Dragan Skočić In or Dragan Skočić Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    I think that was the point the previous poster was making - we fired Ivic just four weeks before the world cup and due to his intense camp, the work had been done to prepare us.

Ie it's not too late to replace Skocic

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    But you all are saying Skocic has undone Quieroz work. What if you get a Talebi or Wilmots again? Ivic was competent. Quieroz was competent. Skocic so far has gotten results...we won't know till after WC if his coaching was effective or not bit we do know this IFF has an atrocious track record.

The unfortunate thing with CQ is his gsme plan has not evolved. In Colombia in Egypt he was easily read by his opposition. I don't know what he could add to our team that he already hasn't done in 8 years.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
      Unpopular opinion:
      Stick with Skocic.
      Would YOU want to work for a country where they fire you after taking them to the World Cup with ease and losing one frickin friendly??
      Results in friendlies mean nothing. It is meant to expose our shortcomings. Now give the staff to fix it.
      A friendly is for experiments which Skocic did. Didn't work out. Kessi namord.
      At least he is doing some offensive tactics.
      History repeats itself on PFDC lol
      I have become a sceptic of Skocic after this friendly.

While I was not happy with the way we played in WCQ, I was still giving Skocic the benefit of the doubt, because he was thrown into hot water and hardly had any time and still pulled great results that got us qualified.

But he has now actually had the team for two weeks before the friendly. Friendly results don't matter, so I don't care that Iran lost. Friendlies are a way to experiment and expose weaknesses. But this is where my critique comes from.

Skocic used Nourafkhan in a position that he is simply not suited for and this after previous weak performances in WCQ and after two weeks of camp with him.

He didn't use Sayyadmanesh who is in great form instead of Gholizadeh who he has used a lot before with mixed results.

After Abedzadeh had become #1 in goal, Skocic could have used Beiranvand in this friendly to help him back on his feet and see if his TM performance is better than his recent club performances were (similar to Jahanbaksh, who many here don't want to play and who to his credit Skocic continues to use and keeps scoring for us).
      Etc. Etc.

Basically, I didn't see much (logical) experimenting and the weaknesses that were exposed where largely visible before.

I still agree with some of your points and think that Skocic should get a chance to show if he has learned anything with at least another friendly. If it is more of the same then, I will call for a change.

I also understand those who want an immediate change and see nothing wrong to start a search for a replacement now, to be prepared and not be stuck with no alternatives if Skocic will not improve the team soon.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        We displayed 1 serious counter attack. The rest was kick it away and sit back. Perfect game means going for a win. That's why we play football. Yes it was Argentina...but our stats against them mirror Nigeria match as well.

We all can agree to disagree my brotha! Losing 1-0 against a very strong Argentina side who were in Finals, I would say with a bit of a luck with the penalty given to us, we could have even won that game! So yeah I would say despite losing, that was a job well done to our lads and brilliance tactic of our coach Queiroz.
        sigpicVIVA K8RIMI

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
          Unpopular opinion:

Stick with Skocic.

Would YOU want to work for a country where they fire you after taking them to the World Cup with ease and losing one frickin friendly??
          Results in friendlies mean nothing. It is meant to expose our shortcomings. Now give the staff to fix it.
          A friendly is for experiments which Skocic did. Didn't work out. Kessi namord.
          At least he is doing some offensive tactics.

History repeats itself on PFDC lol
          But everyone and anyone knows that is was the players that got us this far, not Skokic.. Skokic is now set up for a good decent job after TM because of these players otherwise he doesn't have the CV to even sniff TM job.

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
            First things first. Skocic needs to get fired.

CQ is the most reasonable choice atm, since they're dragging this out.
            Has CQ expressed his desire to take over? Could you give us a link to this?
            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
            نگاه میکنید.
            sigpic
            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
              Talebi was clueless. He said we deserved a PK against USA when Keller tripped Azizi...followed it up by saying I'm happy the ref didn't award it due to political tensions or some bs like that. We did ok in 98 thanks to Ivic and Vieras efforts...Talebi was a nobody.

I don't usually agree with you but regarding Talebi i do.
              He was indeed a clueless nobody. He was better off continuing with Indonesia U23 lol.
              I still don't understand why they brought him back for AC 2000. Unforgivable.

It seems we haven't learned our lesson from the Talebi disaster. You don't bring a nobody coach to the WC
              Yet we're here 24 years later and about to make the same mistake, smh.
              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

What do you think about Hashemian taking over the team along Karim Bagheri?

Comment

We're going to take some heavy losses this World Cup with Mr. Sanat Naft as our head coach.

