tm manager is a different task
      specialy tm iran
      is a vey difficult task
      basicly tm manager have 80 million supervisors
      got to have a certain character and charisma to
      be liked and successful .

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
        O-Zone, of the many people here, you are one of the few whose commentary I respect. I may not agree with you, but at least you back-up your statements with observation and logic, unlike others here. (For example many exclaim: "That was Algeria's C team!" When in fact, about 2/3 of them play in one of the big five European top flight leagues)
        That being said, I completely disagree.
        1) It absolutely matters if you lose 0-1 versus 1-4 in the WC. Goal differential is huge for advancing out of the group.
        2) Chelsea won the CL playing CQs style of ball. No.. I am not comparing CQ to Mou, although I truly believe CQ is a great coach.
        3) Teams from countries with poor infrastructure for player development, and/or from nations that can't get decent WC preparation friendlies are more likely to get results on the WC stage by playing disciplined defense, and countering. I have said this so many times over the years: TM can't go toe-to-toe playing Brazil, Argentina, Netherlands, or the like, at their style of game. We'd get destroyed. They have more skill, better conditioned athletes, and better tactical acumen. CQ opened up the game each time we went behind in a critical match, WC or otherwise, because that's what a "lesser" counter-attacking team does when there is no choice.
        4) Correct, there is no reason we should "play Nigeria and Morocco the same way we approached Argentina and Spain". We were under-siege most of the Argentina and Spain matches, and had to sit back. Morocco? We could afford to attack more, and we did. Now Nigeria.. they may not be as tactically sound as Argentina or Spain, but that is an example of a very dangerous team to play openly against, because one defensive lapse leads to a break-away counter that we can't possibly stop. Teams like Cameroon and Nigeria are so superior with regards to athleticism (read: speed) that they can afford to score one or two counters, and sit back.
        Anyway, I much prefer CQs style for our team, to Skocic's tactics. I think Skocic plays a much more open style, and contrary to what many herein think, we do manage to string together beautiful football, each match. Nevertheless, if we play that way against USA or England, we are going to become unraveled, and lose by 3 or more goals.

edited to add: For those who want to sack Skocic at this point? You're all nuts!!! It's way too late in the cycle, and Skocic simply doesn't deserve it. He did his job, no matter what you think of him! We could still be stuck with Wilmots. Then again, I don't think we even qualify with Wilmots still in charge!
        When we drew a S. African reserve club team people said CQ should be fired...why travel to S. AFRICA for a camp with reserve club players. We owe it to Skocic to give him time. We don't have all the info and who knows maybe he is testing players and making tough lineup decisions. The only thing we can do now is support TM as hating on Skocic ATM is hating on TM. No one will rescue us. Pressure needs to be placed on IFF to give our lads the best chance.

This Algeria match I saw much better off ball movement and passing in the midfield. Our defense was shaky including GK...and our forwards had a rare off night. Recall this is our first match since WCQ...England, Wales are sitting bottom of Nations league groups...have faith folks give it time. We go through this same song and dance every Pre-WC regardless of coach cause the common denominator holding us back is incompetent IFF.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I think we'd have the best chance of doing anything reasonable at the world cup if Skocic, or any one for that matter, just manages to keep the spirit of our boys up.

Create a chemistry that all of the players trust each other and go the extra mile for each other. Forget about tactics, that's for teams that are miles ahead of us and want to the most optimized version of themselves and have a chance to win it all.

Most of our players have enough knowledge about football to be able to perform with basic instructions.

