Lack of fitness and playing time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of fitness and playing time

Beside facing good opponents, and struggling in some key positions. my main concern is lack of playing time and fitness for lots players.
    I mean beside Taremi, lately Allahyar and Majid. The rest struggling to establish themselves in their clubs.
    I am less concerned for JB because i know he is pro but likes Milad, Moharami, Saeid, Nour, Gholi, Shoja, Beiro, nourafkan saman,karim, even Sardar can become a major issue.
    Lots of question marks in right and left backs, central midfielder as both Nour and Saeid are out of shape.
    It could have been less worrying if we had a proper coach and one month of training like any other time but this time is different.
    I know it is same for all teams but most of our boys warming the bench
    GO TM!

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Club situation of players who started in first game against South Korea:

Beiranvand - bench
    Moharrami - bench
    Kanani - Qatar
    Khalilzadeh - Qatar
    Amiri - declining IPL grandpa
    Gholizadeh - bench
    Nourollahi - UAE
    Ezatolahi - Qatar/Denmark 2nd
    Jahanbakhsh - bench
    Azmoun - bench
    Taremi - superestarr

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
      Beside facing good opponents, and struggling in some key positions. my main concern is lack of playing time and fitness for lots players.
      I mean beside Taremi, lately Allahyar and Majid. The rest struggling to establish themselves in their clubs.
      I am less concerned for JB because i know he is pro but likes Milad, Moharami, Saeid, Nour, Gholi, Shoja, Beiro, nourqflan, saman, even Sardar can be a major isdue.
      Lots of question marks in right and left backs, central midfielder as both Nour and Saeid are out of shape.
      It could have been less worrying if we had a proper coach and one month of training like any other time but this time is different.
      I know it is same for all teams but most of our boys warming the bench
      GO TM!

This is my number one concern for TM. Coaching means nothing when you have bunch of out of form players.

The silver lining in a November World Cup is all of these players have a chance to fix their situation over the summer, to recover and regain form.
      If the World Cup was in the summer, I would be more worried. We would end up just like WC 2006 with a bunch of half-injured, barely playing players.

Comment

It seems we are due to crash into the wall badly.
        No friendlies, legionnaires shape is awful and expect more return to middle east during the next transfer window, no TM material players sticked in the squad.

Comment

He need to invite Ebrahimi.
          CM situation is horrible. I wouldn't start Saeid.
          Also from what i saw both Esmailifar and Hardani are better than Sadegh at the moment.
          Left back is aslo main concern. I rather to start Amiri there instead of useless Omid.

Comment

This is my line up for game 1
            Beiro
            Shoja, Majid, kanani, Amiri
            JB-Ebrahimi-Nour-Saman/Allahyar
            Taremi-Azmoun

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              This is my number one concern for TM. Coaching means nothing when you have bunch of out of form players.
              The silver lining in a November World Cup is all of these players have a chance to fix their situation over the summer, to recover and regain form.
              If the World Cup was in the summer, I would be more worried. We would end up just like WC 2006 with a bunch of half-injured, barely playing players.
              I agree but I still think IFF and Skocic need to take many pages from CQ's 2018 fitness plan. One relatively easy and least costly thing is having PGL player TM candidates go to PEC on a regular basis (twice a week) with a clear fitness regiment and coach available as CQ did for 2018 WC. All players should have personalized fitness goals for the WC and the coach should monitor that couple times a week. All of this is relatively inexpensive to do and only requires competence in planning and execution. If IFF and coach don't do it, then ARJ as the captain should take it on and coordinate with Skocic (it's sad but lack of competence forces me to go with last resorts).

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                I agree but I still think IFF and Skocic need to take many pages from CQ's 2018 fitness plan. One relatively easy and least costly thing is having PGL player TM candidates go to PEC on a regular basis (twice a week) with a clear fitness regiment and coach available as CQ did for 2018 WC. All players should have personalized fitness goals for the WC and the coach should monitor that couple times a week. All of this is relatively inexpensive to do and only requires competence in planning and execution. If IFF and coach don't do it, then ARJ as the captain should take it on and coordinate with Skocic (it's sad but lack of competence forces me to go with last resorts).

