Dragan Skočić In or Dragan Skočić Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ben.walken View Post
    Personally I think Skocic biggest accomplishment was getting us through the first round but for the final round it would be delusional to believe that this was our easiest qualification because we played well, rather we were fortunate that our opponents were in their worst form. With the exception of S.Korea and us, the entire first round of the qualification had the 4 amigos (Iraq, Syria, UAE, and Lebanon) tie every single game among themselves which help propel both us and S.Korea to the lead. Iraq had no home advantage and went through 4 managers during the qualification and had 5 (1st game) and 9 (2nd game) players missing due to Covid when we played them. Syria had 3 managers changed as well, no home advantage and missed several key players due to team infighting (they were a shadow of the team we played against in 2018 that made the playoff's and won against Qatar and S. Korea). UAE changed 2 managers during the qualification and had their superstar Omar Adbulrahman out on a long term injury (yet they gave us a tough time and dominated both games in possession and chances). The only 2 teams that performed to their true potential were S.Korea and Lebanon. Lebanon as always plays ugly football and we struggle to beat them away due to the bad pitch conditions, but on that game we were extremely lucky to have Azmoun pushing the team to go for the win while Skocic throwing childish tantrums on the side. Korea, I'll let our result and performance speak for itself. As for Bahrain, they have not been a struggle for many many years until Wiltits lost against them. CQ played them 3 times which included a 3-0 and a 6-0 wins.

Lastly, 2018 was equally an easy qualification, with 7 points clear from the second position, 0 loss and no goals scored on until the very final match.
    Perhaps all those teams were changing coaches so often because we kept beating them!!! I believe in 2018 we scored 10 goals and conceded 2 for a goal difference of 8, while in 2022, we scored 14 and conceded 4 for a goal difference of 10.

Comment

Majedi confirmed tonight on TV that Skocic will be the TM coach until end of Asian Games in 2023. We will only have 1 or 2 games before the WC and at that late stage, no one will change a coach anyways.

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/253...B1%DB%8C%D9%85

Admins...please close this thread: Skocic is in...doesn't matter how anyone feels about it. Let's not waste any more time on this.

Comment

^ Wouldn't be the first time an akhound has lied. And it wont be the last.

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
          Majedi confirmed tonight on TV that Skocic will be the TM coach until end of Asian Games in 2023. We will only have 1 or 2 games before the WC and at that late stage, no one will change a coach anyways.

Admins...please close this thread: Skocic is in...doesn't matter how anyone feels about it. Let's not waste any more time on this.
          If this is the case we're in deep shit

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
            If this is the case we're in deep shit
            he is not going to say oh yes
            we are talking to cq
            and we have deal
            cq has one conditin which is holding upthe deal
            is
            he only want come to iran for fifa days and his asst will go to
            club gams in iran instead of him and he will sleep in hotel in qatar.
            i wouldnt give up yet
            I GIVE IT TIL SEPTember FRIENDLIES
            AFTR THEM FRIENDLIES we shall see

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
              he is not going to say oh yes
              we are talking to cq
              and we have deal
              cq has one conditin which is holding upthe deal
              is
              he only want come to iran for fifa days and his asst will go to
              club gams in iran instead of him and he will sleep in hotel in qatar.
              i wouldnt give up yet
              I GIVE IT TIL SEPTember FRIENDLIES
              AFTR THEM FRIENDLIES we shall see
              Where did you hear this? I don't doubt it since you've been right on almost everything lol

Comment

Majedi ghalat karde. This thread should be open until Skocic is kicked out.
                Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                  I posted a thread from CQ days when he took the team to S. Africa and couldn't beat Orlando Pirates reserves. The hate he got in that thread and calling for his dismissal mirrors what is going on now. TM fans are impatient, at times hypocritical, and easily fall for the hashieh...but then again I believe it comes from a good place regardless on what side of debate you are...I truly believe all TM fans want success...even those who wanted friendlies in Canada cancelled or TM to lose against Algeria so Skocic would be fired...
                  Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                  Yeah doosty khaleh kherseh more like. Let me also say this. We as fans also seem to be blinded by nationalism so much that we don't see the reality of our players. Apart from one or two, We don't have world class players who can execute a game plan well because they are so complete in their skills and every single one of them is prone to make fatal mistakes. Collectively, the best they can do is man mark and play defensively so as not to lose heavily against strong teams. Bring cq if you want that. He has proven himself a very good fit with our players. That's why they all love him so much. Any other head coach would achieve similar to each other from a low ranking one to the top ranking one. You cannot draw blood out of stone. When our league improves so much that they produce top class pro players then we can legitimately bang on about a top notch head coach and paying him multi million dollars salary would be well justified. We are not some stupid Arab country with lots of money who just believe a top European coach will bring them trophies. As we have seen how they all get sacked one after another.
                  هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                  نگاه میکنید.
                  sigpic
                  I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                    Majedi ghalat karde. This thread should be open until Skocic is kicked out.
                    It is more like whose mafia wins the battle to kick existing head coach out and replace him with their own man. There certainly seems so many inside Iran right now. They tell you how useless and crap Skocic is because he hasn't invited none of their teams players to TM lol and how it is all going to end in disaster he should therefore be replaced before its too late. It really is a cheap behaviour when TM was 99% knocked out of the round two of qualifications two years ago and absolutely no one was interested and the situation was so hopeless the IFF thought we just give it to this nobody and then wash our hands off it and now TM is qualified they all want to be the head coach just so that they can be seen at the finals and get some credit or whatever. As I said before, if the players are playing up and are not going to make an effort because they believe they are such world class super stars / or they favour a particular person to be in charge then there is little Skocic can do. He should have a meeting with them and establish whether they are happy to work with him or not. If majority of these superstar world class players say no then he should just leave it to the top-notch head coach that is lined up.
                    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                    نگاه میکنید.
                    sigpic

