Dragan Skočić In or Dragan Skočić Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    Bichareh Dragan - I feel bad for the guy because he is genuinely a decent iran pro league coach and I am always grateful for him qualifying us to WC after Wiltits shenanigans. He also seems like a nice guy.

But the poor guy is a victim of his own luck, and the absolute football illiteracy in and around the TM setup and a tiny fraction of fans.

Now he is getting a lot of flak but really the main criticism should be at other people...
    Dude what you smokin on??! Hook it up! Bichareh maa hastim keh bayasti shahedeh soghooteh team mellimoono bashim... This guy needs to be sacked ASAP. Or we will LOSE EVERY SINGLE GAME IN OUR GROUP!! The team is clueless and it seems like everybody does whatever they feel like on the field, simply due to improper training and methods. Skocic is ILLETERATE when it comes to international football. The guy has the shittiest resume and so many fails and for some reason he becomes our head coach WTF!?!?!?!
    sigpicVIVA K8RIMI

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
      we certainly need an upgrade in coaching prior to WC.... But i still fear, his replacement is more likely to be even a weaker unqualified candidate or some useless goozoo irani coach who'd start the PP/SS partibazi again..!

who even knows who's in charge in this fking Federation anymore and based their recent massive repeated failings in much smaller tasks of preparations , and being broke as a joke , do you guys honestly think they can find a suitable alternative and that so in a timely fashion..?? ... i'd say it's near impossibility..!!?
      Honestly the only qualified Iranian coaches would be Nekounam, Majidi, Golmohammadi, Daei... You are right about the partibazi! somethings never end in our culture. I would rather have you coach TM Bachelot, then this goozoo shekam gondeh az khod raazi! lol....
      sigpicVIVA K8RIMI

Comment

I want to say fire the guy today but the question is who is going to replace him..

Can afashin ghotbi do the job? ..I know he is not that great but he has the strong personality.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
            I want to say fire the guy today but the question is who is going to replace him...
            At this point, a shaved monkey as TM coach will probably have similar odds of getting points in our group.

Comment

CQ approached every opponent like it was Brazil.
              SKO approaches every opponent like they are Lebanon.
              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                CQ approached every opponent like it was Brazil.
                SKO approaches every opponent like they are Lebanon.
                If he approaches them at all! *cough* Uruguay

Comment

you're on the money again. we need to save face for the WC, not get embarrassed and try our luck. build long term for the asian cup and try to do as best as we can now for the WC. but with skocic we already know its gg. 0-1 point at the wc. nothing to lose at this point

Originally posted by The View Post
                  Here's the issue I see. After two years you still can't distinguish Skocic's first match in charge from his most recent.
                  No progress has been made in terms of addressing weaknesses. And that's concerning.

Basically if after two years, he hasn't been able to get the team to play with some level of cohesion offensively or defensively, I don't think a couple of extra friendlies or even 4 extra years in charge is going to change anything.

We are certain to fail at world cup with him charge. So why not just move on, bring in someone new (Javad or a mid-tier foreign coach with int experience) and focus on the Asian cup.
                  Worst case scenario, we get soaked at the WC, which is going to happen regardless, best case scenario, Javad is able to unlock something in this team that gets us to pull off a miracle.

Comment

Where is Skocic? Where is his post match interview? What is his plan? Does he have a plan?

I don’t want to hear the BS about him having secret plans we are not aware of. Put up your plan for improving and learn from this mess, or you’re destined to repeat it again in September and November. This guy will be on the first flight back to Croatia, and we won’t hear of him until our possible next camp/friendly (which god only knows the details of).