Having said that this doesn't mean that we should convince our players that they are absolute shite, lacking 60 years behind other nations and the only way to not get embarrassed is to have all 11 players within 20 yards from our own goal. Like O-Zone has explained, this will not bring you anything. Even if you get some results, you will not be respected as everybody knows that you weren't there to play football and only was praying to get scored on to wait for a miracle and score yourself somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
            You know you're one sided and biased when you don't talk about the chances that we had against South korea in tehran and only talk about the "heroic" saves by beiro which by the way he had way more heroic saves when CQ was in charge! And matter fact go watch 2014 iran vs south korea game and count number of Heroic saves by beiro against SK!
            I love how people saying this player did this , that player did that and without this player and that player we're nothing but when it comes to top teams like brazil , Portugal , france , germany etcc... its the coach that does it, not top players like Ronaldo, mbappe, neymar or messi
            EVERY team has stars, and they do their magic and their team wins because of them, does that mean that the team doesn't have any tactics? For example wales without their goalie would've lost by 2-3 goals against ukraine! Does that mean wales doesn't have any tactics or their coach is poor? lol
            Go watch team melli games and look at the triangles formed between (left and right) , Ali gholi , ARJ, amiri , Azmoun , taremi , amiri and ahmad. Also look at how team changes when ever Skocic brings new players in .
            lol what??khkhkhkh what???? So subing out taremi , azmoun , jahanbakhsh for gholizadeh , ghayedi and ansarifard is considered a trick lool
            Let me tell you why you hate Skocic, you're esteghlali fan and thats the only reason. end off
            ps: CQ was a the best coach we ever had so far and Im a CQ fan. But its football and stars have always saved teams.
            Wow, where should i even start lol

"You know you're one sided and biased when you don't talk about the chances that we had against South korea in tehran and only talk about the "heroic" saves by beiro which by the way he had way more heroic saves when CQ was in charge! And matter fact go watch 2014 iran vs south korea game and count number of Heroic saves by beiro against SK!"

2014? What are you talking about? Beiranvand wasn't even our goalkeeper vs South Korea in 2014
            I think you mean 2016. I sure remember his heroic goal kicks in our game vs South Korea in Tehran that year!
            Because that's all he had to do that game.

"For example wales without their goalie would've lost by 2-3 goals against ukraine! Does that mean wales doesn't have any tactics or their coach is poor? lol"

Wales have a great team and should be playing much better with a good coach. Rob Page is rookie coach, just like Skocic. If anything, it shows how having a nobody coach hurts the team.
            I'm not complaining thou lol, because they're our opponents.

"Go watch team melli games and look at the triangles formed between (left and right) , Ali gholi , ARJ, amiri , Azmoun , taremi , amiri and ahmad. Also look at how team changes when ever Skocic brings new players in."

If i want to watch triangles i just go watch tutorials or Man city warm-up on youtube lol. That's not what i'm looking for. Our team lacks identity, gameplan or any sort of tactics. He's just placing 11 players on the field and hoping the players will figure something out.
            We look absolutely clueless because of Skocic.

"Let me tell you why you hate Skocic, you're esteghlali fan and thats the only reason. end off"

Lol are you serious? This is the last time i'm replying to your bizarre posts.
            Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Those of you who blame a coach for the failure of the team first make some basic observations of the factors such as players' lack of basic skills (and to me a player who cannot execute these skills 100% he lacks these skills), like ball control, passing the ball to his team mate not the opponent, crossing, etc etc; inability to make right decisions particularly under pressure (which in the game against Algeria we saw two horrible mistakes which led to two goals); inability to tell if their team mate is in offside position so they don't waste opportunities, which we so many of these in that game with taremi and azmon being in offside position when they received the ball. These skills are not taught by a national team head coach unless he trains them almost every week for a year or so. These are taught by the club coaches who see the players every day. So before you start blaming a national team coach start questioning why are our players so lacking in these basic skills? A head coach seeing players who lack basic skills cannot work on a game plan or tactics because they keep fucking losing the ball or make horrible mistakes or just do whatever they want. We are barking up the wrong tree. To blame Skocic for these basic skills that national team should bring with them to TM is biased, unfair and very destabilizing with only a few months left to the finals. Let TM concentrate on what they need to work on and that way we may see some improvement. There are no head coach on this planet that can correct what I pointed out above in just a couple of meetings with TM players.
              هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
              نگاه میکنید.
              sigpic
              I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                skocic is a very hard working person
                he is perfect clubmanager
                which needs to hustle on daily base
                i take him for prsepolis any time
                tm manager is a different task
                specialy tm iran
                is a vey difficult task
                basicly tm manager have 80 million supervisors
                got to have a certain character and charisma to
                be liked and successful .
                A "perfect" club manager who wasn't even good enough for a big club in Iran, but by some "magic" suddenly was appointed TM coach.
                If he gets the job in Persepolis, i will cry out of joy.
                Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Another classic excuse/tactic by the Skocic fanboys is to blame our players.
                  It's never the coach fault in their eyes.

