Dragan Skočić In or Dragan Skočić Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    I actually thought it was posed in a respectful way, gave him the chance to mention it is a medical issue. We make fun of his weight here and say eating kubideh is all he does but in this light there is really nothing the poor guy can do about it except get the appropriate medical attention which he has now done.

Anyways overall I really can only thank adel. His tone, his charisma, and his line of questioning provided skocic with a much better platform to clear the air than any iranian media has done previously (especially in comparison to that swine misaghi). Skocic I thought handled himself well. There are things he could have pressed on more but he also knew that when sko feels threatened he gets super defensive and whole interview could go to shit.

I do not think he is a coach for the level of the world cup. His resume is proof of that. He skipped about 3-4 steps in a regular ascent to such a role. If he is to be our coach, while he should be questioned and held accountable for his decisions on technical basis like any other coach, he also doesnt deserve abuse. I feel like he could honestly solve a lot of issues with a few tactical tweaks and stopping extended experiments with norafkan and nourollahi.
    All of us would be happy if this guy gets it together.

I mean if TM somehow gets to the second round the guy will be a legend and will deserve every single plaudit he gets. I will kiss one or both of his testicles, should he desire.

It just isn't going to happen in our wildest dreams at the moment. Unless Sterling becomes cholagh or something. We need an amount of luck which would even a problem gambler would deem crazy

Comment

I actually thought it was posed in a respectful way, gave him the chance to mention it is a medical issue. We make fun of his weight here and say eating kubideh is all he does but in this light there is really nothing the poor guy can do about it except get the appropriate medical attention which he has now done.

Anyways overall I really can only thank adel. His tone, his charisma, and his line of questioning provided skocic with a much better platform to clear the air than any iranian media has done previously (especially in comparison to that swine misaghi). Skocic I thought handled himself well. There are things he could have pressed on more but he also knew that when sko feels threatened he gets super defensive and whole interview could go to shit.

I do not think he is a coach for the level of the world cup. His resume is proof of that. He skipped about 3-4 steps in a regular ascent to such a role. If he is to be our coach, while he should be questioned and held accountable for his decisions on technical basis like any other coach, he also doesnt deserve abuse. I feel like he could honestly solve a lot of issues with a few tactical tweaks and stopping extended experiments with norafkan and nourollahi.
      Great comment, totally agree with you on that bold part too.

Giving him abuse and negative feedback aint gonna solve anything for us! I dono when people are gonna understand this!

We all want a top class coach but it ain't gonna happen with this IFF. Sport ministry and IFF both confirmed that skocic will stay, so whats the point of giving this guy BS and sending negative messages! Like sriously how's that gonna solve any issue for us??
      Its just gonna make him and team melli staff lose concentration .

Please stop all this "sack skocic " nonsense and support team melli. OFC if you care about team melli. I honestly believe with 3 friendlies and good camps we could make it out of the group with this coach.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
        All of us would be happy if this guy gets it together.

I mean if TM somehow gets to the second round the guy will be a legend and will deserve every single plaudit he gets. I will kiss one or both of his testicles, should he desire.

It just isn't going to happen in our wildest dreams at the moment. Unless Sterling becomes cholagh or something. We need an amount of luck which would even a problem gambler would deem crazy
        I respect your opinion. However in this case I think you should reconsider the odds because I worry that you would be kissing some undesirable things. We are not playing 3 teams made of Sterlings...a man BTW that misses more often on the big stage than most.

The euphoria that we felt when the WC draw came is because it is very doable. Yes, the odds are against us, but not by a lot. Any team has a one in 2 chance of making the next round. We may be a little worse than USA and a little worse than Wales. But not by a huge amount. We are a lot worse than EngIand.
        If we assume that our chance of a draw or win against England is zero, then we have one in 3 chance.

Now you may argue that USA and Wales are better than us and we can argue by how much, but a realistic chance of making the next round is 20% or so. All sorts of scenarios play here, like what if England ties a couple of games or loses one.

Anyways I would never bet on anything when I have a 20% chance of getting on my knees and kissing something I would rather never see!

Comment

After this interview, my respect for Dragon skyrocketed. He kept his cool and answered Ferdowsipour's tough questions with class and decorum. CQ would have bitchslapped Ferdowsi for these tough questions.

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
            ISterlings...a man BTW that misses more often on the big stage than most. !
            Are you referring to Man City or England?

Because he is very hit and miss for city, but having watched pretty much every England game (due to being born and spending four decades in this godforsaken island) he goes proper super saiyan for England, I would say world class and unless Milad goes on a treasure hunt to find his long-lost form we are going to get ricketty-rekt. Can't imagine Pulisic, Neco W and others for the other two nations sitting on their sofas either.

Looking shaky against some very low form (at the moment) persian gulf countries is one thing, but playing in an actual world cup where teams bring their A-game is a different kettle of fish completely.

I've spent long enough obsessing about iranian football to know the current chances based on the 18 games i've watched with this guy in charge. If he gets one or both testicles out after a million:tone second round, then I will do my duty.

