X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diz View Post
    20 days to go!!!
    How can you be excited about a game when innocent Iranians are being killed, tortured, raped and beaten as I type this?

I already have tickets and lodging for the World Cup. I purchased everything as soon as it became available months ago. But all I can think about are the people in Iran putting their lives on the line everyday in their fight for freedom.

At the World Cup if Iran scores I'm not celebrating. I'm only still going so that I can try to use the World Cup as a platform for protesting the IR. I'm expecting the majority of the players to protest. If they don't then I'm leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post

the first world cup ever which nobody feels yet ? i have 0 feeling, it seems like the whole world doesnt care about WC alot this year, absolutely seen nothing much on tv or people in europe talking about it.............20 days wow
      I guess people are busy with CL and European leagues these days. They all stop only one week before wc, that's why few talk about wc this time

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post

How can you be excited about a game when innocent Iranians are being killed, tortured, raped and beaten as I type this?

I already have tickets and lodging for the World Cup. I purchased everything as soon as it became available months ago. But all I can think about are the people in Iran putting their lives on the line everyday in their fight for freedom.

At the World Cup if Iran scores I'm not celebrating. I'm only still going so that I can try to use the World Cup as a platform for protesting the IR. I'm expecting the majority of the players to protest. If they don't then I'm leaving.

Are you being sarcastic??

In case you're not.... People are allowed to still watch a sport and have fun doing so, especially during a time like this where we can all use the uplift.

Especially since this is a an unrelated matter : sports.

I take it you have seized all forms of entertainment as well? Have you boycotted anything that makes you happy, even if it's completely unrelated to politics?

I wonder how fair it would be if your job relied on support from the outside (customers, fans etc) in order for you to succeed and yet they all stop supporting you, even though you've done nothing wrong and aren't responsible for unrelated political / human rights issues.

Stop questioning other people for being excited about their favourite sporting event, acting like it means they don't care about what's happening in Iran.

Unless you have double standards, you should not leave home for any fun activities and please make sure you don't smile, get excited or happy about anything until Iran changes.

Lolll why on earth are you even on this forum, and why are you even still going to the world cup??? Haha 😂😂🤣. If you're questioning others, you should just boycott this world cup anyway, instead of travelling to watch it lollll incredible.

You want to use it to protest? Go to Iran and protest there instead of at world cup if you think nobody should care about it.

Comment

Ladys and Gentleman, this weeks hypocrite award goes to.

Comment

The TM players keep up their indoor and outdoor training and practicing. They worked out with U21 players.

Kananizadegan and Khalilzad's fate is currently being reviewed by IFF and QFF, and it is hoped that both players will be able to train before this week's end.​*

Comment

They aren't going to protest. As you can see, none of the players even wore a black wristband in CL or UL. Only in some of their domestic matches.

They are also going to be closely monitored while in Qatar. Pretty sure neither CQ or their handlers will let them wear symbolic things or bring Politics into things.

As for how can I be looking forward to the WC?
              The same way majority of the Iranian public is going about their daily lives as their fellow countryfolk are being massacred and tortured. Why would I self-flaggelate more than most people in Iran? They are the ones living there.

That's not to say most people support the regime, of course they don't, it's just that they haven't chosen to part take in civil disobedience, so I'm not going to either

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                Hotels in UAE, Saudi are booked for visitors in WC. These mother fcukers in charge in Iran first started to say some games will be played in Iran, kasi khayashonam ina ro hesab nakard. Then we are open to hold some countries camps in kish, onam pashm. Then our hotels are ready to host visitors, onam be an neshast

K. Sher ke kontor nadare!
                Not a single tourist booked his hotel in iran! And that's even before current situation.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Even with proper planning these assholes in IR would f*** it up because they refuse to make any sort of accommodation for tourists and our own people. Even with the best project managers, construction firms, and service - the authorities in charge are against any sort of advertising and rules that would make a tourist comfortable in Iran.

Forget about tourists, they could have built a few decent football training facilities and had a few of the World Cup teams stay there. Instead they wasted time and focused on things like bashing people in the head for dancing.

Comment

I doubt they care if they wear black wristbands or not. I think they may just do that because they can't do anything else (like wear a t-shirt underneath). The players wore red wristbands in 2018 against Spain, I don't think QFF can do a damn thing about wrist bands or any other band.

Comment

Guys Japan just announced their WC roster (they’re the first team to do so). Does anyone know when squads must be announced by?
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                      Guys Japan just announced their WC roster (they’re the first team to do so). Does anyone know when squads must be announced by?
                      November 14th is the deadline for the 26 man squad.

I saw a few places that say November 11th.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

November 14th is the deadline for the 26 man squad.

I saw a few places that say November 11th.
                        Damn, that’s so freaking late, wtf fifa! CQ is gonna take full advantage of that deadline and not submit it until 11:59pm. November 14th
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

They aren't going to protest. As you can see, none of the players even wore a black wristband in CL or UL. Only in some of their domestic matches.

They are also going to be closely monitored while in Qatar. Pretty sure neither CQ or their handlers will let them wear symbolic things or bring Politics into things.

The same way majority of the Iranian public is going about their daily lives as their fellow countryfolk are being massacred and tortured. Why would I self-flaggelate more than most people in Iran? They are the ones living there.

That's not to say most people support the regime, of course they don't, it's just that they haven't chosen to part take in civil disobedience, so I'm not going to either
                          Agree with majority of your post but taremi, moharrami, ansarifard have all been wearing wristbands in CL/EL. Taremi didn't wear one last week but did vs leverkusen if I'm not mistaken. Moharrami has worn one every match

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

This is inaccurate.

A lot of players have been wearing black wristbands, both in CL/UL and league games - from Taremi to Majid Hosseini to Moharrami.

Many have also posted stories and posts about the protests as well. Let's not diminish their efforts and solidarity because that's how you feel.
                            "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

golbezanpodcast.com
                              twitter.com/GolBezan
                              instagram.com/GolBezan
                              youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Baba stop this stuff. How do you go to work everyday? Do you still laugh and smile? Do you still eat sweets and treat yourself to coffee? How could you do this while people are suffering? Why don't we all just wear black everyday for the rest of our lives and keep a frown on our faces because people continue to suffer and die?

Comment

Working...
                                X