This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post

Your point is just…. “stay in comfort zone”. I addressed it already. I think its a scared mentality. Where would any football player be if they thought like this? Most players jump on any opportunity to play at a higher level. Just wait for transfer window to open and see how many players gonna make a career from this WC… This is the normal competitive mentality.

And we saw for years on PFDC that Azmoun should stay in Zenit (and before that Rubin Kooft) aka comfort zone because he plays every week (for a coach with low standard) and maybe gets 6 moft CL games. Be jaayi resid? Taremi went to Europe 9 years after him and has lapped him two or three times already. SA went from Liverpool offer to flirting with Fenerbahce on live TV… Comfort zone = bad.
    Actually no; that's an over-simplification of what I was attempting to relay. I don't think comparing Azmoun and Taremi's paths are valid. Each had different obstacles. The "comfort zone", as you put it, has him in such a form that he has scored 5 goals and given 2 assists in his last four Champion's League games.

If only ALL of us could enjoy that kind of a "comfort zone" success within our lives. Lol..

If Taremi makes the jump? Good for him. All support. However, there is a very real danger in that he will lose his productivity level, and may be relegated to bench play. You speak with the resolve of someone who absolutely believes it will work out. I say there are very real obstacles and consequences. He is shining the the UCL and is currently one of the better strikers from those among all the European leagues.

But let's see

Comment

Historic: Taremi continues to score and is promoted to the 25 club

Iranian reaches a symbolic record in the ranking of the best scorers of FC Porto. Cubillas is in the next goal.

Mehdi Taremi returned from the Qatar World Cup in the same way he arrived at the tournament: wreaking havoc on defences. After having already scored against Vizela, in the last round of the League Cup group stage, the forward scored again the day before yesterday, against Gil Vicente, reaching 25th place among the best scorers in the history of FC Porto. The Iranian international surpassed Djalma and Lisandro López and equaled Tiquinho Soares's 64 goals, after 118 games for the blue and whites. That is, it has an average of 0.54 goals per game.

After entering the top-25, Taremi should continue to climb in the club's historical records, due to the proximity of the next names and the scoring pace that the number 9 is demonstrating. The mythical Teófilo Cubillas is next, with 66 goals, followed by Marega and Falcao, both on 72, and Madjer, who scored 75. Mehdi has 15 accurate shots this season and is already more than half of the 26 he collected in 2021/ 22.

If he equals that record by the end of the season, it will be enough to enter the top-20, with the same 75 as Carlos Duarte and just three behind Hulk, who is the third best foreigner on the list, behind Jackson Martínez (92) and Jardel (168). It's all in the hands of Taremi, who at 30 is going through one of the best phases of his career, if not the best. In the 22 games he played for FC Porto, he was never more than one without scoring or assisting. In this last chapter, he takes seven passes to goal.​

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-15540730.html

Comment

Rubik's cube art

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post

Actually no; that's an over-simplification of what I was attempting to relay. I don't think comparing Azmoun and Taremi's paths are valid. Each had different obstacles. The "comfort zone", as you put it, has him in such a form that he has scored 5 goals and given 2 assists in his last four Champion's League games.

If only ALL of us could enjoy that kind of a "comfort zone" success within our lives. Lol..

If Taremi makes the jump? Good for him. All support. However, there is a very real danger in that he will lose his productivity level, and may be relegated to bench play. You speak with the resolve of someone who absolutely believes it will work out. I say there are very real obstacles and consequences. He is shining the the UCL and is currently one of the better strikers from those among all the European leagues.

But let's see
          Yeah and with that form, and assuming there’s offers from big clubs, you’d want him to stay in Portuguese league? Has an Iranian player’s stock ever been higher? Scoring in CL and then 2 against England in WC? Why not take advantage of this? Because he might fail? You are talking like I want him to do something unusual like grow horns… Players are always taking chances at big clubs and leagues… Sometimes they succeed and other times they fail. That’s life… Going to Porto was also a big risk… It definitely worked out and now he is considered by many to be the best Iranian player ever… or at least very close to reaching that status.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post

Yeah and with that form, and assuming there’s offers from big clubs, you’d want him to stay in Portuguese league? Has an Iranian player’s stock ever been higher? Scoring in CL and then 2 against England in WC? Why not take advantage of this? Because he might fail? You are talking like I want him to do something unusual like grow horns… Players are always taking chances at big clubs and leagues… Sometimes they succeed and other times they fail. That’s life… Going to Porto was also a big risk… It definitely worked out and now he is considered by many to be the best Iranian player ever… or at least very close to reaching that status.
            I think AK8s stock was even higher before he went to Bayern, and what a horrible decision that turned out to be.
            I just want the best for Taremi, as do we all. If he goes, I'll be 100% behind him.

Comment

Taremi: exit door closed and renewal to discuss

Pinto da Costa's desire is to renew the Iranian striker's contract.

Taremi's goals throughout 2022, not only for FC Porto but also in the World Cup for Iran, keep interested clubs on their toes.

Pinto da Costa has already turned down some offers in the past and the desire to keep the doors closed to the striker's departure in the January market remains.

In fact, the Porto leader's desire is to renew Medhi's contract, as O JOGO revealed in a timely manner, and talks in this regard will continue in 2023.​

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-15557216.html

Comment

Taremi flying in the stratosphere: FC Porto striker is one of the most influential in Europe

Mehdi is the third player in the main European leagues with the most goals scored in 2022. On Wednesday, he could even move up one position.

Taremi may not have the goal-scoring voracity of other FC Porto scorers and there will be some with more robust records in terms of assists, but when you combine the two items, the Iranian is among the best in the world. It's the numbers that say it.​

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...nteudo_fechado

Comment

"Mehdi Taremi will end the year in the Top-5 of Europe's highest scoring players!​"

Comment

I wish pp had money to buy him
                    He be great with Saeed sadegi upfront

Comment

anybody have a link for the game today?

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                        I wish pp had money to buy him
                        He be great with Saeed sadegi upfront
                        Lol????

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post

Lol????
                          We need a forward and pp budget is 1.2 million max. I don't expect him come back to persepolis,
                          maybe he prove everyone wrong
                          pivot towards pp

Comment

Mehdi is starting! Game starts soon.

Comment

Goal for Porto already in the 1st minute. It all started with Mehdi's nice through ball to Veron who had his shot saved. And Otavio finishes the rebound. Mehdi won't get credit for an assist but it was his pass that unlocked the opposing defense.

Comment

Nice goal by Mehdi! Started with his dummy, gets the ball back and slots it home calmly.

Comment

Working...
                                X