Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I get what most of you guys are saying, I'd have to say personally I've been very emotionally and mentally drained last 5-6 weeks and definitely not the usual self. I haven't watched a single Liverpool game bar the match vs. Man City in the last month for example. Football just feels a bit meh now. but again it depends on person and I don't expect an introvert calmer person to get hit as an emotionally and hyper extrovert as myself. Everyone deals with it differently. I miss Iran so much and I'm desperate to go back there after a loooooooooooooooong time and hopefully live there and help in rebuild.

Foreign friends who see, keep asking about Iran situation very actively btw ...

and to give a note to The's post, I don't think we'll be able to kick the occupiers out and reclaim our. country without collective sacrifices and acts of civil disobedience, of course much much much more important for our fellow hamvatans in Iran, compared to us abroad. Without taking some risks or sacrificing some of our safe routine, it'll be very hard to succeed.

Could be as simple as writing slogans on bills / walls.

Ever since the "Whatever you were doing, just step up one step" request that went viral in Iranian social media last week, I've noticed some relatives in Iran that weren't posting much on Insta stories for example, becoming a lot more active and vocal.

Also, my Telegram high school friends channel is very interesting to see those in Iran (in war-mode, focus now solely and solely to destroy IR by any means) compared those outside (what about after, we have to start the conversation? don't curse so much bla bla)...

also as expected, friends who aren't married with children are braver and more vocal as they have less to lose which is normal human psychology.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

November 14th is the deadline for the 26 man squad.

I saw a few places that say November 11th.
      Coaches and Federations will be under enormous pressure to decide on their squads! I don't even think that many teams have friendly matches before those dates.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post

Baba stop this stuff. How do you go to work everyday? Do you still laugh and smile? Do you still eat sweets and treat yourself to coffee? How could you do this while people are suffering? Why don't we all just wear black everyday for the rest of our lives and keep a frown on our faces because people continue to suffer and die?
        You're right. Fuck it all lets just move on with our lives and enjoy the world cup right? 🙄

Best is all the fools that argue world cup is gonna be our best chance to have the likes of amiri and Torabi be the voice of our people at the "big stage".

Throughout this whole mess, I have learnt that there are 4 groups of iranians:
        regime supporters, those that are doing the dirty work om the streets (true champs), those that care, and those that don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post

This is inaccurate.

A lot of players have been wearing black wristbands, both in CL/UL and league games - from Taremi to Majid Hosseini to Moharrami.

Many have also posted stories and posts about the protests as well. Let's not diminish their efforts and solidarity because that's how you feel.
          I think in European competition, each player just wore a wristband once, or didn't celebrate a goal (Karim). I mean Mehdi already celebrating goals. I might be wrong about moharami though.

Social media posts aalthough meaningful, are not as powerful as making a statement on the pitch or interviews.

Basically what I'm getting at is at the world cup itself it's very unlikely our players make a statement. They will be closely monitored and coach seems not like "distractions". The only thing bringing attention to the situation in Iran will be foreign media.
          Last edited by The; 11-02-2022, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pouya View Post

You're right. Fuck it all lets just move on with our lives and enjoy the world cup right? 🙄

Best is all the fools that argue world cup is gonna be our best chance to have the likes of amiri and Torabi be the voice of our people at the "big stage".

Throughout this whole mess, I have learnt that there are 4 groups of iranians:
            regime supporters, those that are doing the dirty work om the streets (true champs), those that care, and those that don't care.
            I think every persian care to their own level. The worst thing we can do is create division among Persians by start saying who cares and who don't CARE. EVERYONE CARE TO THEIR OWN LEVEL.NO ONE IS MORE PERSIAN THAN ANOTHER PERSIAN because they watch
            extra hour of youtube clips on iran protest. Or send more tweets than next guy......

same goes for soccer fans we have soccer fans on different levels
            As well..
            because kateb watches every persepolis match 2 times
            Does that make kateb more persepolisi fan than the person watches it once? Answer is no
            both kateb and the person only watches the match once are both persepolisi . Kateb choices to watches the game 2 times , that dose not make kateb more perspolisi than a fan which watches the match only one time.....it makes kateb more interested to the game but not more perspolisi.