Go TM!
                Futbaldoost jan, do you have any evidence of this lack of competence by Skocic? All evidence points to him being a hard working coach. And he certainly has more coaching degrees than Jahanbakhsh. And his interests are fully aligned with Iran doing well in WC. Why would you assume that he is not doing what you described and call him incompetent? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                  Futbaldoost jan, do you have any evidence of this lack of competence by Skocic? All evidence points to him being a hard working coach. And he certainly has more coaching degrees than Jahanbakhsh. And his interests are fully aligned with Iran doing well in WC. Why would you assume that he is not doing what you described and call him incompetent? Just curious.
                  Farzadfarhngni jaan, I did not call Skocic incompetent. If I left you with that impression, it was not intended.

I think IFF leadership is incompetent and there is significant evidence for that. To me, not even having one friendly finalized, details of the camps figured out or having a fitness plan in place, two months and 20 days after qualification, is incompetence, pure and simple. Maajedi has spent more time in memorials and Estili was at the U23 friendly match vs Gol Gohar while they could focus on planning and execution. They can not even prioritize their own work. Photo ops and busy work is what they do. Usually incompetent managers do that so that they could create an image of doing productive work.

I think Skocic is not aggressive enough and for me after having CQ there is a higher bar. Part of it is Skocic's personality and part of it is his style. He is more of a HC than someone who uses his status and charisma to get the IFF going, out in the open. We know that he provided a plan (Maajedi's interview, see my post in the TM News thread) but we don't know what is in the plan. Skocic has said that he has been fighting for things behind the scenes but he doesn't like to publicize it. I think that's true to some extent.

Regarding ARJ, I said that if Skocic and IFF don't do the basic inexpensive stuff that could help TM then ARJ should show leadership. I stand behind that. Precious time is going by and we are poised to have another three and out performance in WC. I love to be proven wrong. If you have any evidence to the contrary, please provide it.

Maajedi (Acting IFF president) doesn't even say what exactly was in the plan other than strengthening Skocic's staff. I am not sure if he has even reviewed Skocic's plan in detail and provided feedback. Misaghi, the Football Bartar TV anchor, did not even bother to ask what were the details of the plan and what Maajedi was willing to do to execute on those. He just went with the flow and let Maajedi justify inaction and lower expectations. I think many people on this forum do a better job providing constructive criticism of IFF and Skocic's work than the Iranian sports media that unfortunately is dominated by tabloid sensationalism instead of quality journalism.

Last but not least, it might be a good idea doosteh man to focus on my main point i.e. an elaborate fitness plan that doesn't require FIFA money than something I did not say.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                    Farzadfarhngni jaan, I did not call Skocic incompetent. If I left you with that impression, it was not intended.
                    I think IFF leadership is incompetent and there is significant evidence for that. To me, not even having one friendly finalized, details of the camps figured out or having a fitness plan in place, two months and 20 days after qualification, is incompetence, pure and simple. Maajedi has spent more time in memorials and Estili was at the U23 friendly match vs Gol Gohar while they could focus on planning and execution. They can not even prioritize their own work. Photo ops and busy work is what they do. Usually incompetent managers do that so that they could create an image of doing productive work.
                    I think Skocic is not aggressive enough and for me after having CQ there is a higher bar. Part of it Skocic's personality and part of it is his style. He is more of a HC than someone who uses his status and charisma to get the IFF going, out in the open. We know that he provided a plan (Maajedi's interview, see my post in the TM News thread) but we don't know what is in the plan. Skocic has said that he has been fighting for things behind the scenes but he doesn't like to publicize it. I think that's true to some extent.
                    Regarding ARJ, I said that if Skocic and IFF don't do the basic inexpensive stuff that could help TM then ARJ should show leadership. I stand behind that. Precious time is going by and we are poised to have another three and out performance in WC. I love to be proven wrong. If you have any evidence to the contrary, please provide it.
                    Maajedi (Acting IFF president) doesn't even say what exactly was in the plan other than strengthening Skocic's staff. I am not sure if he has even reviewed Skocic's plan in detail and provided feedback. Misaghi, the Football Bartar TV anchor, did not even bother to ask what were the details of the plan and what Maajedi was willing to do to execute on those. He just went with the flow and let Maajedi justify inaction and lower expectations. I think many people on this forum do a better job providing constructive criticism of IFF and Skocic's work than the Iranian sports media that unfortunately is dominated by tabloid sensationalism instead of quality journalism.
                    Go TM!
                    Thank you and that is what I figured. Could not agree more with you regarding IFF's incompetence.
                    As for lack of public assertiveness by Skocic compared to CQ, I agree also, but I would add a couple of factors. CQ is set for life and is not hurting for money or if he does not finds another job. Skocic has no savings, has a young family and can not afford to get fired by IFF. I am sure if he had an ironclad four year contract with the kind of money that CQ was getting, he would publicly shame IFF, but given his situation, he has to find more politically correct means to achieve the same results.
                    As for conditioning, as far as we know, he may have already done what you prescribed. But given how long we have to world cup, I would wait to hire the fitness coach and have him understand each persons regiment in their clubs and design a complementary set of exercises and goals for the specific player.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                      He need to invite Ebrahimi.
                      CM situation is horrible. I wouldn't start Saeid.
                      Also from what i saw both Esmailifar and Hardani are better than Sadegh at the moment.
                      Left back is aslo main concern. I rather to start Amiri there instead of useless Omid.

