No announcement yet.

Dragan Skočić In or Dragan Skočić Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taghavi says Stramaccioni and his agents should keep their hands off TM.

Also says if anyone should come in it should be CQ.

https://manjilnews.ir/استوری-اینستاگ...رباره-ش/

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
      Yes one question
      How is our defense going to do against the likes of England, US and Scotland as compared to Lebanon and Korea when it just looked like a JV team's shape?
      Nourfkhan has to sub out against England due to injury god forbid.. Daneshmand going to pull another Gholami sub to go up against the likes of Rahim Sterling?
      Nemidoneh chejoree defa bechineh
      Bingo! I’m waiting for a logical answer from Skocic supporters on this too….I’m yet to see any logical, sound argument as to how we can have any confidence in how our defense will hold up with what we have seen. England and USA are not the same as Syria and UAE.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
        Bingo! I’m waiting for a logical answer from Skocic supporters on this too….I’m yet to see any logical, sound argument as to how we can have any confidence in how our defense will hold up with what we have seen. England and USA are not the same as Syria and UAE.
        South Korea was our biggest defensive challenge and when we had our A team, they only threatened our goal once the entire game (aside from their one goal).

If we have good friendlies and preparation, then we can solidify our defense and add more depth to our roster. Or else, it’ll be a repeat of WC 2006 where Mexico cut through our defense like swiss cheese.

Comment

Yes one question

How is our defense going to do against the likes of England, US and Scotland as compared to Lebanon and Korea when it just looked like a JV team's shape?

Nourfkhan has to sub out against England due to injury god forbid.. Daneshmand going to pull another Gholami sub to go up against the likes of Rahim Sterling?

Nemidoneh chejoree defa bechineh
          Well we have done it before so It will be either vahid taking his place or milad mohammadi. Aref Gholami was a mistake but on other hand shoja was injured and we didn't have any center DFers, good enough to use on that side. Hopefully by then PAG will be fit and ready . Then we would have shoja, kanani , hosseini , pag as our center DFers.

Please keep in mind that we did use montazeri as our right back, in 2014 . And everyone called CQ crazy when he did that and they were proven wrong when they performed well against nigeria and argentina. But on other hand they totally flopped against Bosnia .

I do not think aref gholami will be invited again. Also remember that we would have both moharami and shoja available .

Regarding noorafkan, didn't skocic bring in milad mohammadi for ghoddos and then taking vahid amiri upfront and creating a triangle which lead to 2 goals against lebanon. I know it was lebanon but with right prepartion we can surely get thing done properly. Remember that its not just skocic in charge, its also our hamvatan vahid hashemian and karim bagheri who are helping.

I think something like this would work against England:

--------------------Beiro---------------------------
          Shoja-------Kanani--------Hosseini-----Noorafkan
          -----------Ezza-----------ahmad/ebrahimi----------
          Gholi-----------------------------------------ARJ
          --------------------Mehdi--------------------------
          -------------------Azmoun------------------------

Subs: Vahid Amiri, Ghoddos, Allahyar , Sarlak, Milad Mo.

Mehdi working as free deffensive MD. Just like we he did in porto in champions league.
          I hope Omid ebrahimi is invited. He deserves it.
          I hope All players are healthy and ready for the WC. Please Please no last minute injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
            South Korea was our biggest defensive challenge and when we had our A team, they only threatened our goal once the entire game (aside from their one goal).
            If we have good friendlies and preparation, then we can solidify our defense and add more depth to our roster. Or else, it’ll be a repeat of WC 2006 where Mexico cut through our defense like swiss cheese.
            They had more chances actually, including almost scoring in the dying seconds that was brilliantly saved by Alireza Beiranvand.
            "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
              They had more chances actually, including almost scoring in the dying seconds that was brilliantly saved by Alireza Beiranvand.
              They only had that one real chance in the 89th minute. That’s it.

Azmoun and Taremi forced saves, and we hit the post twice.

Comment

https://youtu.be/8r0p8UGOKO0
                Did anyone notice the tactical change that led to our first goal against Lebanon? Nourafkan started the game at left back in 4-3-3 formation.

After 30+ minutes of not being able to get past Lebanon's bus, Skocic changes the formation and moves Nourafkan to midfield, with JB replacing him as a left wingback. In essence it becomes a 3-5-2 or something similar.

Fast forward to 40:45. We build out the back and Nourafkan's presence in midfield confuses the Lebanese defenders who have to deal with an extra man. Nourafkan passes back and forth with Kanani. The Lebanese LCB doesn't know whether to follow Nourafkan or Gholizadeh and opens up space for Sardar to sneak in behind.

