Dragan Skočić In or Dragan Skočić Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
    I am not as informed about football as most of the members here, so the below may just be worthless..
    Remember, I did not say Sterling is not a great player..he is. My point was that we will not be playing 11 players named Sterling. There are a bunch of good England players who are hyped to the max.
    Even Sterling has his faults... He is just not clinical. He needs a bunch of chances to score one. Taremi has the same habit, one that I hope he gets rid of by the WC.
    I can think of many footballers who are consistenly the best player on the pitch in the big games...and I would not put one current English player in that list. All the big names in football such as Messi, Ronaldo, Cavani, Suarez, Modric, Ibrahimovic, Neymar, Lewandowski are on a different level than any of the England players. Not one England player is in this league. Even Kane & Sterling are not in the class of players like Saleh, Mane & Aguerro.
    Everyone of those websites that you quoted, save Marca, are English websites. The English are hugely biased and very quick to blow their own horns. It's like quoting Iranian websites regarding Taremi & Sardar...
    Euro 2020 was a flukey tournament in which England got an easy ride all the way to the finals.
    Now, if we underestimate England, we will be killed in 10 mintues. But England 2022 is an easier opponent that Spain 2018 or Argentina 2014. In my admittedly uninformed opinion.
    Are you seriously comparing Sterling to Taremi?? Sterling is in a league of his own compared to Taremi. Some of the English player's arent over-hyped at all, they are actually really good. Their overall team is a lot better than ours. Kane and Sterling combined are like 5 of our national team players combined.

Comment

Originally posted by the matrix1 View Post
      Are you seriously comparing Sterling to Taremi?? Sterling is in a league of his own compared to Taremi. Some of the English player's arent over-hyped at all, they are actually really good. Their overall team is a lot better than ours. Kane and Sterling combined are like 5 of our national team players combined.
      No I did not...please read my post again. I compared Sterling to Messi etc.

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
        I am not as informed about football as most of the members here, so the below may just be worthless..

Remember, I did not say Sterling is not a great player..he is. My point was that we will not be playing 11 players named Sterling. There are a bunch of good England players who are hyped to the max.

Even Sterling has his faults... He is just not clinical. He needs a bunch of chances to score one. Taremi has the same habit, one that I hope he gets rid of by the WC.

I can think of many footballers who are consistenly the best player on the pitch in the big games...and I would not put one current English player in that list. All the big names in football such as Messi, Ronaldo, Cavani, Suarez, Modric, Ibrahimovic, Neymar, Lewandowski are on a different level than any of the England players. Not one England player is in this league. Even Kane & Sterling are not in the class of players like Saleh, Mane & Aguerro.

Everyone of those websites that you quoted, save Marca, are English websites. The English are hugely biased and very quick to blow their own horns. It's like quoting Iranian websites regarding Taremi & Sardar...

Euro 2020 was a flukey tournament in which England got an easy ride all the way to the finals.

Now, if we underestimate England, we will be killed in 10 mintues. But England 2022 is an easier opponent that Spain 2018 or Argentina 2014. In my admittedly uninformed opinion.
        I agree with a number of your points:

1) Yes a lot of England players are hyped to the max, especially the likes of Grealish who only stands out because England has so few of that kind of player compared to other top nations
        2) Yes, English are hugely biased and very quick to blow their own horns
        (something that makes this WC hurt even more as it would have been so good to put them back in their place)
        3) England did get an easy ride all the way to the finals, again this would help a team like us - pride comes before a fall...
        4) England 2022 is definitely an easier opponent than Spain 2018 or Argentina 2014
        5) England is not a team of Sterlings
        6) Sterling definitely was a poor clinical finisher before (but he has definitely improved a lot over the years.)

I strongly disagree with you about your fourth paragraph:

For club football he is good but nothing special compared to Messi, Ronaldo, Lewa
        At international level, for me personally he has been consistently better in BIG matches than a lot of these names you mention: Messi, Ronaldo, Cavani, Suarez, Modric, Ibrahimovic, Neymar, Lewandowski
        I disagree with you strongly here, he is more often than not the standout player on the pitch in England's international games, regardless of the quality they are playing against.

"Even Kane & Sterling are not in the class of players like Saleh, Mane & Aguerro".

Sterling for Man City is worse than those three.
        For England he is better than those three.

I hope this isn't too controversial but this is just my observations based on all the games I've seen. This is why the likelihood at present is that he will tear Iran's left back a new one, UNLESS we get prime Milad again who is the only person on prime form who can handle him.

Comment

Did anyone catch PFDC being sourced by Britain's most read tabloid, looool?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...d-cup-man-utd/

Comment

Comment

Gooresho gom kard ya na?

Comment

Skocic won't be at the technical meeting tomorrow. His flight isn't scheduled to arrive until later.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  Skocic won't be at the technical meeting tomorrow. His flight isn't scheduled to arrive until later.
                  Poor chap, that's not going to be an easy flight. I hope he fills up on the peanuts

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                    Gooresho gom kard ya na?
                    BEH MALAKOOOOTEH ALA PEYVAST.
                    THEY OFFERED him 72 virgins, milk and honey, and his own
                    exclusive team melli bus with kanani as his exclusive driver when he o to heaven...and he said where do i sign.
                    yes tabrik he is gone.
                    he is gone to team melli coaches heaven

Comment

Bye bye Skocic

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                        Bye bye Skocic
                        ALLAH O AKBAR
                        team MELLI AZAD SHOOOOOOOOOOOD.
                        SKOCIC BYE BYE
                        SKOCIC BYE BYE

Comment