Dragan Skočić In or Dragan Skočić Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me be even more clear about what our current issues are:

A common measure in political science of how strong a nation-state is is how intensive it is able to tax it's citizens.
    Data tells us we are at the level and nation state strength western european countries were in 120 years ago!!!

How can we have stable financing sports, education, military, infrastructure etc? There is NO stability and predictability in organisation of iranian agencies.
    Using oil revenues and natural resources as state budget is what weak states do.

Add to this venomous mix the fact that our clubs are not marketized!!! Im no fan of pure market economy personally, but markets have their role and place in society. Football at highest levels and youth academies is where a functioning market economy works good. We have state-run enterprises and regulations where things should be free, and markets where we need more state responsibility. Football cost money and we havent unleashed even 10 percent of our productive potential! Iran is a choobe do sar ani!

Comment

Skoicic wasn’t payed in rail or dollars , he was paid in chelo kababa and moste mouser

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        If a player doesn't have motivation at this point - shame on them.

I didn't expect TM to play well after training for 2 weeks in Doha under intense conditions with no match play for practice.

What disappointed me from Skocic is his insistence on use of Noorafkan.

I also can't understand the reliance on Nourollahi anymore as playing in UAE is draining every bit of football ability that he has out of his body.

And yes, he is right about IFF being garbage. IFF has f***ed everything up. He was promised 3 games in Canada, which fell apart. He rejected friendlies based on the assumption that the Canada camp would go ahead.
        At the end, all IFF could do is scrounge up a last resort free camp in Qatar.

And let's not go after Skocic's physical condition - he has been getting fatter and fatter, but I am pretty sure it is a medical condition. He had surgery in Croatia in May.
        Man just overall he is WRONG choice for us at this point and basically gonna get killed in the WC. Then he is gonna come back and say its the players and IFF fault. I promise you, we are not going nowhere with this guy.
        sigpicVIVA K8RIMI

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
          No one is worshiping Sko as far as I understand this forum. I certainly don't worship absolutely no one. What most people are saying here is just give it a rest and let the TM get on concentrating on what they need to do. This crap has always been going on since time in memorial. Every coach we have had there has been those who keep banging on how crap they are and calling him names etc. You want some one else other than Skocic? Find the replacement and see how many people will slag him off.
          Yeah you are absolutely right. Certain people dont have enough common sense and are so ignorant that will always complain. Those are the same people who are saying to leave skocic alone and let him do his "job". I don't think he knows how! And players have realized the same but unfortunately they can't speak out loud and possibly be banned from NT. I want my team to succeed and come back from world cup with heads held high. Losing is part of the game. I DO NOT wanna experience 2006 wc again. Which we are going that direction, FAST! Get our asses handed to us, then the fuckin coach runs the other direction like Ivankovich and hides away.
          sigpicVIVA K8RIMI

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
            I cringed most of the time watching TM. Yes we got some results like beet the other team 1-0 (Morocco, og) and most games draw but the entire game parking the bus, playing defensively frustrating football. That is not my idea of enjoying watching a game of football. But let me also say this. If our players playing up against Sko because they think they are superstars that should be coached by a top notch head coach then there is little that can be achieved and Sko must address this with the players pack up his suitcase and leave. He has already shown the world that he can coach a NT and take them out of being knocked out and qualifying them for the finals with 10/11 straight wins one meaningless loss with depleted team still finishing top of the group. If I was Sko and my players didn't want to work with me I just say goodbye and good luck.
            skocic WS
            in official matches
            hong kng
            camboj
            bahrain
            iraq
            syria
            uae
            iraq
            lobnon
            syria
            uae
            iraq
            lobnon
            if iraq lobnon uae syria ARE IN OUR WC GROUP
            skocic In
            If england wales usa are in our group
            SKOCIC OUT

Comment

Still the discussion revolves around having expectations on a gedah (iff) to buy (hire coach) a porsche (world class)!

We all can agree on IFF being shit broke.

Note: Iran being "an inherently rich country" is NOT an argument. It's completely irrelevant and invalid and disqualifies any merit or action.

Even if it is true (which first need an investigation on which definition of "rich" that is best) it does not mean that IFF has money, that their is a will to funnel funds to IFF etcetera. Why this is so is the true crux.

The persons critizing Skocic in an unreasonable way, taking extreme standpoints, usually don't want to take responsibility for their arguments, perspectives and standpoints.

Say Skocics salary is 100 000 USD in Rials then we need to investigate which coaches that are willing to:

1. Accept that salary
              2. Accept to work in Iran
              3. Accept to work for a Sabzi foroush
              4. Accept to work with lesser talent (this needs a premium in itself)

Any coach that takes more than this sum is NOT an option for Iran currently whatever we think of it.

So please answer this simple question: Which coaches are ready to work for this sum? Which is basically what IFF is ready to offer.
              Its a simple question. If you guys cant answer it, all talk about Renard Menard, Guus Hiddink and the likes are pure fantasy football.

Comment

Note that even Ali Daei football asjah (even banned), Ghaleh Morghi, Flower-Mohammadi etc refused!

What does this tell us? That nobody wants to work for a sabzi foroush, that nobody want to have anything to do with obnoxious iranian fans and that the alternative costs are too darn high!

THIS is the reality of iranian football. It is a complete mess and it's a thorn in the eye of everyone that lives in delusions of grandeur.