Interesting in game adjustment by Skocic that paid off.

Comment

That SK game was a watershed moment in terms of the tactical capacity that the coaching team has. Putting in Gholami, Hajsafi, Ahmad Noor was a disaster for the team. Like I said before, Lebanon game the team was not sharp defensively for whatever reason. So I'm not convinced that against better opponents the coaching team will know what to do.

CQ's coaching decisions worked. Skocic when asked to make serious tactical adjustments against a strong team sunk in the water and couldn't swim. Things are unpredictable as a coach, so you have to adjust all the time. Can't expect to have your favorite starting 11 every match.

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                  Well we have done it before so It will be either vahid taking his place or milad mohammadi. Aref Gholami was a mistake but on other hand shoja was injured and we didn't have any center DFers, good enough to use on that side. Hopefully by then PAG will be fit and ready . Then we would have shoja, kanani , hosseini , pag as our center DFers.

Please keep in mind that we did use montazeri as our right back, in 2014 . And everyone called CQ crazy when he did that and they were proven wrong when they performed well against nigeria and argentina. But on other hand they totally flopped against Bosnia .

I do not think aref gholami will be invited again. Also remember that we would have both moharami and shoja available .

Regarding noorafkan, didn't skocic bring in milad mohammadi for ghoddos and then taking vahid amiri upfront and creating a triangle which lead to 2 goals against lebanon. I know it was lebanon but with right prepartion we can surely get thing done properly. Remember that its not just skocic in charge, its also our hamvatan vahid hashemian and karim bagheri who are helping.

I think something like this would work against England:

--------------------Beiro---------------------------
                  Shoja-------Kanani--------Hosseini-----Noorafkan
                  -----------Ezza-----------ahmad/ebrahimi----------
                  Gholi-----------------------------------------ARJ
                  --------------------Mehdi--------------------------
                  -------------------Azmoun------------------------

Subs: Vahid Amiri, Ghoddos, Allahyar , Sarlak, Milad Mo.

Mehdi working as free deffensive MD. Just like we he did in porto in champions league.
                  I hope Omid ebrahimi is invited. He deserves it.
                  I hope All players are healthy and ready for the WC. Please Please no last minute injury.

Comment

Branko has expressed his full support for Skocic and believes TM could surprise at the World Cup:
                    https://manjilnews.ir/%d8%ad%d9%85%d...1%d8%a7%d9%86/

https://mondo.rs/Sport/Fudbal/a16182...ji-Srbije.html

Comment

That SK game was a watershed moment in terms of the tactical capacity that the coaching team has. Putting in Gholami, Hajsafi, Ahmad Noor was a disaster for the team. Like I said before, Lebanon game the team was not sharp defensively for whatever reason. So I'm not convinced that against better opponents the coaching team will know what to do.

CQ's coaching decisions worked. Skocic when asked to make serious tactical adjustments against a strong team sunk in the water and couldn't swim. Things are unpredictable as a coach, so you have to adjust all the time. Can't expect to have your favorite starting 11 every match.
                      The last two games should not even be looked at and judged. Even during CQ in 2018 we did not do well in our last game. And funnily enough people started saying that we will get trashed in WC if you can't even beat syria at home.

I agree about hajsafi and gholami however i don't think we have any other tall and physical player that can play the Deffensive MD role. Omid ebrahimi is good however he was not in the squad. Ehsan was probably the worst decision to use but even CQ used him and he cost us a lot. I have no idea why our managers keep using ehsan despite his blunders .

Gholami was a forced sub as shoja got injured. In terms of tactical we were great for first 40 minutes, until shoja got injured. We had to great chances to score in 1st 40 minutes but haj sooti messed up.

We need lots of good preparations before WC so we can over come these problems. We need good friendly matched with some decent european and north american teams. Lets hope IFF doesn't mess up again.

Comment

What tactical coaching mistake led to Korea's first goal? All I see is a missed foul call and a goalkeeping error. If Rahman Ahmadi doesn't make that double save and we fail to qualify in 2014 would you also say CQ's coaching decisions worked?

To be clear, I'm not saying we played well against SK. A lot of players played very poorly and Skocic's substitutions (especially Gholami) did not work. BUT, (1) if you are going to call him out for Gholami then also give him credit for his other substitutions and in-game adjustments that have paid off and (2) don't put individual mistakes on the coach, some of it is on the players.

Comment

Frankly, we could've easily lost that Korea game 5-1 or 4-1 too, if it wasn't for Abedzadeh making some spiderman saves and Son missing a sitter.