Just accept it and hopefully the new IFF head has more competent that the current one and we can finally get a real manager for the Asian Cup. Sadly, we are not getting Carlos Queiroz back - cause that would be too logical of a decision at this point.
                  "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by Benjaminnn View Post
                    What do you think about Hashemian taking over the team along Karim Bagheri?
                    Much rather Nekonam or even Daei.
                    Hashemian is way too soft, basically the Iranian version of Skokic.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                      Has CQ expressed his desire to take over? Could you give us a link to this?
                      He is free atm and wants to coach at the WC.
                      His assistant also confirmed his interest in coaching a team in the WC.

دی سار دستیار کی روش در تیم ملی مصر به این شایعات احتمال بازگشت کی روش به مصر به عنوان مربی باشگاه الاهلی این طور پاسخ داد: خیلی سخت است کی روش مربی الاهلی شود. او قصد دارد هدایت یک تیم ملی را برعهده بگیرد که در جام جهانی حضور دارد
                      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                        We're going to take some heavy losses this World Cup with Mr. Sanat Naft as our head coach.
                        Just accept it and hopefully the new IFF head has more competent that the current one and we can finally get a real manager for the Asian Cup. Sadly, we are not getting Carlos Queiroz back - cause that would be too logical of a decision at this point.
                        We can play CQ football. Easily done: give ball possession to opponent, park the bus defend with 11 men in our field which closes spaces and create havoc for opponents, kick the ball down masterfully and have Azmoun and taremi give chase from our box masterfully, do this for 90 minutes, hope opponent does not score, hope defenders make an error masterfully and we can put one in their goal, cut our error rate by 100% by just booting the ball down field masterfully, play to not lose by many goals and hope an own goal and a ghost penalty will get us close enough so we can do a hemasseh. We can go full CQ and whine and cry about our sox late salary payments, and negotiate with other teams in our group, we can also attack Golmohammadi and some other IPL coaches to relieve the pressure on our team. Of course we must attack Branko that snake.

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                          He is free atm and wants to coach at the WC.
                          His assistant also confirmed his interest in coaching a team in the WC.

دی سار دستیار کی روش در تیم ملی مصر به این شایعات احتمال بازگشت کی روش به مصر به عنوان مربی باشگاه الاهلی این طور پاسخ داد: خیلی سخت است کی روش مربی الاهلی شود. او قصد دارد هدایت یک تیم ملی را برعهده بگیرد که در جام جهانی حضور دارد
                          CQ would love to coach Iran but IFF is trying to flex its muscle and try to look big by not hiring him.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                            We can play CQ football. Easily done: give ball possession to opponent, park the bus defend with 11 men in our field which closes spaces and create havoc for opponents, kick the ball down masterfully and have Azmoun and taremi give chase from our box masterfully, do this for 90 minutes, hope opponent does not score, hope defenders make an error masterfully and we can put one in their goal, cut our error rate by 100% by just booting the ball down field masterfully, play to not lose by many goals and hope an own goal and a ghost penalty will get us close enough so we can do a hemasseh. We can go full CQ and whine and cry about our sox late salary payments, and negotiate with other teams in our group, we can also attack Golmohammadi and some other IPL coaches to relieve the pressure on our team. Of course we must attack Branko that snake.
                            Easier said than done.. Defending is like we did under CQ was a work of art. It's more than just parking the bus.. There's a gameplan and structure that goes to it. Even if Skokic decided to go with a park the bus strategy, he won't know jack on how to structure and implement it.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                              Easier said than done.. Defending is like we did under CQ was a work of art. It's more than just parking the bus.. There's a gameplan and structure that goes to it. Even if Skokic decided to go with a park the bus strategy, he won't know jack on how to structure and implement it.
                              Love to learn more about the game plan and structure of CQ's parking the bus. Can you elaborate please? Serious question. I'd love to learn more about what people see. In first half of Spain game, I saw a 5-4-1 with the 5 being inside our 18 yard, 4 being just outside and 1 (Azmoun) being between 18 yard and center line. No pressure on the ball outside 25 yards... What else should I have noticed? Thank you.

Comment

I honestly don’t know what everyone is smoking here or are any of you aware of the realities.
                                The Doha camp was for free, the Algeria game was a gift from Qatar federation and not even planned. We don’t have money to pay for friendlies, regardless of anything else add to that the mismanagement. With which money do you guys expect CQ to come back or any other coach. This is currently the reality of our country in everything football not excluded. Let’s be realistic and put emotions aside.
                                Even if we had the best coach in the world and we can’t provide him with the tools we will fail. Unfortunately that’s our reality. CQ would never come in this circumstance. Nothing that he would require we can provide. Just support the team and let’s hope for some crazy luck.
                                United We Stand, One nation one heart one goal

Comment

Working...
                                X