No announcement yet.

Dragan Skočić In or Dragan Skočić Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes Hashemian a good choice for coach? His coaching experience is 1-2 years in German 5th division and 1-2 years with Hamburg youth teams. Then he was assistant to two of the worst coaches in TM history.

Comment

Boy, you guys are drawing a lot of conclusions from a 7 minute promo video!!!
      Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
        What makes Hashemian a good choice for coach? His coaching experience is 1-2 years in German 5th division and 1-2 years with Hamburg youth teams. Then he was assistant to two of the worst coaches in TM history.
        And then character wise he is just a back bencher ..doesn't like to face anyone. Never says a word and his impact is invisible! ..he is probably good to collect data and do analysis work.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
          Whatever he is, I can assure you he is a way better coach than Shkoshish shekam gondeh moftkhor and our players will respond better to him because of his legend status in Iran and playing over a decade in Germany.. It was so painful watching those drills and skocic trying to teach his game or whatever he was trying to do. It reminded me when I was in high school 20 years ago! wow.... We gonna go to world cup and receive 10-12 goals and come back home guys... Skocic is going to be happy and his dreams would be fulfilled coaching in the WC. This situation as a whole seems fuckin hopeless... We wont do anything if we keep him as a coach. He simply has NOTHING to offer and technically very limited as a coach and even as a player his resume is terrible. He sucks all around! He did his job and got us through the hurdle and that is it. Now give the job to someone more suitable. If we can't afford likes of Carlos Q. than lets give the seat to an Iranian coach.
          sigpicVIVA K8RIMI

Comment

^ Agree, rather give the experience to an Iranian coach.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
              The TM training is too laxxed and no form of urgency. I've seen some other national teams train, primarily France since I'm a big fan of their team, and they play with such urgency and aggression in their trainings. It's as if Skokic just knows basic level training tactics and nothing much more.
              There's a reason team melli looked shaky whenever pressed. They don't know how to play under pressure from opponents.

Comment

If they decide to hire an Iranian manager, I rather it be Nekounam instead of Hashemian. Neko knows and has played with some of the TM players and has done a great job with Foolad so far.

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                  Wilmots was also a disaster. I don't think anyone will argue with that lol.
                  That being said, Skocic is still a goozoo nobody.
                  So skocic is a far lesser disaster then

Comment

Vahid's tactical wisdom from this video alone prob surpasses Skocic. I mean he studied at a clinic under Pep and has an A license.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post

Vahid's tactical wisdom from this video alone prob surpasses Skocic. I mean he studied at a clinic under Pep and has an A license.
                      Not that licenses give wisdom, but I believe the highest coaching license is a pro license which is one level higher than an A license. Skocic has a Pro license.

To get an A license, you have to attend the practice sessions of a pro coach and Hashemian attended Pep Guardiola's practices at Bayern Munich (being a former Bayern Munich probably helped) and I believe also Marcelo Bielsa's practices. Not sure whose practices Skocic attended.

I feel that if there is one thing that we can say about Skocic is that he does not have a big ego. Skocic works well with his assistants and if his assistants have some sound wisdom or strategy that can help TM, Skocic will probably use it.

Comment

I would absolutely love nothing more than for Vahid Hashemian to take over our national team. I've been an advocate for him to be given a chance when shit hit the fan when Wilmots left us in the mud. He may not have many years of experience managing 1st league teams. But the experience and knowledge he does have can be enough for us. I'm for Hashemian taking over if Skocic leaves. I actually think anyone other than Hashemian would be a mistake.

However, I'm not sure getting rid of Skocic is the best thing to do right now. I know some players are against his coaching methods, I'm just not sure we should get rid of him. He's already established a system within Team Melli since 2020. To give him credit (not counting the away WCQ match vs. South Korea), he's been the manager of the second half. His tactical tweaking has resulted in victories for us. Yes, AJ Taremi Ghoddos Moharrami and others were also present in these matches. Besides the loss against SK, he's proven he deserves to stay.

That being said, Hashemian has been next to him since day 1. Just as Hashemian was next to Juan Perron since the clown's arrival. Vahid is very smart, knowledgeable, experienced, and aware of what is wrong with Iranian football. When he speaks it's as though he really is seeing the underlying problems from outside the box. He's honest and to the point. I remember this interview with a host whose name was Behrooz Afkar-something. In the interview he went in depth as to what is wrong with our football, what we can do to fix our football. It was a fantastic analysis coming from a person who's played professionally in Germany and saw our football from the lens of an athlete/coach who has experience in Germany.

I'm not sure how Hashemian will do. But do I trust him? Yes. Do I think he's the best candidate to take over if Skocic dips? Yes. Do we have any other Iranian option other than Vahid? No. Does his resume qualify for taking over a national team? Maybe not, but for us it does. It's worth a shot and I for one am willing to take the risk. He would have the best squad at his disposal. Having worked with Skocic he may know what to do if we face a situation like vs. SK where AJ/Taremi/Ghoddos/moharrami aren't available. His intelligence as a manager to know who to switch in/out maybe better than how it went with Skocic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post

Wow, simply wow. I just love how humble and intelligent he is.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
                            Skocic deserves to be fired for this alone. Such a dumb individual who clearly is just trying to save his own ass from getting fired by avoiding a friendly against a good opponent
                            How dare he refuse Italy. Oh wait...

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                              How dare he refuse Italy. Oh wait...
                              tooleh khers jan
                              if we lose to england by 3+goal margin
                              WOULD YOU STILL DEFEND SKOCIC?

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                                tooleh khers jan
                                if we lose to england by 3+goal margin
                                WOULD YOU STILL DEFEND SKOCIC?
                                If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry Christmas...

What if we lost to England 3-0 but beat USA and the playoff team 2-0 and advanced to next round. Kateb would you admit you were wrong about Skocic...lol these questions are hilarious!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Working...
                                X