This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taremi took FC Porto's high pressure to Qatar

This data reflects one of the hallmarks of FC Porto, the high and constant pressure on the ball carrier.

Mundial'2022 ended in the group stage for Iran, but Mehdi Taremi still appears with some prominence in a chapter. We are talking about the players who most often applied defensive pressure, that is, according to FIFA criteria, actions by a player without the ball to shorten the space of an opponent who has it or is about to receive it.

The analysis was carried out by the company "Venn Analysis" and places the FC Porto forward in eighth place in the average for 90 minutes: 58 attempts. All other players with higher records were at least until the round of 16, in a table led by the Japanese Daizen Maeda, with 89.

Six places below Mehdi comes the best Portuguese on the list, Bernardo Silva, with 55. This data reflects one of the hallmarks of FC Porto, the high and constant pressure on the ball carrier, which Taremi took with him to Qatar.​

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-15473958.html

Comment

Taca League Cup Group A match against Vizela in an hour. Taremi on the bench (as with most of the WC players).

Comment

Special guests

Comment

Lol Toni M scores in 2’ by picking the GK's pocket (much like Mehdi would).

Comment

Taremi came on at halftime and just scored a PK for 4-0

Comment

Mehdi drills the PK

Comment

PK king is back

Comment

Erased your post.

With all respect.

As we have stated so many times this lasts month:

WARNED
                  YOU ARE WELCOME TO POST YOUR COMMENT IN OUR GENERAL FORUM THOUGH!
                  there you can critisize this if you want and your post wont get delated,
                  here you will be banned for spamming with another one.

/Keshw

DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    PK king is back

I rate club football higher than nation team football but how depressing it is to come back to club football so quickly, specially on tokhmi leagues after world cup.
                    This world cup was far from perfect but it was still nice

Comment

Not long till he is back in the Champions League, is it next month?

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                        Not long till he is back in the Champions League, is it next month?
                        Stadio San Siro-Milan

Round of 16, 1st leg

Wed 22 Feb

Inter

FC Internazionale Milano

Porto

FC Porto
                        Match summary
                        • Inter have won 2 of 4 meetings
                        • Porto claimed 1 victory, other ended level

Watch: All Porto's Champions League group stage goals.

Watch: The sides meet in the 2005 round of 16.

Watch: Almeida's spectacular strike for Porto against Inter when the sides met in the 2005/06 group stage.

vids in the link scroll down
                        Inter-Porto | UEFA Champions League 2022/23 | UEFA.com
                        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Seems like a group leading by him specially and JB. Karim and Hajsafi were in contact with Nabi and Taj gang to get rid of Sko.
                          I don't rate Sko at all. He wasn't anything special but the whole operation was disgusting.
                          Hope we get rid of this mentality and players like this who are just poisoning the locker room.
                          Discipline first doesn't matter how talented you are.
                          Dehdari in 88 build a totally new team with many future stars when 13 veterans refused to play for him. He just showed his middle fingers to them by introducing many young talents.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                            Seems like a group leading by him specially and JB. Karim and Hajsafi were in contact with Nabi and Taj gang to get rid of Sko.
                            I don't rate Sko at all. He wasn't anything special but the whole operation was disgusting.
                            Hope we get rid of this mentality and players like this who are just poisoning the locker room.
                            Discipline first doesn't matter how talented you are.
                            Dehdari in 88 build a totally new team with many future stars when 13 veterans refused to play for him. He just his middle fingers to them by introducing many talents.

I disagree. The players were exposed to a high standard of professionalism, preparation, and planning under CQ. They were genuinely worried about the way Skocic was steering the ship for the WC, and believed the fans deserve better.

Once you’re exposed to a higher level, you won’t accept regression. I think team melli deserves someones who’s at the very least, at CQ’s level.

It will be a tragic mistake, if we resort back to Brankoesque, Ghotbiesque, coaches again.

Comment

Yes it was disgusting operation but I give Taremi a pass for Skocic situation because he has worked for two much more demanding and experienced coaches, CQ and SC, without any problems and even being the star player. And at least if he wanted the coach out, he backed it up with decent performance. For JB or Ansarifard what difference it made?

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19
                                Which high standard?
                                Taking bunch of old farts to WC. Having clearly big fitness issue. And being one of the slowest teams there.
                                This is just a myopic, incomplete view. Skocic had called up a few players who I wouldn't even take on my rec-league outdoor team. (For the record, I am being serious.. no exaggeration)

CQ had what.. two months to prepare? Please answer this question: how is a coach supposed to evaluate all possible talent for the national team, in two months? With three friendlies, if I am not mistaken. How is that possible? So what CQ did was call on players he trusted from his previous campaign.

I don't know why people keep ignoring this fact. If he had even 6 months with TM, I'd give more credence to criticisms of him. I do think he messed up his selection (but not the tactics) in the first half versus USA, but so what. I could also say that if Sayyadmanesh had not been injured right before the WC, or if Azmoun were fit, we would have beaten USA.

In fact, even as poor as we were in that game, USA was sooooo lucky to get away with their win. It took their best player (Pulisic) turning himself into a human lawn dart to latch on to a cross, to get the win. Otherwise, for all their chances, USA were bad. They were very lucky that we "couldn't hit the ocean from a beach", in the second half.

I was one of many who was totally baffled by the selection of Cheshmi, but in the end, CQ was right on that decision. He also proved, unlike what others here have erroneously repeated, that he has different plans for different games. Case-in-point, look how we played against Wales.

At the end, of the last three WC trips, we had the most points, most goals scored, and the most chances. We just didn't have the most luck or fitness.

Comment

Working...
                                X