This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scooter View Post

This is just a myopic, incomplete view. Skocic had called up a few players who I wouldn't even take on my rec-league outdoor team. (For the record, I am being serious.. no exaggeration)

CQ had what.. two months to prepare? Please answer this question: how is a coach supposed to evaluate all possible talent for the national team, in two months? With three friendlies, if I am not mistaken. How is that possible? So what CQ did was call on players he trusted from his previous campaign.

I don't know why people keep ignoring this fact. If he had even 6 months with TM, I'd give more credence to criticisms of him. I do think he messed up his selection (but not the tactics) in the first half versus USA, but so what. I could also say that if Sayyadmanesh had not been injured right before the WC, or if Azmoun were fit, we would have beaten USA.

In fact, even as poor as we were in that game, USA was sooooo lucky to get away with their win. It took their best player (Pulisic) turning himself into a human lawn dart to latch on to a cross, to get the win. Otherwise, for all their chances, USA were bad. They were very lucky that we "couldn't hit the ocean from a beach", in the second half.

I was one of many who was totally baffled by the selection of Cheshmi, but in the end, CQ was right on that decision. He also proved, unlike what others here have erroneously repeated, that he has different plans for different games. Case-in-point, look how we played against Wales.

At the end, of the last three WC trips, we had the most points, most goals scored, and the most chances. We just didn't have the most luck or fitness.
    No one said usa was good, we were bad and slow, CQ made god out of usa.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

The crowd chanting his name never gets old

Comment

^Dear all. Love the passion for discussing TM and CQ, but please take them to other threads (ie TM thread, etc). This is a Mehdi Taremi thread.

Thank you.

Comment

Taremi has an offer in his hands to renew. His representative is expected in Porto next week.​

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
              ^Dear all. Love the passion for discussing TM and CQ, but please take them to other threads (ie TM thread, etc). This is a Mehdi Taremi thread.

Thank you.
              My bad. Sorry

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Taremi has an offer in his hands to renew. His representative is expected in Porto next week.​
                Hope that doesn’t mean he’s staying

Comment

might as well..!!
                  hopefully a respectable, lucrative extension..!!

i just dont see any serious enough interest for his services in better leagues, backed by real intention$$..!!

he is just and has been a few upgrade club's fall back, last resort options ..! you can tell there just isnt and hasnt been real interest and intent to lure him away from Porto..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post

might as well..!!
                    hopefully a respectable, lucrative extension..!!

i just dont see any serious enough interest for his services in better leagues, backed by real intention$$..!!

he is just and has been a few upgrade club's fall back, last resort options ..! you can tell there just isnt and hasnt been real interest and intent to lure him away from Porto..!!
                    I have read that Chelsea and Arsenal had/have interest. I personally think he should finish his career at Porto, because he gets so much PT and is in great form within their system. That being said, where do you think he would fit better in considering those two EPL teams? I would say Arsenal.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post

I have read that Chelsea and Arsenal had/have interest. I personally think he should finish his career at Porto, because he gets so much PT and is in great form within their system. That being said, where do you think he would fit better in considering those two EPL teams? I would say Arsenal.
                      I also want him to finish in Porto, where he is APPRECIATED! The fans love him. Not sure going to a big team in EPL and riding the bench there is a good swan song.

Comment

Supporting Team Melli

Comment

We have one dorost hesabi player… of course he has to go to a bigger club if he has the chance… Not just Iranian players have a scared mentality but the fans too! I read Liverpool is interested in Amrabat. I think maybe a piano would have to fall on his head to get a “no” from him? Bazikone ma fekresh pishe asb o dokhtar bazi bud… Taremi HAS to move to a big club if he has any respect for himself as a footballer….

Comment

It really doesn’t matter what we think. If I was in his shoes, I would want to challenge myself and go to a bigger league. Most professionals have an uncanny amount of self belief and confidence. Personally, 10 years from now I wouldn’t want to look back and say what if. You can’t let JB’s experience influence your decision.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                              We have one dorost hesabi player… of course he has to go to a bigger club if he has the chance… Not just Iranian players have a scared mentality but the fans too! I read Liverpool is interested in Amrabat. I think maybe a piano would have to fall on his head to get a “no” from him? Bazikone ma fekresh pishe asb o dokhtar bazi bud… Taremi HAS to move to a big club if he has any respect for himself as a footballer….
                              Exactly, this lack of ambition spread in our football is literally our biggest hurdle to success. If we keep on that trend we won't be better than 24-26th of wc at best

Comment

After so man iranian failures in EPL you want Taremi to go there?! SMH.
                                IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Working...
                                X