I really don't understand how people can be so stubborn.
                  Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                    Haha what a nightmare that would be
                    i think hereis few coaches who where liked by fans and had success at one point.
                    heshmat mohajerani 1976 ac champ 1976 olympic qf 1978 wc
                    ali parvin 1990 asian game champ that was big deal at the time

mohamadmyli kohan 1996 changing our soccer roadmap
                    with new young players beatings.korea 6-2 beating ksa 3-0
                    AND GETTING 8 PT FROM FIRST 4 WCQ98 MATCHES those
                    points put us in playoffs without mayli we would of never qualified to wc WHICH HENEVER GETS CREDIT FOR THAT.

valdier vierra 2 match ties wih australia 98

chiro even though we didnt go to wc with him
                    but he was very likable among fans and we got some good
                    results with him PROBLEM WAS ONLY 2.5 TEAM from asia went
                    since japan /korea where co-hosting.team melliplayed beautiful
                    football with chiro and that team i put them against any teammelli ....
                    bronko 2002 asian games champ 2004 ac semifinal wc 06
                    bronko had the golden generation in its prime good results
                    but expectations where so high he choked at wc he couldnt
                    manage super stars .

cq 2 times wc plus ac semifinal first in 15 years and he got us 4points and 2 inch away from advance second round if mehdi
                    ball went in against portugal very successfull and likeable guy.
                    i rate them like this
                    successful and likable coaches
                    1.mohajerani
                    2.c.q
                    3.bronko
                    4.mayli
                    5.chiro
                    6.parvin

Comment

The skocis fanboys should be ashamed. How do you look at yourself in the mirror?
                      Yes we are grateful for sko gettin us out of the disaster caused by wiltits but thats about it. We dont owe him a world cup. You have to earn that whiche he did not. Since he arrived our games has not improved much. We dont have a style of play and its just ball to taremi or azmoun and bismillah. This job is to bit for him. Also I do not understand why people say it is to late. Its not like the team is super used to skos football like its peps barca or simeones atletico. any respectable coach can do better with this team which might be one lf the best in history than he does.

Comment

^ I'm not for chaos in the team, but remember Spain changed coach in the middle of the tournament 2018..

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                          ^ I'm not for chaos in the team, but remember Spain changed coach in the middle of the tournament 2018..
                          2 totally different cases.

Spain changed their coach because Lopetegui had signed for Real Madrid just before the start of the WC.
                          They saw that as disrespectful and fired him. His replacement was Hierro, whose only oaching experiece was Oviedo LOL.

To make it simple, you could say Spain fired CQ and hired Skocic.
                          We are trying to do the opposite and save our WC-campaign.
                          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                            2 totally different cases.

Spain changed their coach because Lopetegui had signed for Real Madrid just before the start of the WC.
                            They saw that as disrespectful and fired him. His replacement was Hierro, whose only oaching experiece was Oviedo LOL.

To make it simple, you could say Spain fired CQ and hired Skocic.
                            We are trying to do the opposite and save our WC-campaign
                            So you got CQ lined up to take over? Or you don't have anyone at the moment lined up but just want to see the back of Skocic?
                            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                            نگاه میکنید.
                            sigpic
                            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

You are right to criticize skocic (and his awful players selection) & IFF (unable to set a preparation. Iff will change his head in two or 3 months, so don't expect better). I liked how skocic corrected some mistakes both in line up or TM selection before but his stubbornness with nourollahi/nourafkan/sarlak killed me.

But don't forget except 2 or 3 players, most of TM didn't have a good season this year

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                                You are right to criticize skocic (and his awful players selection) & IFF (unable to set a preparation. Iff will change his head in two or 3 months, so don't expect better). I liked how skocic corrected some mistakes both in line up or TM selection before but his stubbornness with nourollahi/nourafkan/sarlak killed me.
                                But don't forget except 2 or 3 players, most of TM didn't have a good season this year
                                How many good legionnaires we had in 2014 where we stunned the world with the performance we had against Argentina? Shutting out a great Nigeria team?

It's not just player selection, it's tactics etc. he's lost the locker room because players don't believe in his qualities.
                                "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Working...
                                X