Dragan Skočić In or Dragan Skočić Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arash123 View Post
    as far as gameplan goes, TM under Skocic have outperformed their oppoonents in almost every 2nd half.
    I do agree with you, this TM has generally outperformed the worse-than-their-usual arab teams in our WCQ group in most second halves.

Originally posted by arash123 View Post
    As far as tactics go, there aren't any obvious formations like a 10-0-0
    Why is 10-0-0 an obvious formation? When have we ever played anything like that in Asian WCQ?

----

My worry is that there is a big gap between relying on a moment of magic from either Taremi or Azmoun against sub-par Asian teams vs playing for any kind of result in the world cup. Like you, I am not an expert - I'm just basing this on my experience with TM from the last few decades.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

----

My worry is that there is a big gap between relying on a moment of magic from either Taremi or Azmoun against sub-par Asian teams vs playing for any kind of result in the world cup. Like you, I am not an expert - I'm just basing this on my experience with TM from the last few decades.
      Isn't this the definition of counter attacking/defensive football? Withstand the pressure and rely on a moment of magic. Iran Argentina, Iran Spain, Iran Nigeria, even Iran Morocco come to mind. A moment of magic that either goes your way like Morrocco match or doesn't like the missed foul on Dejagah in the Argetina match. This to me is a style of football that you cannot rely on to advance out of group stage. You are not creating luck but waiting on your opponent to have bad luck or make an error.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        Isn't this the definition of counter attacking/defensive football? Withstand the pressure and rely on a moment of magic. Iran Argentina, Iran Spain, Iran Nigeria, even Iran Morocco come to mind. A moment of magic that either goes your way like Morrocco match or doesn't like the missed foul on Dejagah in the Argetina match. This to me is a style of football that you cannot rely on to advance out of group stage. You are not creating luck but waiting on your opponent to have bad luck or make an error.

O-zone jaan, I think if the "doesn't go your way" is a missed foul on Dejagah and us narrowly losing to arguably the greatest footballing nation next to Brazil 1-0 in the World Cup thanks to a heroic goal by the greatest player to ever play football in the 90th minute, then I would gladly take that style of football.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
          O-zone jaan, I think if the "doesn't go your way" is a missed foul on Dejagah and us narrowly losing to arguably the greatest footballing nation next to Brazil 1-0 in the World Cup thanks to a heroic goal by the greatest player to ever play football in the 90th minute, then I would gladly take that style of football.
          Ya but to me a loss is a loss. Doesn't matter if you lose 3-0 or 1-0. I'd rather lose 4-1 than 1-0...because at least you scored instead of waiting to weather the storm and rely on hope and a prayer. If you don't attack can you really win a match? Our ball possessionnwith CQ was some of the lowest in WC history. You simply cannot win without the ball and you cannot score without it. CQs teams showed they can do just that but it's not his style. Just look at us in the last 20-30 min vs Spain...

This is one of the main reasons he lost my support. His defense first approach did not evolve between the 2 world cups. Against Japan defensively the team just had a brain farm and it was too little too late after that. Football cannot be defense only or defense mostly and a little offense...its gotta be balanced. Don't tell me we don't have the capability or talent to do that. Minnows do it every year in the WC. No reason we should play Nigeria and Morroco the same way we approached Argentina and Spain.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I think CQ did an excellent job with TM overall. He is naturally a defensive/counter-attacking coach. Also, when he first got hired, he didn’t have full confidence in our players’ ability to play an offensive game. Hence, our especially defensive approach in WC 2014. He helped evolve our squad more offensively, so in WC 2018 we more offensive.

However, in the AC 2019 semifinal against Japan I think we all saw the limitation of his approach. His tactic was heavily reliant on sending long balls to Azmoun, and capitalizing on the opponent’s mistake.

I think we definitely now have the players to a play a more balanced offensive & defensive game. The question is: will we have a enough friendlies to help cultivate that style of play before November?

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
              Against S.Korea( in Tehran) he fielded our best 11 and we looked awful. If not for Beyranvand last minute heroics, we would have lost that one.
              Against S.Korea( away) he started the game with 4 left backs thinking he could get away with it. We all saw the result.
              You know you're one sided and biased when you don't talk about the chances that we had against South korea in tehran and only talk about the "heroic" saves by beiro which by the way he had way more heroic saves when CQ was in charge! And matter fact go watch 2014 iran vs south korea game and count number of Heroic saves by beiro against SK!

I love how people saying this player did this , that player did that and without this player and that player we're nothing but when it comes to top teams like brazil , Portugal , france , germany etcc... its the coach that does it, not top players like Ronaldo, mbappe, neymar or messi

EVERY team has stars, and they do their magic and their team wins because of them, does that mean that the team doesn't have any tactics? For example wales without their goalie would've lost by 2-3 goals against ukraine! Does that mean wales doesn't have any tactics or their coach is poor? lol

Go watch team melli games and look at the triangles formed between (left and right) , Ali gholi , ARJ, amiri , Azmoun , taremi , amiri and ahmad. Also look at how team changes when ever Skocic brings new players in .

One of Skocic main( possibly only) tactics is to not start his best players. Then sub them in 2nd half, and all of a sudden things look better. It's a good way of tricking the viewers, into thinking you're a good coach.
              lol what??khkhkhkh what???? So subing out taremi , azmoun , jahanbakhsh for gholizadeh , ghayedi and ansarifard is considered a trick lool

Let me tell you why you hate Skocic, you're esteghlali fan and thats the only reason. end off

ps: CQ was a the best coach we ever had so far and Im a CQ fan. But its football and stars have always saved teams.

Comment

People need to watch CQ's game plan against Algeria in 2018 and then some of us will wake up a bit.

Possession ratio of 70:30 in favour of Iran against an attack which included Mahrez and then Slimani. Yeah, classic 10-0-0 "CQ-ball" as members like O-Zone might suggest, or maybe he adapted his tactics for each game, no?

Watch how confidently we controlled the game and tempo. How our players were positioned relative to each other. With a team who had a transfer value a lot lower than the opponent.

Wake the F up people, please. Get realistic. Just wake the f up

Comment

People need to watch CQ's game plan against Algeria in 2018 and then some of us will wake up a bit.
                  Possession ratio of 70:30 in favour of Iran against an attack which included Mahrez and then Slimani. Yeah, classic 10-0-0 "CQ-ball" as members like O-Zone might suggest, or maybe he adapted his tactics for each game, no?
                  Watch how confidently we controlled the game and tempo. How our players were positioned relative to each other. With a team who had a transfer value a lot lower than the opponent.
                  Baba, game plan and fluid football is overrated.

Watching the likes of Omid Nooarfkan and Ahmad Nourallahi play is where real joy happens.
                  "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

You're right bro.. I'll call IFF and give them the recommendation to sack Skocic.

Comment

SKOCIC OUT!

Comment

There is no reason why he shouldn’t be fired right now

Comment

His record against competent, World Cup worthy teams since taking over is now at 1 draw and 2 loses…..things looking worse and worse by the day!!!
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

That was a sweet victory for Algeria's B/C team, they honestly deserved more goals and deserve to be at the World Cup.

Comment

Skocic's team can barely string 3 passes together. It's pathetic.
                              The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                                Watching the likes of Omid Nooarfkan and Ahmad Nourallahi play is where real joy happens.
                                I'm dead, this is gold! 😂😂😂

Comment

Working...
                                X