Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly: Iran - Algeria; Info, Updates and Live Reports (12.06.2022)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    Can I stop you right there?

Why do we have to...?

We got rid of one of the best coaches in football history much closer to the world cup than we are now - Tomislav Ivic.

There is time.
    At this point, I'll take an Iranian coach. It cant get worse. Tactically, we're a mess. As we are in terms of cohesion and camaraderie. Might as well try to improve the latter, at the least.

Comment

^ Going into a major international tournament with an amateur coach, poor preparation, and no friendlies is the definition of risk.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
        Can I stop you right there?

Why do we have to...?

We got rid of one of the best coaches in football history much closer to the world cup than we are now - Tomislav Ivic.

There is time.
        Dr. Strangemoosh, because this incompetent IFF will not fire a coach they really believe in only five months before the W.C. When a new coach comes in there is also a transition period. This IFF is risk-averse and does not want people to come back at them and say why did you fire Skocic five months before the W.C. and we got 0 or 1 points out of the W.C. They will get more fingers pointed at them if they fire him and do poorly at the W.C. then if they keep him and do poorly at the W.C; they can always point to good results he got in Asian world cup qualifying and say that we went with a guy with proven results with this particular team.

This IFF is very risk averse. In most of its history it's been risk averse.

Comment

I have repeated several times but Sarlak + Nourallahi + nourafkan have nothing to do near TM. Abedzadeh shouldn't be n1, is short and is doing mistakes after mistakes.
          If skocic or any TM coach don't understand this, no need to have any expectations nor lose our time watching the games

Comment

Our ball control tactics don't match our skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran Doost View Post
              Our ball control tactics don't match our skills.
              The issue is, our players are good individually and have great talent, no doubt about that. Though, they won't have time to gel before the WC, and larger/main issue is they're not used to meet great/strong opponents on a regular basis collectively. Keep playing Lebanon, Syria and Iraq will never get them anywhere.

Comment

Continue convo here: https://www.persianfootball.com/foru...and-Discussion
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                X