Comment

*-Today's TM training continued.
              *_Khalizad and Kananizadegan joined the training today.
              *_Hazbavi and Sadeghi, who trained with U21 players alongside TM players, parted ways with them to join Foulad and Esteghlal for today's games.
              *_Players from Esteghlal will attend TM training tomorrow.​

Comment

2022 FIFA World Cup Tactical Preview: Iran

November 2022 by Adam Scully

TFA

​

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post

TFA

​
                  Change karim whit Azmoun, he will be back before the wc

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post

I think every persian care to their own level. The worst thing we can do is create division among Persians by start saying who cares and who don't CARE. EVERYONE CARE TO THEIR OWN LEVEL.NO ONE IS MORE PERSIAN THAN ANOTHER PERSIAN because they watch
                    extra hour of youtube clips on iran protest. Or send more tweets than next guy......

As well..
                    Does that make kateb more persepolisi fan than the person watches it once? Answer is no
                    both kateb and the person only watches the match once are both persepolisi . Kateb choices to watches the game 2 times , that dose not make kateb more perspolisi than a fan which watches the match only one time.....it makes kateb more interested to the game but not more perspolisi.

Great post
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Also I read Japan is the first team to release the wc squad. Some cried about CQ going to wait until last second. But if you think about it, its pretty easy for the Japani to make changes without anybody noticing..

Im just saying...

All named Wu or Wang and same lenght and same eyes and face, its easy to swap.

Offcouce one could say half our squad is named Ali Reza but still..

no offence to japan its just a jk, japan is a classy team with classy people.

Just ask the dolphins

anyway, Iran, Korea and Japan is teams i like, rest of afc is grassoll allstars
                      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post

As well..
                        Kateb jan you're very good at your responses and they make a great argument but the truth is some people actually don't really care and only wish that these protests end so things go back to the way they were just so they can watch their soccer in peace, post their instagram stories like before and go about their day as if everything is normal.

Comment

Today
                          TM Practice & U21

Comment

Originally posted by Pouya View Post

Kateb jan you're very good at your responses and they make a great argument but the truth is some people actually don't really care and only wish that these protests end so things go back to the way they were just so they can watch their soccer in peace, post their instagram stories like before and go about their day as if everything is normal.
                            Pouya jan
                            there are families out there that infact many
                            they don't discuss politics or infact
                            they hate politics and never ever talk about it.
                            hAve you heard of of term
                            Ma na Sarah peeyazim
                            na Tah peeyazim ..

I would say from 85 million there are 15 million like that.
                            end of the day they are as persian as any other persian.
                            We need to have high tolerance for each other opinions, I have
                            that expectations from people that have lived outside of iran for
                            Many years to discuss politics in an none offensive way with
                            each other .

Comment

TFA

​
                              If sarlak is healthy that boy can run
                              and he don't make mental mistakes and he likes to seat back.
                              Combo of Saeed and Sarlak =crazy glue which will attach the the d to midfield , ALSO VAhid amiri will be good there as well
                              but if we GOING TO PARK THE TRAIN Sarlak is better choice.ali karimi is an option.

Golizadeh? loooooooool
                              i think j.b will start there
                              But I would start Ramin rezaiyan there
                              He will help defensively more than just or goli
                              and he can cross nice balls
                              And he has physical ability which is need it.

Karim ansarifard NO NO NO

Comment

TFA

​
                                Omid Ebrahimi should start over Sarlak.
                                We've also seen many many times that Gholizadeh is horrible when he starts.
                                Majid Hosseini over Shoja in CB.
                                I'm okay with starting Karim in the England game, but prefer Sardar in US/Wales games.

Comment

Working...
                                X