Comment

he also doesnt deserve abuse.
              I agree with you 100% and feel very strongly about this.

He is a good level coach for our mid-tier club teams and a guy who has spent a lot of time in and around iranian football, he deserves credit as well for getting the results we needed after Wilmots.

Some of the names used against him, and mocking his weight etc... is really bad form.

This is the last "proper" world cup in my opinion, I genuinely think the format will completely erode the prestige of this competition partially in 2026, and completely soon after when the frequency increases as per Infantino's wishes.

We have two outstanding forwards, and the remainder of a team which whilst languishing in various places, has been shown to play disciplined football together under the previous coach.

This coach will not get us to the second round of the world cup, and on the evidence of our performances we may be humiliated in a way TM has not seen before (with the nightmare scenario of the 8-0ers laughing at us)

I have no anger towards Skocic whatsoever, he seems like a decent guy and much better than the guy who hails from Varaždin. Nothing Skocic has said or done has ever been as slimy and damn nasty as that guy. Skocic has been under a lot of pressure and by all accounts just kept going....

I only have strong feelings towards the IR folk, IR media and the anti-iranian elements who are keeping him here, knowing full well what would happen if we have a more experienced international coach managing our team in this last chance to get to second round... That's what boils my piss.

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
                I respect your opinion. However in this case I think you should reconsider the odds because I worry that you would be kissing some undesirable things. We are not playing 3 teams made of Sterlings...a man BTW that misses more often on the big stage than most.
                "kissing some undesirable things" now he'll be praying we lose, otherwise his lips will get dirty.

One thing people keep missing is the fact that the games are in Qatar. We've played numerous games in qatar, so we are familar with the stadium atmosphere as well as the weather .

Again i feel with the support of fans and IFF (good preps) we can do it. ITS VERY DOABLE.

If we don't get 3 decent fiendlies and good preps then I would trully lose my hope. This is why I keep saying leave skocic and put pressure on IFF instead. The winner here is IFF, because stupid fans are putting pressure on skocic instead of IFF lol Like even IF we bring Ancelotti but without preps we're not gonna do well in WC22.

Comment

Our fans need to shout "raheem to mosalmoon nisti" when he ravages noorafkans... 😂

Comment

Are you referring to Man City or England?
                    Because he is very hit and miss for city, but having watched pretty much every England game (due to being born and spending four decades in this godforsaken island) he goes proper super saiyan for England..

https://onefootball.com/en/news/vide...gland-35257175

https://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2018...land-world-cup

https://youtu.be/hkVQvUYyvBM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...land-vs-wales/

Comment

It's okay, don't worry. He's going to be lined up against Noorafkan.

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post
                        Our fans need to shout "raheem to mosalmoon nisti" when he ravages noorafkans... 😂

😄😄its like 1978 wc
                        ali parvin was capitan,
                        he told one of the tm player who sp0ke good english
                        to go tell holland capitan THAT OUR CAPITAN jut got news his mother passed away.
                        so holland guys feel sorry score less goals against us

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                          YouTube version as well.

https://youtu.be/y9gddsefVP8

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                          Can’t believe i just wasted 41 minutes watching a man lying through his teeth🤥
                          Playing the victims role throughout the entire interview.

He lives in a fantasy world where he does everything right, and blames everyone else when things go wrong.
                          If the airport story is true( which i doubt) then that idiot who gave him a call deserve a big fat slap on his face.
                          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
                            he was lying through his teeth, get him gone and get carlos in
                            Agreed
                            Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Man, good thing that the guy was otherwise unstoppable espescially for the crunch games, otherwise the England fans (especially the racist tabloids who hated him) would have destroyed him. I don't necessarily agree with BBC or Marca that he was the best player of tournament, but I can't think of another international football who is so consistently the best player on the pitch in the bigger games.
                              I am not as informed about football as most of the members here, so the below may just be worthless..

Remember, I did not say Sterling is not a great player..he is. My point was that we will not be playing 11 players named Sterling. There are a bunch of good England players who are hyped to the max.

Even Sterling has his faults... He is just not clinical. He needs a bunch of chances to score one. Taremi has the same habit, one that I hope he gets rid of by the WC.

I can think of many footballers who are consistenly the best player on the pitch in the big games...and I would not put one current English player in that list. All the big names in football such as Messi, Ronaldo, Cavani, Suarez, Modric, Ibrahimovic, Neymar, Lewandowski are on a different level than any of the England players. Not one England player is in this league. Even Kane & Sterling are not in the class of players like Saleh, Mane & Aguerro.

Everyone of those websites that you quoted, save Marca, are English websites. The English are hugely biased and very quick to blow their own horns. It's like quoting Iranian websites regarding Taremi & Sardar...

Euro 2020 was a flukey tournament in which England got an easy ride all the way to the finals.

Now, if we underestimate England, we will be killed in 10 mintues. But England 2022 is an easier opponent that Spain 2018 or Argentina 2014. In my admittedly uninformed opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X