Dragan Skočić In or Dragan Skočić Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
    This might sting a bit for the Skocic fanboys.
    By now it's pretty obvious that it was the Covid-break and not Skocic who got us out of the mess in the 2nd round WCQ.

He needs to GTFO before taking us down with him in the world cup.
    Ta vaghti ke in agha sarmorabimon bashe, TM movafagh nemishe.
    Lol. Ya our players sneezed so hard the opponents scored og left and right. Now the Skocic hate is beyond unreal.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Out .. definitely out!

Skocic is not at the level of World Cup and does not offer what Iran needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
        Out .. definitely out!

Skocic is not at the level of World Cup and does not offer what Iran needs.
        CQ won't improve us anymore either

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
          Lol. Ya our players sneezed so hard the opponents scored og left and right. Now the Skocic hate is beyond unreal.
          Lol Yea pretty much says it all about these people.

I'm not a skocic fan but I support him because we have no other choice and he is the best option we have. Pretty stupid of people asking him to leave team melli at this time when he has been coaching team melli for over past 2-3 years.

Put some sense back into your heads please. Skocic will be our coach in WC , IFF won't change him so instead of throwing rocks, support the man who represents your country (Unless you're not a TM fan anymore) .

Comment

Any reason Wilfried Schaefer isn't contacted to manage us? His record is pretty solid for Iran standards

Comment

We need to have strammonci or CQ at least they have balls to fight with the IFF and get something out of them wether it be a good solid camp or a few good friendly games , something

Skoicic is cooler than a cucumber he ain’t going to fight for anything, the only state he cares about is that when those 3 games happen in the WC in Qatar that he is the coach win, lose, embarrassment, he doesn’t care that is all he wants be the coach have that on his resume…

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                who else could there possibly be, lets be real here
                Myself (and others) have wanted him out since november last year, when it became obvious he knew 0 about coaching.

There were a lot of options back then.
                But now that time is running out, CQ or a coach that the players at least respect seems the most resonable choices.
                Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                  Areh baba joon, it was not Skocic that got us out, it was Covid. Yes, that's right. So obvious. Thank you.
                  Lol as i thought, it stung quite a bit.
                  Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                    Good one. The break allowed our key players to get in form( Sardar, Taremi among others).
                    Iraq was also a shadow of the team that beat us in 2019.
                    Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                      Lol Yea pretty much says it all about these people.

I'm not a skocic fan but I support him because we have no other choice and he is the best option we have. Pretty stupid of people asking him to leave team melli at this time when he has been coaching team melli for over past 2-3 years.

Put some sense back into your heads please. Skocic will be our coach in WC , IFF won't change him so instead of throwing rocks, support the man who represents your country (Unless you're not a TM fan anymore) .
                      "Lol Yea pretty much says it all about these people."

"These people" don't want a nobody coaching their national team, which is preparing to participate in it's 3rd consecutive WC.
                      This time we want to qualify for the 2nd round, right? Why destroy it all by bringing a nobody as a coach?
                      This team with a big coach can do wonders.

On the contrary, defending Skocic pretty much says it all about those other people.

"Pretty stupid of people asking him to leave team melli at this time when he has been coaching team melli for over past 2-3 years."

LOL. 2-3 years of 0 gamplan and tactics is not enough? Chi begam...
                      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

I have no dog in this Skocic in or out fight but as far as gameplan goes, TM under Skocic have outperformed their oppoonents in almost every 2nd half. As far as tactics go, there aren't any obvious formations like a 10-0-0, but he does prefer speedy defensive backs to push forward (of course risking spacing in the defensive half) and in the few games Azmoun and Taremi played together, they switch being 9 and 10 on the pitch. Good way to keep the defense guessing (good for offside trapping teams)

Nothing fancy, and my football IQ is a grain of sand compared to some on this forum, but I can see why the man has his backers.

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                        "Lol Yea pretty much says it all about these people."
                        "These people" don't want a nobody coaching their national team, which is preparing to participate in it's 3rd consecutive WC.
                        This time we want to qualify for the 2nd round, right? Why destroy it all by bringing a nobody as a coach?
                        This team with a big coach can do wonders.
                        On the contrary, defending Skocic pretty much says it all about those other people.
                        "Pretty stupid of people asking him to leave team melli at this time when he has been coaching team melli for over past 2-3 years."
                        LOL. 2-3 years of 0 gamplan and tactics is not enough? Chi begam...

Comment

Originally posted by arash123 View Post
                          I have no dog in this Skocic in or out fight but as far as gameplan goes, TM under Skocic have outperformed their oppoonents in almost every 2nd half. As far as tactics go, there aren't any obvious formations like a 10-0-0, but he does prefer speedy defensive backs to push forward (of course risking spacing in the defensive half) and in the few games Azmoun and Taremi played together, they switch being 9 and 10 on the pitch. Good way to keep the defense guessing (good for offside trapping teams)

Nothing fancy, and my football IQ is a grain of sand compared to some on this forum, but I can see why the man has his backers.
                          Please relax bro when you say out performed we had a weak group , Syria sucked ( played no homes games ), Lebanon sucked , Iraq was awful (played no home games ) , uae showed how they weren’t strong either Australia easily beat them , only S.Korea was strong and they out performed us in both games ,,.

. so NO SKOICIC HAS NOT PROVEN anything yet , we need to play against one very strong country in the top 15 teams in the world at least , top 10 preferably to really see how good he is ,,, the same South Korea that handle beat us 2-0 , was massively humiliated by an experimental Brazil 5-1 ???????

For all it is worth , the best team in Asia , which I think is Japan , was also beat by Brazil 1 -0 , but I’d you watch the game I could have been , like 6-0 for Brazil , Japan also beat us 3-0 …

The lesson small teams get from playing big teams is wayyyy more than us playing a stupid Algerian C TEAM AND. Winning 4-0 ..

So what we neee to be tested and pushed

Comment

Originally posted by arash123 View Post

One of Skocic main( possibly only) tactics is to not start his best players. Then sub them in 2nd half, and all of a sudden things look better.
                            It's a good way of tricking the viewers, into thinking you're a good coach.
                            It worked(barely) against the weak arab teams in our group, but it was a stupid risk of his part.

Against S.Korea( in Tehran) he fielded our best 11 and we looked awful. If not for Beyranvand last minute heroics, we would have lost that one.
                            Against S.Korea( away) he started the game with 4 left backs thinking he could get away with it. We all saw the result.
                            Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

We have to remember that skocic never had the benefit or luxury to really shape the team to his liking, in terms of tactics or gameplay, to give fans a clearcut idea of the team’s identity.

He was thrown in survival mode to clean up Wilmot’s mess, and do whatever it takes to qualify—which he did, in an unbeaten fashion (we were already qualified by the 2nd South Korea game).

Until he is given a string of friendlies plus time, it’s unfair to judge his tactics, and even more cruel to write him off as a bad coach. The answer is…we don’t know. And he deserves that opportunity based on his successful track record so far.

Comment

Every member here should honestly answer the following for themselves: Do you want us to play a nice modern soccer, or do you want to get good results? Sorry, can't have both with our current state of our football.

For those who want the first, then Skocic is as good an option as any other coach the IRI can possibly hire. But be ready for some losses with big margins, trusting that good soccer with good results will follow.

Comment

Working...
                                X