This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post

Let's really see what he did at Swansea. He took a just-relegated EPL team and finished all the way up at 10th in the second division. hmmmmm. Would not call that success but a failure. His successor at Swansea did way better the next season.

Because he failed so miserably, he got a job at BHA. In his first three seasons, he never finished higher than the coach who was fired before him. It was only last season that he finished higher. And he was immediately awarded the Chelsea job!!! If you roll the dice a few times, eventually you may get a double-six. No other coach in the EPL is given 4 years to achieve a half-decent result.

His replacement at BHA has done really well, even with a somewhat depleted squad. Meanwhile, at Chelsea, the World Club Champion, EFL, and FA finalist team was handed to him. The team had spent ~$300mil in the summer and another few hundred mils in Jan. The results? Now at 11th!!

It is beyond me how anyone thinks he is a good manager or a "success". He lacks basic leadership skills, too full of himself, does not take responsibility for the results, and blames his players. His results are mediocre at best, worse than most coaches who have been fired. He should go back to the Swedish 5th division.

His only positive is that he is English in a league that desperately wants an English coach to succeed. And his PR firm.
    He was successful at BHA and that is why Chelsea snatched him. His third season he took the team of minnows to 9th in EPL. Ask yourself this...why would a must succeed club like Chelsea go after him? Because he was/is highly regarded.

And man-management is most talked about quality he possesses. Spend 5 minutes on Google and you will find lots of references to his man-management technique...whole articles are written on it.

He was not the best coach in EPL but he is considered a top level talent.

Ever since his injuries, JB is a totally different player. He is slower and much less aggressive. He prances instead of presses! He is not EPL material..not physically and not mentally.

He is a very successful player for TM ...for all the little success that TM has had. He is great against Asian opponents. But he sucked in the WC...like most others.

He is a solid player among Iranians, but can't hold a starting spot even in his current team.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
      He was successful at BHA and that is why Chelsea snatched him. His third season he took the team of minnows to 9th in EPL. Ask yourself this...why would a must succeed club like Chelsea go after him? Because he was/is highly regarded.

And man-management is most talked about quality he possesses. Spend 5 minutes on Google and you will find lots of references to his man-management technique...whole articles are written on it.

He was not the best coach in EPL but he is considered a top level talent.

Ever since his injuries, JB is a totally different player. He is slower and much less aggressive. He prances instead of presses! He is not EPL material..not physically and not mentally.

He is a very successful player for TM ...for all the little success that TM has had. He is great against Asian opponents. But he sucked in the WC...like most others.

He is a solid player among Iranians, but can't hold a starting spot even in his current team.
      He is a failed coach, except in Sweden. The rest is PR by his marketing agency. The results speak for themselves. The teams he has coached do better before he arrives and do better after he leaves. Those references you are talking about are wishy-washy articles pushed by his PR firm. TRUST me, everyone at BHA knows that. Go make a change to his Wiki page and say something negative, and it won't take 5 minutes before it is erased. He landed at Chelsea because the new owners were stupid enough to fire a known coach with outstanding results, a serial winner, only to hire a pretender. Now it has been proven.

It was his fourth season at BHA, and after spending good money he finally did better than the guy who was fired before him. No other coach got 4 seasons to do better than they guy who was fired before him. As they say in Brighton, it was BHA that made Potter, not the other way around.

Spend 5 minutes reviewing his results and it becomes obvious that the only thing going for him is his PR and nationality.

Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post

He is a failed coach, except in Sweden. The rest is PR by his marketing agency. The results speak for themselves. The teams he has coached do better before he arrives and do better after he leaves. Those references you are talking about are wishy-washy articles pushed by his PR firm. TRUST me, everyone at BHA knows that. Go make a change to his Wiki page and say something negative, and it won't take 5 minutes before it is erased. He landed at Chelsea because the new owners were stupid enough to fire a known coach with outstanding results, a serial winner, only to hire a pretender. Now it has been proven.

It was his fourth season at BHA, and after spending good money he finally did better than the guy who was fired before him. No other coach got 4 seasons to do better than they guy who was fired before him. As they say in Brighton, it was BHA that made Potter, not the other way around.

Spend 5 minutes reviewing his results and it becomes obvious that the only thing going for him is his PR and nationality.
        Okay, he is a failed coach... millions in his bank account attest to that.

