Dragan Skočić In or Dragan Skočić Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
    I bet you that Iran is the only country in history that qualified, on top of its group, yet has fans calling to fire it's coach, so that we can get better results!!!

Talking about irrational exuberance (with apologies to Mr. Greenspan)....
    Moroccans too

Comment

I bet you that Iran is the only country in history that qualified, on top of its group, yet has fans calling to fire it's coach, so that we can get better results!!!
      Egypt sacked Badry last September despite topping their group
      Serbia sacked their coach Muslin before 2018 WC after topping their world cup group

It does happen, so please don't bet on Iran being the only country!

I think it just depends on how people anticipate their team performing in the world cup based on what can be observed on and off the pitch. No one wants their team blitzing qualifying but being destroyed 8-0 Saudi style on the world stage...

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
        Serbia sacked their coach Muslin before 2018 WC after topping their world cup group

Good examples do you mind also sharing the great results they got after that?

Egypt - bye bye shod.
        Serbia became third losing to swiss

Another reason why this would be a wrong idea.

Comment

I just think that it is pretty clear that Dragan has reached his level. If you want a coach that can beat Tier 2 Asian teams every game, he is your guy. But can you really say with confidence that you want this man in charge of TM when we are playing a team like Germany, Belgium, Argentina, etc? Our national team will be embarrassed on the world stage.

He has zero tactics beyond bezan ziresh (which Carlos worked years to remove from our players tendencies). Seems totally unaware which subs to make, or what to do when a team employs a high-press against us. Overall he just chooses 11 players, and hopes for the best. That may work against Lebanon, it will not work against Germany.
          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
            I just think that it is pretty clear that Dragan has reached his level. If you want a coach that can beat Tier 2 Asian teams every game, he is your guy. But can you really say with confidence that you want this man in charge of TM when we are playing a team like Germany, Belgium, Argentina, etc? Our national team will be embarrassed on the world stage.

He has zero tactics beyond bezan ziresh (which Carlos worked years to remove from our players tendencies). Seems totally unaware which subs to make, or what to do when a team employs a high-press against us. Overall he just chooses 11 players, and hopes for the best. That may work against Lebanon, it will not work against Germany.
            You have no idea what Dragan will do in WC cause he's given you an Asian resume this far.

We keep saying CQ...but we already know what CQ can do...and it's not enough. Not only that I will gladly take my chances on Skocic the unknown versus CQ who has employed same tactics since United days. Everyone has figured out how ultra defensive approach. It's a failure. A step back to go in with this same approach when we have 2 of the best attackers in Asia.

I bet you ask Egyptians they would take Badry over CQ!

Let's get over CQ. I'm all for finding a better coach at some point likelybafter WC if Dragan doesn't get is past group stages. But no one thought Dragan would do what he did in WCQ...don't derail what's working right now. Support TM!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

So whatttt we topped the group , there was only one team in the group that was an actual threat to us ,, and the brilliant skocic lost 1 game and tied 1 against them , so in a duel of coach’s he was master classed by bento the S.Korean coach ……
              The way you are looking at it is totally wrong sure in we were in Europe or South America and we topped the group , that prove a lot , Lebanon Iraq Syria are all in shambles, UAE is better off but have zero talent …
              Him topping this group proved nothing it like saying branko finished 1st with Persepolis so what he had the best players in the whole league anyway …for 3 years in a row ….
              For anyone thinking that this coach had anything to do with these results please go back and look at how all these players playing right now came to be …… who developed, who polished them who guided them ,
              Skocic is just someone who was at the right place and time …. That is all , and besides his base salary is only 50k so idk anyone one else who would have asked for that little sum of money cause he knows now , he can get a job with some Arab team for wayyyy more if he is let go by Iran …..
              Btw….Iraq and Syria had zero home games that how bad their situation was ….

Comment

Originally posted by a_m View Post
                So whatttt we topped the group , there was only one team in the group that was an actual threat to us ,, and the brilliant skocic lost 1 game and tied 1 against them , so in a duel of coach’s he was master classed by bento the S.Korean coach ……

The way you are looking at it is totally wrong sure in we were in Europe or South America and we topped the group , that prove a lot , Lebanon Iraq Syria are all in shambles, UAE is better off but have zero talent …

Him topping this group proved nothing it like saying branko finished 1st with Persepolis so what he had the best players in the whole league anyway …for 3 years in a row ….

For anyone thinking that this coach had anything to do with these results please go back and look at how all these players playing right now came to be …… who developed, who polished them who guided them ,

Skocic is just someone who was at the right place and time …. That is all , and besides his base salary is only 50k so idk anyone one else who would have asked for that little sum of money cause he knows now , he can get a job with some Arab gulf team for wayyyy more if he is let go by Iran …..
                Arab Gulf? You sure you are a TM fan? Skocic right time...was that after wilmots where even ipl coaches wouldn't taken the job?

Comment

The facts are clear as day , you can say what you want , but mark my words no way his coach will do anything for us …..

His biggest meal ticket was becoming the Team Melli coach … that is it..

Comment

The facts are clear as day , you can say what you want , but mark my words no way his coach will do anything for us …..