I'm very critical of Sadegh, but I suggest you watch some of the Sepahan matches. Esmailifar is one of the worst players in that team alongside Omid. He's one of the worst defending Fullbacks to ever get cap for TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                        Thank you and that is what I figured. Could not agree more with you regarding IFF's incompetence.
                        As for lack of public assertiveness by Skocic compared to CQ, I agree also, but I would add a couple of factors. CQ is set for life and is not hurting for money or if he does not finds another job. Skocic has no savings, has a young family and can not afford to get fired by IFF. I am sure if he had an ironclad four year contract with the kind of money that CQ was getting, he would publicly shame IFF, but given his situation, he has to find more politically correct means to achieve the same results.
                        As for conditioning, as far as we know, he may have already done what you prescribed. But given how long we have to world cup, I would wait to hire the fitness coach and have him understand each persons regiment in their clubs and design a complementary set of exercises and goals for the specific player.
                        I just don't want to have a 2006 situation when no fitness coach was hired and it was a disaster considering the level of talent we had.

I agree that due to lack of transparency, we don't even know what IFF is doing and what is in the plan provided by Skocic. I am only saying these are the things they could be doing now and it doesn't require the funds blocked by FIFA. IFF leadership and Estili think (source is IFF's Maajedi interview here and posted in English on TM News forum by Keshwardoost) that because they were able to conduct the two remaining matches of AFC WC qualifiers, they did something major. To me, one was a disaster on the pitch (defeat in Korea) and the other was disaster outside the stadium (pepper spraying women who wanted to attend). The problem with IR and IFF is that I keep finding myself saying previous guy was better even though I did not like the previous guy either The current leadership is so bad that I say Azizi Khadem was better. There is a DIM hope that the IFF general assembly to be held on May 31st will do something.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                          I'm very critical of Sadegh, but I suggest you watch some of the Sepahan matches. Esmailifar is one of the worst players in that team alongside Omid. He's one of the worst defending Fullbacks to ever get cap for TM.
                          I watched him few times in CL and league and he was ok to me. His offensive contribution, cross, build up was ok.
                          Obviously iranian R&L backs issue have been how to defend and he is no exception.

Comment

Just because im interested, what happend to ebrahimi ? After beeing so strong he was never invited again ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                              Just because im interested, what happend to ebrahimi ? After beeing so strong he was never invited again ?
                              he is 34 with alot of experience.
                              i love to see him teamed up with saeed for wc.
                              but
                              skocic has picked his 2 dmf saeed and ahmad noor ,and saman norafkan sarlak hajsafi even vahid amiri and kamal lol is their back up.
                              if cq ever comes back omid will be invited for wc and ac
                              if not
                              his tm life is finish

Comment

Working...
                              X