This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    I am also proud of taremi for not cheapening himself like sardar and keeping silence until interview with a decent person (adel). No way any of our star players should lower themselves to level of such a rat like misaghi, shouldnt even give him the time of day.

And he did not defend wilmots, quite the opposite.

Some of what he said about skocic (extended lists, extra players having to do meaningless exercises behind goals during main training game, invites for so many players clearly not at the required level, etc) echoed exactly the sentiments of this forum and again highlight how badly out of his depth sko is. Sad but its the reality.
    Just my opinion here and lkely unpopular. While I enjoyed the interview I think the relaxed approach Adel took caused Mehdi to overhsare.

At times Mehdi sounded like he felt he was above basic skills. Any quality footballer knows you have to constsntly work on the fundamentals as well as high skill drills. He also implicated himself as staying up and playing games. Again showing some disregard for professional conduct. He was candid and I appreciated that but he indicted himself and some of his teammates with some comments.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
      Respect to Mehdi for being honest and acknowledging that Iran is finishing 4th in the group, instead of giving Iranian false hope.

The team is in a mess, everyone knows it's a mess so what's the point of pretending? This interview isn't what's causing problems in the team, this interview is happening Because there are problems in the team.

I also would not be surprised if he doesn't make the WC squad for speaking out publicly. Even if Skocic is sacked, I'd assume the higher ups would push for him to be cut by the yesman (Ghalenoi) they out in charge.
      would be riots if they cut him.. imagine they cut him and we get 3-0 loss their heads will be demanded (hopefully)

they rather think, let him go play, we already fkt up their preps, they will lose and he wont be as popular anymore, then we drop him, they will be so pissed if he scores a winner at wc

whole story stinks rigged, like that adam sandler prison american football movie where the warden rigged the game. iff is the warden,

edit: the longest yard
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1BF53bXP8I
      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

The idea of Canada being in cahoots with USA to ruin Iran's preparation is totally nuts. What you would have to believe is that Canada is willing to ruin their own WC preparation in order to ruin ours. They needed the Iran game as much as we needed the Canada game.

Countries that are in cahoots with USA just refuse our friendlies, like most of the world. But to sacrifice your own preparations to suck up to US is something else. And just because Canada is geographically close to US doesn't mean politically they are closer to US than Australia which is half way around the world.

Why do we have to twist everything so much to fit our narrative???

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
          Just my opinion here and lkely unpopular. While I enjoyed the interview I think the relaxed approach Adel took caused Mehdi to overhsare.
          At times Mehdi sounded like he felt he was above basic skills. Any quality footballer knows you have to constsntly work on the fundamentals as well as high skill drills. He also implicated himself as staying up and playing games. Again showing some disregard for professional conduct. He was candid and I appreciated that but he indicted himself and some of his teammates with some comments.
          The staff need to take responsibility. I’m sorry but these are major professional players who see the highest standards of coaching. Multiple have complained about the intensity and content of the sessions and instead of trusting their judgement we turn around and say they don’t know what’s good or bad training?

The standard is what was used for Sanat Naft, khoone be khoone, malavan, etc. not what is required to push national team to the next level. It was evident in the varzesh3 training clips (not TM IG produced ones).

This two week camp in Doha did the most harm to Skocic reputation amongst the players. Everybody knows he chose independently to go there as backup plan, he failed to do his due diligence or provide a training program that would ensure everybody got the maximum out of the time together. The players recognized that and since then is when his job really went under such threat

Comment

The staff need to take responsibility. I’m sorry but these are major professional players who see the highest standards of coaching. Multiple have complained about the intensity and content of the sessions and instead of trusting their judgement we turn around and say they don’t know what’s good or bad training?

The standard is what was used for Sanat Naft, khoone be khoone, malavan, etc. not what is required to push national team to the next level. It was evident in the varzesh3 training clips (not TM IG produced ones).

This two week camp in Doha did the most harm to Skocic reputation amongst the players. Everybody knows he chose independently to go there as backup plan, he failed to do his due diligence or provide a training program that would ensure everybody got the maximum out of the time together. The players recognized that and since then is when his job really went under such threat
            Yes I agree staff should have done more but these are supposedly professional players. No matter what you do ultimately if a player wants to sneak on a bus, stay up and play games late, or eat unhealthy during personal time they will do it. Accountability matters as much as oversight.

Also Skocic did not chose Qatar. As Adel stated cheapest option is what iff went for. Skocic all along believed Canada camp was a go. He was left with his hands tied after IFF failed to organize anything decent. He was very mindful of fatigue and stress on players which is why he ultimately didn't agree to fly to Uruguay.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
              The idea of Canada being in cahoots with USA to ruin Iran's preparation is totally nuts. What you would have to believe is that Canada is willing to ruin their own WC preparation in order to ruin ours. They needed the Iran game as much as we needed the Canada game.
              Countries that are in cahoots with USA just refuse our friendlies, like most of the world. But to sacrifice your own preparations to suck up to US is something else. And just because Canada is geographically close to US doesn't mean politically they are closer to US than Australia which is half way around the world.
              Yea that part wasn't smart.

