No announcement yet.

Dragan Skočić In or Dragan Skočić Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on team morale. Looks like it is good rn, players are smiling, cheerful, happy. That's what is most important in order to succeed IMO. You can have great tactics but a depleted, depressed team and lose.

So keep him for now I think

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
      wimoc situation
      its first time we had experience
      like that worst ever
      it was an accident.
      WE CANT SAY
      I WONT DRIVE A CAR AGAIN BEACAUSE
      I WAS IN A CAR ACCIDENT.
      an 8.2 million euro accident? If you had an "accident" that caused this much damage, you'd be in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
        Sounds like a court proceeding.
        Courts require an impartial jury, which is the opposite of a sports forum. Let's see what happens. I hope UAE grows some balls and muster a tie or win against SK. If we beat Lebanon and finish top of the group, I will be happy!

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
          2 months ago nobody cared that taremi was excluded. Now he is a key player? ARJ is all the time critizised by most members here for his playing and now he is a key player? Cheap excuses.
          Please don't mix things up! We still don't care About "SINGLE" players but bro 5- FIVE key players were missing ! If it was 2 players Then yea I agree with you, but it was 5 important key players, including two top goal scorers of the competition!

Saeed, without a doubt has been our best MD and if you watch Iran vs korea (1st leg) saeed totally owned the shit out of koreas in that game, he even hit the woodwork.

No one is trying to make excuses but how do you expect a coach to plan everything out when just 3 days before the match he was told that 3 of his starters won't make it! Can you please put the hate away and be fair on the guy.

Another important thing that people keep forgeting is that we played really well before Shoja's injury. We had 2 great chances to score in 1st 40 minutes. I'm not fan of shoja but the guy totally disabled South korea without giving any space to Son to shoot.

And I'm not even gonna talk about Abedzadeh's sooti ..... or azmoun not being full match fit .

These are facts not excuses bro

Btw if the roles were reversed e.g. We won against south korea missing 3 key players (Son + Hwang + Kim Young-gwon), all the skocic haters would probably say stuff like this:

1.)Oh it was south korea's 2nd team. So nothing special

2.)South korea didn't have their best players so that why we won. Players did it not skocic.
          3.) etc.... more nonsense that we read right now.....

Comment

Baba, we had one bad performance in a match where the result didn't matter, he was trying out different shit and players were clearly not motivated.

In essence, this was just a friendly and let's face it, we don't get lots of those so we shouldn't waste these opportunities to experiment just because some fans expect us to win every match.

Plus, both goals were mostly Abedzadeh's fault - 100% on the first one and 50-75% on the 2nd one IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
              Baba, we had one bad performance in a match where the result didn't matter, he was trying out different shit and players were clearly not motivated.

In essence, this was just a friendly and let's face it, we don't get lots of those so we shouldn't waste these opportunities to experiment just because some fans expect us to win every match.

Plus, both goals were mostly Abedzadeh's fault - 100% on the first one and 50-75% on the 2nd one IMHO.
              It wasn't the first bad performance under Skocic.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                It wasn't the first bad performance under Skocic.
                He is out of his depth, as we head to the WC it’s only going to get worst. If he is not going to be changed then we better bring in some assistant coaches who are both proper analysts as well as technicians, then we can cover for the coaches inexperience & ineptness.

Comment

After 11 fucking years (<- say that loud) TM lost to FULL Strong Korean team IN Seoul (not azadi) while missing 5 (FIIIIIVE!!!) key players and people call for Socics head? You are making a fool of yourself baba.
                  IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

We had terrible games and losses under CQ aswell.
                    This is part of the game. Also lmao at people calling fpr Abedz to be benched. You ever played goalkeeper yourself? Go watch Son Min shot again. Even in slow motion it was super fast ffs. Could Abedz do better? yes of course.
                    Try to be supportive for once instead of blaming and bashing.
                    IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
                      After 11 fucking years (<- say that loud) TM lost to FULL Strong Korean team IN Seoul (not azadi) while missing 5 (FIIIIIVE!!!) key players and people call for Socics head? You are making a fool of yourself baba.
                      You can even say 6 with shoja injury

Comment

Too late to change! As much as we all want him out After Korea game, but 7 months to WC with a Federation in dissarry! I say the better bet is change the IFF!!! but I guess that's a HUGE ask! Skokic needs to take these next 7 months and start learning better coaching ! Maybe even calling up his better Croatian Compatriots! heck, call CQ! but IMO he needs to stay and right after WC, he gets fired or maybe used for U-18 teams or below ...

Comment

Maybe it's an idea to send our whole Volleyball team and federation instead of the football team, while we at it. We can use the CQ tactics, park the bus and hope for a draw or a goal on set pieces.

Comment

I'm torn on this.. There's definitely much better options out there compared to Skokic, but it's going to be tough to bring in a foreign coach and have him acclimated to Iran and it's football within 7 months or so before the World Cup..
                            At this point, I would ride Skokic out until after the World Cup.. If he doesn't win a game, then I would part ways. The manager pool would also be much larger after the World Cup too.

Comment

This is the last world cup with 32 teams. Next one has 48 and so the prestige of reaching second round is less.

Shortly, the world cup may well become every two years.

So this is really the last chance for Iran to achieve something which has evaded us.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                                This is the last world cup with 32 teams. Next one has 48 and so the prestige of reaching second round is less.

Shortly, the world cup may well become every two years.

So this is really the last chance for Iran to achieve something which has evaded us.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
                                Qualifying for the 2nd round will be very tough in World Cup 2026.
                                The tournament will open with a group stage consisting of 16 groups of three teams, with the top two teams progressing from each group to a knockout tournament starting with a round of 32 teams.

Imagine Iran falls in a group with Brazil and let's say Portugal... we wouldn't get out of the 3 team group.

Comment

Working...
                                X