This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post

Who remembers when he said JB has to score easy goals after a couple of JB's spectacular goals?!!
    That quote is right up there with my personal favorite from Potter (paraphrasing):

"Alireza is good enough for the starting XI, but not the bench"

Comment

As I have said many times, Potter is a clueless and classless coach. His luck was that he was English in a league desperate for English coaches. His main strength was a PR firm that kept his name in the press. He had one better-than-mediocre season at BHA and they used it to land a job for him at Chelsea. $700mil and a few months later, he took the UCL champion and pushed them down to the lower half of the league.

JBs quality as a footballer is really irrelevant to Potter's failures. But, I remember that Potter benched him after every good outing that JB had, destroying his confidence. Who remembers when he said JB has to score easy goals after a couple of JB's spectacular goals?!!

Also, sadly, even many TM supporters did not have faith in ARJ after what happened at Brighton.

They think: “Well, if he was good enough, he’d play” or “EPL is the highest level, he’s not good enough.”

Initially at Feyenoord, he looked a shell of his old self from when he won the Golden Boot in 2017-2018. But we’ve all seen, with time, his coach’s trust in him, he looks confident, and a much better player—far from being washed up.

He is either assisting or scoring in every game now, for the number one team in the league.

Comment

As I have said many times, Potter is a clueless and classless coach. His luck was that he was English in a league desperate for English coaches. His main strength was a PR firm that kept his name in the press. He had one better-than-mediocre season at BHA and they used it to land a job for him at Chelsea. $700mil and a few months later, he took the UCL champion and pushed them down to the lower half of the league.

JBs quality as a footballer is really irrelevant to Potter's failures. But, I remember that Potter benched him after every good outing that JB had, destroying his confidence. Who remembers when he said JB has to score easy goals after a couple of JB's spectacular goals?!!

bias aside as a TM and JB fan…..that was the single, dumbest thing I have ever seen a coach do. Benching a player who is hot, showing signs of getting hit by benching them or not including them in the match day squad. It goes against any bit of logic in the coaching book and potter could never understand that. Modern day example is Ziyech after performing so well in the WC. There’s always a few examples with that fool, it’s not just JB.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

From the comment section of Feyenoord Insta Page:

Ali is the silent hero of the season. Hij vecht elke wedstrijd weer en veel betrokken bij belangrijke goals.
          IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

match day

Comment

Starting in the cup semi final match vs Ajax. The match starts at 11 am pacific on GolTV for U.S. viewers.

Comment

Not a good start so far for him

Comment

Damn. He had a good chance but was too indecisive. He should have shot it

Comment

Holy shit Alireza riiid.

Comment

Ahh. JB collides with Pedersen and Ajax scores. Poor communication there.

Comment

Jahanbakhsh defensive mistake and Ajax scores

Should’ve let the defender clear it

English commentator calling him out for it

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                          Jahanbakhsh defensive mistake and Ajax scores

Should’ve let the defender clear it

English commentator calling him out for it
                          True but JB didn't see him, when Pedersen saw JB. It was Pedersen's responsibility to call JB off.

Comment

Oh man. He missed a sitter. His confidence is spiralling now.

Comment

My god what a miss by ARJ!!

Comment

Jahanbakhsh just missed a wide open chance in the 25th minute…

He’s not playing well today

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Working...
                                X