His biggest meal ticket was becoming the Team Melli coach … that is it..
                    Opinions are not facts. Facts are Skocic record thus far. 14-1-1. Facts are also available for CQ...

And right now Skocic has a meal ticket...one that has been satisfactory. He really Hasn't had any camps or time to work on his team. Now is his chance. We already know what CQ is capable off...not interested in same old. Saw it in Columbia and Egypt too...nothing will change with CQ. He even admitted he is a longer term coach...not a short term fixer.

Comment

he can get a job with some A*** gulf team for wayyyy more if he is let go by Iran …..

DON'T use that term Please.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                        DON'T use that term Please.

MY APOLOGIES PERSIAN GULF FORVER …it was the autocorrect

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

I think it just depends on how people anticipate their team performing in the world cup based on what can be observed on and off the pitch. No one wants their team blitzing qualifying but being destroyed 8-0 Saudi style on the world stage...
                          How did Egypt top their group but did not qualify?!! What you mean is that they topped their preliminary group. Different than topping the final qualifying round.

Yes, Serbia parted with Muslin, but it was not a results issue. It had more to do with his disagreement with his federation.

But the point remains. Skocic qualifying record is second to none. Trust the results, because that's what counts in every competition. Playing style, handsomeness, and expected goals count for nothing, nada.

It is madness to fire him and hope for something better to work out in the remaining eight months. That's magical thinking. Good coaches take time to mold a team.
                          Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

I want everyone to take a minute and reflect, instead Of us arguing about pot 3 or 4 , look at the facts the only team that was actually formidable in this group that you could say that coaching would be on display was the 2 games against S.Korea
                            , all the other opponents, Lebanon, Syria , Iraq and UAE please , we could have beat those Teams without a coach, …
                            For everyone who keeps bringing up that skocic saved us from what wilmonts created that isn’t true the facts is wilmonts was never paid so he never coached and we went into 2 games ( Iraq and Bahrain )without a single practice session, but that is another story…................................
                            GOLD!!!
                            so true. so true.
                            "without a coach" yes Sir. true indeed.
                            we have never lost to any of these teams. Not syria, not lebanon, not iraq, not....

........ oh wait. hang on a minute.
                            we have indeed lost to Iraq, lost to Syria, lost to Lebanon, .... and a whole lot of other teams ... AND THAT TOO WITH COACHES LIKE the world famous CQ and Wilmots and Branko, and daei and Blazevic and .... .

as the saying gos: Mo'amma cho hal gardad, asaan shavad (Once the riddle is solved, it will look very easy)

I encourage ppl to THINK before they write in rage and fury, resulting in embarrassment.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                              GOLD!!!
                              so true. so true.
                              "without a coach" yes Sir. true indeed.
                              we have never lost to any of these teams. Not syria, not lebanon, not iraq, not....
                              ........ oh wait. hang on a minute.
                              we have indeed lost to Iraq, lost to Syria, lost to Lebanon, .... and a whole lot of other teams ... AND THAT TOO WITH COACHES LIKE the world famous CQ and Wilmots and Branko, and daei and Blazevic and .... .
                              as the saying gos: Mo'amma cho hal gardad, asaan shavad (Once the riddle is solved, it will look very easy)
                              I encourage ppl to THINK before they write in rage and fury, resulting in embarrassment.
                              I think the biggest misconception here is some ppl think we are some kinda super power in the world of football having 1 player play in Porto , doesn’t makes us a super powers ,,,,
                              , the only thing we have is potential and a lot of talent , we have no process of developing any of that talent properly ,
                              I am happy we finished 1st in the group for all that matters, but the level of play we have to attain to be a team that could push to go to the 2nd round of the World Cup is something we are a bit far from at the moment,
                              ….for you to refuse to understand that Iraq Syria Lebanon are countries that are in massive crisis mode and basically been stripped of their right to even host games ,,, and are really no competition to be honest for us

I encourage you to broaden your scope of football and actual watch real football like the champions league or high level competition games ,,, instead of the IPl … , so you can see we are still far from what the elites in the world play ….. go watch the final of the copa america between Brazil and Argentina from last year ,,, could this Team Nellie even keep up with that level of play and pace …

Comment

I think the biggest misconception here is some ppl think we are some kinda super power in the world of football having 1 player play in Porto , doesn’t makes us a super powers ,,,,
                                , the only thing we have is potential and a lot of talent , we have no process of developing any of that talent properly ,
                                I am happy we finished 1st in the group for all that matters, but the level of play we have to attain to be a team that could push to go to the 2nd round of the World Cup is something we are a bit far from at the moment,
                                ….for you to refuse to understand that Iraq Syria Lebanon are countries that are in massive crisis mode and basically been stripped of their right to even host games ,,, and are really no competition to be honest for us ,

I encourage you to broaden your scope of football an actual watch real football like the champions league or high level competition games ,,, instead of the IPl … , so you can see we are still far from what the elites in the world play …..
                                perhaps the target of your post should be YOU, yourself.
                                you seem to dismiss these teams without actually acknowledging the history.
                                Iraq won the asia cup .... WHILE IN WAR & constant turmoil. We have lost game after game to all these minnows, with seriously good coaches too.
                                Now if you dont like to consider that, its your choice. but it doesnt change the facts or history.

Comment

Working...
                                X