If you guys want Mayeli Kohan, then fine. Let us argue if looney tunes MK is better than Skocic! But Im not sure if he is ready to helm the job either to be honest!

Comment

iff been GEDAH SINCE 1980
                  by making coaches with out any national
                  team experience our coach.
                  all of them their first job as hc.
                  hasan habibi
                  nasser ibrahimi
                  dehdari
                  homayoun shahrokhi
                  ali parvin
                  mamad mayli
                  jalal talebi
                  mansour pourhdari
                  bronko
                  glenoie
                  daie
                  gotbi
                  skocic
                  all above i mentined
                  git their national tem ead coaching
                  debute with tem melli
                  THAT IS GEDAH
                  SINCE coach who lcks experence
                  take the job for dirt cheap

Comment

Originally posted by mbaizai View Post
                    We fired Ivic I think few weeks before 1998 and we did well under talebi .
                    well, the first thing Jalal khan promised was that "aberoo mandaneh mibazim"
                    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

You have recently missed IFF budget Crisis after Wilmots disaster?

IFF is even MORE gedah right now than it was before! This is the issue.

We all agree that IFF need to get better budget that is not eaten by vultures and rats.
                      We all agree that these hypothetical money needs to go to good coaching salary.

They hired Wilmots for huge sums, got sued and owe even more and got robbed by IFF officials too! That is why we dont have money right now.

IFF is the problem not Skocic.

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post
                        Still the discussion revolves around having expectations on a gedah (iff) to buy (hire coach) a porsche (world class)!

We all can agree on IFF being shit broke.

Note: Iran being "an inherently rich country" is NOT an argument. It's completely irrelevant and invalid and disqualifies any merit or action.

Even if it is true (which first need an investigation on which definition of "rich" that is best) it does not mean that IFF has money, that their is a will to funnel funds to IFF etcetera. Why this is so is the true crux.

The persons critizing Skocic in an unreasonable way, taking extreme standpoints, usually don't want to take responsibility for their arguments, perspectives and standpoints.

Say Skocics salary is 100 000 USD in Rials then we need to investigate which coaches that are willing to:

1. Accept that salary
                        2. Accept to work in Iran
                        3. Accept to work for a Sabzi foroush
                        4. Accept to work with lesser talent (this needs a premium in itself)

Any coach that takes more than this sum is NOT an option for Iran currently whatever we think of it.

So please answer this simple question: Which coaches are ready to work for this sum? Which is basically what IFF is ready to offer.
                        Its a simple question. If you guys cant answer it, all talk about Renard Menard, Guus Hiddink and the likes are pure fantasy football.
                        There is one leverage we have, and that is a coach will be guaranteed of coaching in the WC. At this point getting a worldclass coach is a fantasy. But, maybe by some miracle, some decent coach can be hired and given a few friendlies before the WC. My gut tells me we will lose the next few friendlies, and IFF will fire the guy and hire a local coach.
                        “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                          There is one leverage we have, and that is a coach will be guaranteed of coaching in the WC. At this point getting a worldclass coach is a fantasy. But, maybe by some miracle, some decent coach can be hired and given a few friendlies before the WC. My gut tells me we will lose the next few friendlies, and IFF will fire the guy and hire a local coach.
                          Agreed

Unfortunately you're so right OFFSIDE_1 jan.

Comment

To be honest OFFSIDE_1 jan, I would love to know more about the labour market of coaches. What you get for what price, if there has been historical bargains in hiring etcetera.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
                              What success? Beating the likes of Syria and Lebanon?
                              Easiest qualification to WC.

I guess you have forgotten our struggles against Lebanon, Bahrain, Iraq, and Syria in the past...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                                Easiest qualification to WC.
                                I guess you have forgotten our struggles against Lebanon, Bahrain, Iraq, and Syria in the past...
                                Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                                Personally I think Skocic biggest accomplishment was getting us through the first round but for the final round it would be delusional to believe that this was our easiest qualification because we played well, rather we were fortunate that our opponents were in their worst form. With the exception of S.Korea and us, the entire first round of the qualification had the 4 amigos (Iraq, Syria, UAE, and Lebanon) tie every single game among themselves which help propel both us and S.Korea to the lead. Iraq had no home advantage and went through 4 managers during the qualification and had 5 (1st game) and 9 (2nd game) players missing due to Covid when we played them. Syria had 3 managers changed as well, no home advantage and missed several key players due to team infighting (they were a shadow of the team we played against in 2018 that made the playoff's and won against Qatar and S. Korea). UAE changed 2 managers during the qualification and had their superstar Omar Adbulrahman out on a long term injury (yet they gave us a tough time and dominated both games in possession and chances). The only 2 teams that performed to their true potential were S.Korea and Lebanon. Lebanon as always plays ugly football and we struggle to beat them away due to the bad pitch conditions, but on that game we were extremely lucky to have Azmoun pushing the team to go for the win while Skocic throwing childish tantrums on the side. Korea, I'll let our result and performance speak for itself. As for Bahrain, they have not been a struggle for many many years until Wiltits lost against them. CQ played them 3 times which included a 3-0 and a 6-0 wins.

Lastly, 2018 was equally an easy qualification, with 7 points clear from the second position, 0 loss and no goals scored on until the very final match.

Comment

Working...
                                X