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                      Ya but to me a loss is a loss. Doesn't matter if you lose 3-0 or 1-0. I'd rather lose 4-1 than 1-0...because at least you scored instead of waiting to weather the storm and rely on hope and a prayer. If you don't attack can you really win a match? Our ball possessionnwith CQ was some of the lowest in WC history. You simply cannot win without the ball and you cannot score without it. CQs teams showed they can do just that but it's not his style. Just look at us in the last 20-30 min vs Spain...
                      This is one of the main reasons he lost my support. His defense first approach did not evolve between the 2 world cups. Against Japan defensively the team just had a brain farm and it was too little too late after that. Football cannot be defense only or defense mostly and a little offense...its gotta be balanced. Don't tell me we don't have the capability or talent to do that. Minnows do it every year in the WC. No reason we should play Nigeria and Morroco the same way we approached Argentina and Spain.
                      Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                      O-Zone, of the many people here, you are one of the few whose commentary I respect. I may not agree with you, but at least you back-up your statements with observation and logic, unlike others here. (For example many exclaim: "That was Algeria's C team!" When in fact, about 2/3 of them play in one of the big five European top flight leagues)
                      That being said, I completely disagree.
                      1) It absolutely matters if you lose 0-1 versus 1-4 in the WC. Goal differential is huge for advancing out of the group.
                      2) Chelsea won the CL playing CQs style of ball. No.. I am not comparing CQ to Mou, although I truly believe CQ is a great coach.
                      3) Teams from countries with poor infrastructure for player development, and/or from nations that can't get decent WC preparation friendlies are more likely to get results on the WC stage by playing disciplined defense, and countering. I have said this so many times over the years: TM can't go toe-to-toe playing Brazil, Argentina, Netherlands, or the like, at their style of game. We'd get destroyed. They have more skill, better conditioned athletes, and better tactical acumen. CQ opened up the game each time we went behind in a critical match, WC or otherwise, because that's what a "lesser" counter-attacking team does when there is no choice.
                      4) Correct, there is no reason we should "play Nigeria and Morocco the same way we approached Argentina and Spain". We were under-siege most of the Argentina and Spain matches, and had to sit back. Morocco? We could afford to attack more, and we did. Now Nigeria.. they may not be as tactically sound as Argentina or Spain, but that is an example of a very dangerous team to play openly against, because one defensive lapse leads to a break-away counter that we can't possibly stop. Teams like Cameroon and Nigeria are so superior with regards to athleticism (read: speed) that they can afford to score one or two counters, and sit back.
                      Anyway, I much prefer CQs style for our team, to Skocic's tactics. I think Skocic plays a much more open style, and contrary to what many herein think, we do manage to string together beautiful football, each match. Nevertheless, if we play that way against USA or England, we are going to become unraveled, and lose by 3 or more goals.

edited to add: For those who want to sack Skocic at this point? You're all nuts!!! It's way too late in the cycle, and Skocic simply doesn't deserve it. He did his job, no matter what you think of him! We could still be stuck with Wilmots. Then again, I don't think we even qualify with Wilmots still in charge!

Comment

The poll should be:

1) Dragan Skočić Out
                        2) Dragan Skočić OOOOOUT

Comment

It is best to fire him and bring in someone like yahya or nekounam that the players actually respect. Big issue is the players don’t respect skocic as a former player or a coach.

Comment

Nice to see so many people finally seeing Skocic for what he is: a clueless nobody coach but a pretty decent dallal.
                            He should have been fired last November, but it's still not too late.

This is no joking matter, our WC-campaign is on the line.
                            Hopefully even the stubborn people blindly supporting Skocic, are finally seeing the truth.

People worrying about who should replace him, chill.
                            First things first, he needs to get fired. Then we'll discuss his replacement.
                            Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                              Nice to see so many people finally seeing Skocic for what he is: a clueless nobody coach but a pretty decent dallal.
                              He should have been fired last November, but it's still not too late.

This is no joking matter, our WC-campaign is on the line.
                              Hopefully even the stubborn people blindly supporting Skocic, are finally seeing the truth.

People worrying about who should replace him, chill.
                              First things first, he needs to get fired. Then we'll discuss his replacement.
                              skocic to ss or sepahan is perfect

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                                2013–2014 Malavan
                                2014–2016 Foolad
                                2018 Khooneh be Khooneh
                                2019–2020 Sanat Naft
                                2020– Iran???????????????????

Mr. Skocic, some PFDC members assure me that you are not a dallal. Then tell me how the fuck you got here?
                                Mehdi jan, i'm starting to think they'll never change.
                                The Skocic fanboys just come up with new excuses everyday lol.
                                Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Working...
                                X