Like there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for why that friendly got canceled (Soccer Canada + IFF being incompetent and lacking basic political knowledge about Iran- Canada relations). no reason to make shit up.

Also weird to live in Porto for two years and only go out 15 times. Come on Mehdi, what are you doing my guy? Porto is an amazing city with so much to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by iranghahreman View Post
                Is estili the one who didn't know what "in" and "out" means? expected better from him
                Estili cannot believe after so many years that he is in the TM apparatus.

I remember him being chucked out of the team hotel in 2018, even in 2006 he wasn't a guy they wanted around camp.

It is just another level of mess that this guy has the current role he has. He has no clue.

Comment

Name one coach that has qualified a team for WC and then quits. Not get fired, but quits..
                  Was this answer acceptable?

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                  Ange Postecoglou 2018
                  Carlos Queiroz 2002

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                    Taremi matured so much, good guy!
                    He's come a long way. Absolute arc.

Crazy thing is both professionally and personally he isn't done. Who knows what his ceiling can be

I am also proud of taremi for not cheapening himself like sardar and keeping silence until interview with a decent person (adel). No way any of our star players should lower themselves to level of such a rat like misaghi, shouldnt even give him the time of day.

And he did not defend wilmots, quite the opposite.

Some of what he said about skocic (extended lists, extra players having to do meaningless exercises behind goals during main training game, invites for so many players clearly not at the required level, etc) echoed exactly the sentiments of this forum and again highlight how badly out of his depth sko is. Sad but its the reality.
                    Such a juxtaposition - one speaks to Adel, the other speaks to this rodent Misaghi

Comment

Arta was right and what Taremi says aligns, he was the first one who pointed out Skocic's training drills.

Comment

I agreed with Arya, the drills/practice clips from these training sessions under Skocic always look really amateur.

I don't know if it's intentional or what

Comment

SOme lessons from the Taremi interview:

1) ESTILI SHOULD BE NOWHERE NEAR TM. This guy is the manager of the team, and the players are paying for their own tea and coffee during a national team camp? Like Mehdi said, this doesn't even happen at the CLUB LEVEL

2) Taremi bashing the federation and pointing out the coach's flaws is entirely justified. At this point, you cannot expect the players to shut up and play football. They are human beings and should be treated with dignity. If your national team federation is incapable of organizing basic plans, they must be called out and addressed. We can not live in a fairy tale land where the players focus on their performance and ignore the ineptitude of the professional staff. These people are paid to do their job well. If they suck, call their ass out

3) His answer about Wilmots was interesting. He basically said each player had varying opinions at the time. Puzzling given from the outside the team looked like a major mess and it was obvious he needed to be replaced. But Mehdi really didn't mention that.

4) I like how he was realistic about the situation. We're "under zero" in terms of prep. Which is sobering to hear because it's the truth. CQ would also stress preparation as being the most important factor to our success - Taremi is echoing that (asking the country really how we want to do - because the current condition doesn't reflect that we want to succeed).

5) Says a lot that he says CQ would not have made the same comments regarding Iranian players' lack of tactical skills that Skocic made

6) Frankly Adel seems like one of the most capable people in our football. Along with his impeccable English skills, I wish that they would give him a position on Iran's managerial/administrative staff.

Comment

1) Skocic being blamed for lack of preps is misplaced when that is the federation's job. 2) Taremi doing what he is doing, yet again, would've had him cut from TM by CQ a loooooong time ago.

Skocic being the right coach or not, Taremi is doing more to undermine and divide TM than Dragan ever could.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                              5) Says a lot that he says CQ would not have made the same comments regarding Iranian players' lack of tactical skills that Skocic made
                              This is the one area he was factually, so very incorrect. CQ had been so much more critical and repeatedly for many years about the poor level of football in our league. Not only his comments….even his actions of going to Swedish second division to bring in a midfielder to TM.

And anyway…CQ and Skocic are both coaches who have the right to make such comments and share their opinions. Mehdi’s reaction was extremely childish and unprofessional and this follow up is even more of a head basher IMO.

Mehdi looked really stupid here….
                              Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 07-16-2022, 09:23 PM.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Yeah, his ego was hurt there, especially after not getting called up. Definitely think it's part of the reason he has no issue bashing Skocic openly too (along with the other valid reasons, of course)

The big picture here is the pedigree of the coaches. CQ's resume speaks for itself, there's a level of respect he's accrued with TM along with his past experience at world class teams. Skocic doesn't have that or the clout to make such comments in Mehdi's eyes, leading to such a harsh reaction

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                                This is the one area he was factually, so very incorrect. CQ had been so much more critical and reappeared my for many years about the poor level of football in our league. Not only his comments….even his actions of going to Swedish second division to bring in a midfielder to TM.

Mehdi looked really stupid here for anyone who knows even just a little about CQ

And anyway…CQ and Skocic are both coaches who have the right to make such comments and share their opinions. Mehdi’s reaction was extremely childish and unprofessional and this follow up is even more of a head basher IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X