The error isn't really Skocic's fault, but what came after that is. Gholami was getting constantly burned by SK offense (the second goal is his fault).

I give Skocic plenty of credit for getting us here. He deserves A LOT for getting out of a pit. But I don't see how he can rise to the level of playing England, US, and Scotland - and I think the way we have played the last two games exemplifies many of his weaknesses in our defensive schemes that will get exploited

Originally posted by Navid H View Post
                          What tactical coaching mistake led to Korea's first goal? All I see is a missed foul call and a goalkeeping error. If Rahman Ahmadi doesn't make that double save and we fail to qualify in 2014 would you also say CQ's coaching decisions worked?
                          To be clear, I'm not saying we played well against SK. A lot of players played very poorly and Skocic's substitutions (especially Gholami) did not work. BUT, (1) if you are going to call him out for Gholami then also give him credit for his other substitutions and in-game adjustments that have paid off and (2) don't put individual mistakes on the coach, some of it is on the players.
                          Last edited by Hosseini; 04-05-2022, 10:12 PM.

Comment

This is my point, the Gholami and Hajsafi decisions, as well as the decision to exclude Ebrahimi are Sko's decisions - which showed poor judgment. I would even add removing Beiro from the starting lineup which was nonsensical given his "mistake" vs Lebanon which wasn't even his fault

Agree with the preparations for sure

The last two games should not even be looked at and judged. Even during CQ in 2018 we did not do well in our last game. And funnily enough people started saying that we will get trashed in WC if you can't even beat syria at home.

I agree about hajsafi and gholami however i don't think we have any other tall and physical player that can play the Deffensive MD role. Omid ebrahimi is good however he was not in the squad. Ehsan was probably the worst decision to use but even CQ used him and he cost us a lot. I have no idea why our managers keep using ehsan despite his blunders .

Gholami was a forced sub as shoja got injured. In terms of tactical we were great for first 40 minutes, until shoja got injured. We had to great chances to score in 1st 40 minutes but haj sooti messed up.

We need lots of good preparations before WC so we can over come these problems. We need good friendly matched with some decent european and north american teams. Lets hope IFF doesn't mess up again.

Comment

This is my point, the Gholami and Hajsafi decisions, as well as the decision to exclude Ebrahimi are Sko's decisions - which showed poor judgment. I would even add removing Beiro from the starting lineup which was nonsensical given his "mistake" vs Lebanon which wasn't even his fault

Agree with the preparations for sure
                              We don't know whats going on inside team melli but inviting gholami for the game was probably to test him out . Skocic has been criticised for not inviting new younger players and when he does he gets criticised again . He did test out other new players too (Mehdipour and Hosseinzadeh). One thing for sure is that no matter what skocic do, some people still gonna hate the guy. Even if we qualify from our group we'll still end up seeing comments like " oh it was all luck ", "it was players that did it and not skocic or team melli staff " etc..

This was exactly the same for CQ. No matter what he did, some people still hated CQ and criticised his tactics. It was PP fans being disrespectful towards CQ and now we see SS fans being disrespectfull towards Skocic. Ironically the people that condemned PP fan's behaviour are now applauding SS fans for being bunch of morons.

Omid ebrahimi has been doing great in qatar but we still dono if he capable to also perform under Skocic. But I agree with you and he should be invited and tested out. Also no hajsafi or gholami plz.

Comment

We don't know whats going on inside team melli but inviting gholami for the game was probably to test him out . Skocic has been criticised for not inviting new younger players and when he does he gets criticised again . He did test out other new players too (Mehdipour and Hosseinzadeh). One thing for sure is that no matter what skocic do, some people still gonna hate the guy. Even if we qualify from our group we'll still end up seeing comments like " oh it was all luck ", "it was players that did it and not skocic or team melli staff " etc..

This was exactly the same for CQ. No matter what he did, some people still hated CQ and criticised his tactics. It was PP fans being disrespectful towards CQ and now we see SS fans being disrespectfull towards Skocic. Ironically the people that condemned PP fan's behaviour are now applauding SS fans for being bunch of morons.

Omid ebrahimi has been doing great in qatar but we still dono if he capable to also perform under Skocic. But I agree with you and he should be invited and tested out. Also no hajsafi or gholami plz.
                                Ebrahimi would be an instant upgrade over Sarlak.
                                Hajsafi, Gholami, and Sarlak shouldn't be near TM.
                                I would go as far as having Cheshmi back before Sarlak.

Comment

Working...
                                X