Comment

1 or 2 games? that means 1 or 0 games, holy shit, is this what they meant with "we will do all we can for this team" when they qualified? and that 1 game will most likely be against Syria U23 C team....

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                        Where did you hear this? I don't doubt it since you've been right on almost everything lol
                        egypt assist said
                        cq wll go to one of qualify asian team
                        ksa qatr japan o korea coaches are safe
                        australia and iran are left
                        we shall see

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                          It is more like whose mafia wins the battle to kick existing head coach out and replace him with their own man. There certainly seems so many inside Iran right now. They tell you how useless and crap Skocic is because he hasn't invited none of their teams players to TM lol and how it is all going to end in disaster he should therefore be replaced before its too late. It really is a cheap behaviour when TM was 99% knocked out of the round two of qualifications two years ago and absolutely no one was interested and the situation was so hopeless the IFF thought we just give it to this nobody and then wash our hands off it and now TM is qualified they all want to be the head coach just so that they can be seen at the finals and get some credit or whatever. As I said before, if the players are playing up and are not going to make an effort because they believe they are such world class super stars / or they favour a particular person to be in charge then there is little Skocic can do. He should have a meeting with them and establish whether they are happy to work with him or not. If majority of these superstar world class players say no then he should just leave it to the top-notch head coach that is lined up.
                          "They tell you how useless and crap Skocic is because he hasn't invited none of their teams players to TM lol and how it is all going to end in disaster he should therefore be replaced before its too late."

We don't need anyone to tell us how useless he is. 2,5 years and 18 games have been more than enough.

"It really is a cheap behaviour when TM was 99% knocked out of the round two of qualifications two years ago and absolutely no one was interested and the situation was so hopeless the IFF thought we just give it to this nobody and then wash our hands off it and now TM is qualified"

No i'ts not cheap behaviour. I see members posting comments like:

" We should be thankful he qualified us, he deserves to coach us in the WC"
                          " How does it look if we fire a coach before WC? No one will come and work for us if we do"

We need to stop thinking emotionally about this or it will cloud our judgement. He's not good enough and needs to be replaced, that's the reality.
                          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

"They tell you how useless and crap Skocic is because he hasn't invited none of their teams players to TM lol and how it is all going to end in disaster he should therefore be replaced before its too late."

We don't need anyone to tell us how useless he is. 2,5 years and 18 games have been more than enough.

"It really is a cheap behaviour when TM was 99% knocked out of the round two of qualifications two years ago and absolutely no one was interested and the situation was so hopeless the IFF thought we just give it to this nobody and then wash our hands off it and now TM is qualified"

No i'ts not cheap behaviour. I see members posting comments like:

" We should be thankful he qualified us, he deserves to coach us in the WC"
                            " How does it look if we fire a coach before WC? No one will come and work for us if we do"

We need to stop thinking emotionally about this or it will cloud our judgement. He's not good enough and needs to be replaced, that's the reality.
                            You can hire a fantastic top notch head coach that will lay down three fantastic game plans for each game but when players can't;
                            control/pass/cross the ball
                            find best team mate in best position
                            understand not to waste possession by passing to a player in offside position
                            not get disposed easily and turnover
                            not to pass the ball to the opponent

then any game plan becomes meaningless. Unless you have an anti-football game plan; park the bus and just interrupt the opponent's game and hope that a long pass from defense or long throw from Beiro to the lone striker would produce a goal or something! I don't want to be cringing with shame again at this world cup.
                            نگاه میکنید.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                              You can hire a fantastic top notch head coach that will lay down three fantastic game plans for each game but when players can't;
                              control/pass/cross the ball
                              find best team mate in best position
                              understand not to waste possession by passing to a player in offside position
                              not get disposed easily and turnover
                              not to pass the ball to the opponent
                              then any game plan becomes meaningless. Unless you have an anti-football game plan; park the bus and just interrupt the opponent's game and hope that a long pass from defense or long throw from Beiro to the lone striker would produce a goal or something! I don't want to be cringing with shame again at this world cup.
                              If our players are as bad as you say, then we're in even more need of a great coach.
                              How else are you going to close to the gap to better teams?
                              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

If our players are as bad as you say, then we're in even more need of a great coach.
                                How else are you going to close to the gap to better teams?
                                There are no head coaches that can turn the players we have into world class players in a few months even if he has them every day from now till November. The level of our players is down to their clubs they play for. Look Taremi he is a pretty much polished up player after three years in Porto. Most of our vatani head coaches are just lips and blame refs/mafias/others for their own failures.
                                نگاه میکنید.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X