Brighton reached 9th place under him as a stochastic event.

BHA barely missing relegation under Hughton in 17th place did not occur.

Potter crossed the border from Sweden and turned from successful to failure.

Chelsea were fooled by his PR firm.

Saman did not thrive under him.

The league with the largest proportion of foreign coaches anywhere in the world prefers the English coach.

I agree with you.

Comment

Man, I'm sensing some animosity here. The bottom line is that we are all passionate about OUR PLAYERS. Potter was NOT good for one of our players. The rest is irrelevant. I don't give two Shittes about Pothead, I want AJB to succeed (no matter what league he's in) and make us look good and provide opportunities for future players to be given shots.

Comment

Baba doostan, Potter is History. Bekeshin azash biron. The fact is that ARJ is doing great and have had a good season, most probably win his first league title in his European career. With some luck and smart decisions, he might end up in a better league and better team next season where he ends his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
              Baba doostan, Potter is History. Bekeshin azash biron. The fact is that ARJ is doing great and have had a good season, most probably win his first league title in his European career. With some luck and smart decisions, he might end up in a better league and better team next season where he ends his career.
              I think Dutch league and being in and out in Feyenoord (with a coach that knows him) is his ceiling. I don't think he will survive in a better league/team (maybe in Italy). The best offers will come for his youngest teammate and/or with a better nationality. He will only get average-bottom league clubs offer from top leagues at best.
              May be a better situation to stay in Feyenoord and play CL there.

Comment

Hope he finishen off his career and then starts agency in Holland.. Alireza and Reza Agency with Gucci, so we can finally get our boy Ghaedi to dutch league before he is 39 🙏🙂
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                  Hope he finishen off his career and then starts agency in Holland.. Alireza and Reza Agency with Gucci, so we can finally get our boy Ghaedi to dutch league before he is 39 🙏🙂
                  Do you imagine Ghaedi in a country with the tallest people of the world?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Do you imagine Ghaedi in a country with the tallest people of the world?
                    I mean Francisco Conceicao is doing okay, it all depends on his training. But I agree that Eredivisie might not be suitable for him but Liga nos fits his status. Looking at his current physique right now even UAE or Qatar league is too much for him. He needs to work on his physique.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post

I mean Francisco Conceicao is doing okay, it all depends on his training. But I agree that Eredivisie might not be suitable for him but Liga nos fits his status. Looking at his current physique right now even UAE or Qatar league is too much for him. He needs to work on his physique.
                      Liga Nos might fit his status but....Liga Chos fits his stature :-)

Comment

Arne slot is a candidate for the Tottenham job!

https://www.espn.com/soccer/tottenha...am-job-sources

I hope he gets it, he deserves it. He’s done great with feyenoord and he has done well with Ali. Can you just imagine if he brings JB back to the prem and Ali gets to stick it to BHA
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

I hope he gets it, he deserves it. He’s done great with feyenoord and he has done well with Ali. Can you just imagine if he brings JB back to the prem and Ali gets to stick it to BHA
                          Would like to se ARJ in Tottenham! What a comeback it would be to the PL!

But id bet that they be title contenders if they sign Taremi instead.. Same goes with Man U..
                          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

Ali is vastly ill-suited to EPL intense level of competition and if he couldnt cut it in his prime years in EPL, he sure as shitt is'nt able to do so now that he can barely retain a regular playing time in the farmers league of western EU..!!
                            besides even if, with the $orta budget and tight leash afforded at Totts highly doubtful Arne entertaining such silly thoughts ..!!?

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post

Seing the highlights of Karims latest games, maybe greece would fit him. A lot of open attack and poor defendings judging Only by those highlights

It was like watching 4vs4 in NHL overtime, perfect for Ghaedistyle
                              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post

Seing the highlights of Karims latest games, maybe greece would fit him. A lot of open attack and poor defendings judging Only by those highlights

It was like watching 4vs4 in NHL overtime, perfect for Ghaedistyle
                                Yea bro Greece would probably fit him well, but why would he even waste his time there if he can get offers from Liga Nos . Got couple of friends from greece and even they think their league is full of it. Liga nos has greate connections to Top 3 leagues.

IMO the best route for iranians to reach top leagues is thro Liga Nos.

Comment

Working...
                                X