system and look they are a force to be reckoned with. And that's another reason why he was always at loggerheads with the IFF. For me he is over and done. We need to learn from what he did in terms of defensive playing and move on to play attacking attractive exciting football. Results are not important for us yet because looking at out League we are still behind and we need to start from there. Our vatani coaches are emotional recks and look for results. They don't care about coaching players at higher international levels. They just want to win. occasionally we get a good talent and these talents know they will not progress unless they go to a better league outside of Iran
                    Yes, the way everyone looked at our football was good for them though retarded they were not embarrassed. This is in no way shape or form respect for our football.

Comment

Great job keeping the anti-CQ heathens occupied in this cesspit of a thread. The rest of the community are grateful for the sacrifices of the soldiers on the frontlines in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                        Great job keeping the anti-CQ heathens occupied in this cesspit of a thread. The rest of the community are grateful for the sacrifices of the soldiers on the frontlines in here.
                        "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

akhe how can somebody say they prefer us to play like saudi arabia and get beaten 8-0 rather than tie portugal and only lose on fluke goal to spain and then be expected to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._team_managers

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                              We beat them right before Asian Cup 2015, with CQ. Tied them in Asian Cup 2015 (went to penalties) and 2019.
                              To be fair, that was a friendly game and Iraq missed a penalty and two great scoring chances in that game. TM performance wasn't too impressive. Keep also in mind that we had a friendly game against Iraq behind close doors ( back in 2017) under CQ in Azadi, that we had lost to them (0-1)!

Comment

This thread reminds me that our league is a complete mess, when the rivalry between camps reminds me of club football.. please Keep hashiye on club level

Skocic Will do fine. People have selective memory when I clearly remember all these baffons now praising cq shat their pants during our last WC when the groups were announced.

One game in Seol does not suffice to draw conclusions. Neither all these arm chair analysis about tactics and strategier.

The poor man has gotten US results that matter. Time will tell IF ge is good enough or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X