Originally posted by Abtin View Post
      unbelievable how the team dynamic changes, once a King returns 💙
      FACTS.

Comment

Queiroz returns 'home' to take up Iran post

14 September 2022 | 11:48
        Carlos Queiroz © Getty Images
        By Unknown Author
        Carlos Queiroz said he feels "at home" after he returned to Tehran on Wednesday to take charge of Iran for a third successive World Cup finals campaign.

The 69-year-old Portuguese coach was appointed to the post last Wednesday having previously been in charge of Iran for eight years, the longest stint in the national team's history.

That included appearances at the 2014 and 2018 World Cup finals where Iran exited in the group stage, although in the latter they beat Morocco for only their second win in football's global showpiece.

"As I said yesterday I feel (at) home, that's the best feeling that you can have," he said on arriving at the airport where he was surrounded by media and Iran supporters.

"I just hope that our work together can drive the dreams of Iran in the near future."

The appointment of the former Real Madrid coach followed a campaign pledge by the new head of Iran's football federation, Mehdi Taj.

Taj was elected president of the Iranian football federation last week, after previously occupying the role from 2016 to 2019.

Queiroz – who is perhaps best known for being assistant coach to Alex Ferguson at Manchester United on two occasions – replaced Dragan Skocic.

Skocic was sacked in July only to be reinstated days later.

Iran will be appearing at their sixth World Cup finals in Qatar.

They begin their campaign against England on November 21 and will also play Wales and round it off with the high-octane clash against the United States in Group B.

A previous meeting in a World Cup finals saw Iran beat the USA 2-1 in a 1998 group match.

Queiroz was last in charge of Egypt, quitting in April after failing to agree terms on a new contract.

The former South Africa, Portugal and Colombia national coach's first task will be two warm-up matches in September, against Uruguay and African champions Senegal in Austria on September 23 and 27 respectively.
        https://supersport.com/football/fifa...e_up_iran_post
        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

سرمربی تیم ملی فوتبال افزود: پس از صحبت با مسئولین فدراسیون، مطالعه و تحقیقاتی را انجام داده و کل لیگ فوتبال ایران و بازیکنان را زیر نظر داشتم.
          حال آمده ام تا همه را از نزدیک ببینم، همچنین بازی با روسیه را بررسی می کنیم و پس از برنامه ریزی دقیق، نظراتم را در مسیر جام جهانی قطر خواهم گفت.

Comment

In an interview, new TM assistant coach Roger de Sa reveals that IFF first contacted Queiroz regarding the possibility of coming back to TM about 1 week after he left Egypt:
            https://www.sabcsport.co.za/sabcspor...n-appointment/

Comment

unbelievable how the team dynamic changes, once a King returns 💙
              feels like the whole vibe and as you say, dynamic, is different... They are serious, none of this going to sleep at 2am, midnight hamburgers and unprofessional drills.

This is a world cup, time to get serious lads. Good signs

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                  Happy days..
                  what a twist in the story. and a positive one for once aswell. very unusual for us TM-fans following IFF over the years. if (when) tm goes to knockoutstage this success story will be a perfect movie

Id like to se different thankoff for Dragan Skocic

For all that he has done, which is fantastic results in hard times, he should have been thanked of with a surprise award celebration, getting his name in to Azadi complex for an example. small gesture but still something nice. and hope he doesnt have to go to cas..

we should do that or atleast something, for all our coaches, staff and players.

(maybe an idea instead of the statue suggesten that resulted in some good arguments both for and against it)

we could have for example for a player/coach or a whole team that reaches milestonez, makes something important and/or memorable etc.

1998 team, estili, team vs
                  australia, beiranvand in wc. ak8.. players pree 1998. gucci for goals in important games, jalal hosseini,
                  rahman ahmadi for brilliant and important short spell as TM goalie etc.

Saying whatever about the man, we have to give him respect for what he did. And not leave him insulted but instead show the appreciation in some way. This things also comes back to future TM as a returned favour, and its also about carry ourselves with respect. He shouldnt just be shown the backdoor like this, he should walk out proud from the main door and it doesnt make it look bad for CQ either as next coach, on the contrary it would be respectfull to that coach aswell.
                  a proper exit would aswell close the door for that chapter properly for the moment and no be root for speculations and possible frictions in media during coming months..

Us fans should push for that in the near future. it would be the most correct thing to do of IFF against D.S, TM, the fans and the people.. (kateb call iff woman lol)
                  just my view on the whole thing after the last months.
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Guys, I did a blast to the past and looked up CQs Post Match Conference vs Portugal and this is why many of us here on this forum love this guy: He blasted the refs, the VAR room and even Infantino himself for allowing Ronaldo to walk away with a yellow card after the notorious elbow on Pour Ali Ganjis face! He wittingly said, my daughter is pregnant and want to know if Im going to be grand dad or not! not maybe not possibly! its either a YES shes Preg or no shes not! Elbow to the face is NOT a VAR decision its a red card! Not yellow because FIFA feels Christiano is above the law! HE called on Infantino to stop this! He even said he might get sanctioned for his comment but he will make it anyway, as he was already pissed off just after the IRan- spain game where a Saeid EZZ goal was suspiciously disallowed for no particular reason! tying the game and Basically Robbing Iran of the second round! I love his passion, his daring comments and his defense of his team, federation and the Iranian nations pride No one in the last 42 years has fought for this and never showed so much commitment to us! Lets all give his 100% positive energy as this Middle Eastern World Cup is ours to dominate to show the World , we might be the Black sheep of the world under IRI, but Iranians are not all this, we are a 3,000 year old nation with lots to offer , lots of courage, lots of grit and just as we have persevered under IRI we shall persevere and show our best to achieve what we all reamed of! ALL HAIL THE KING-CQ!!

Comment

CQ will meet press for 15 minutes of questions tomorrow afternoon (Tehran time) at Azadi stadium. I think right before practice.

Comment

Comment

Swipe for more pics

Comment

Comment

As I told Kiarash, he Haven’t even been in the country 24 hours yet, and already more dedicated than his predecessors 😂 gotta love the King! 💙

Comment

As I told Kiarash, he Haven’t even been in the country 24 hours yet, and already more dedicated than his predecessors 😂 gotta love the King! 💙
                                Dedication.

My nightmares about the world cup have turned to dreams.

Comment

Working...
                                X