Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Pepê and Taremi on the bench? I don't choose by name or by the minutes they have"

Statements by Sérgio Conceição, coach of FC Porto, after the 3-1 triumph in Chaves, on the 23rd round of the Bwin League.

Pepê and Taremi on the bench: "I've been making moves for a few weeks now. I'm going to make an analogy with the parties here in Trás dos Montes. Here they play a lot of bass drums, and it's necessary to play bass drums. In that sense, it was the initial 11 that got me it gave more guarantees so that within that party that wasn't at the opera, the players gave me the guarantee of making a successful, competent game, where we had to work a lot, and then obviously with the individual quality to reach such an artistic note. I was very pleased with the two players who played up front, because they worked a lot, both scored a goal, I'm very happy. I always choose according to the work week. Pepê didn't train with a problem with his foot. I have to see the players who give me more guarantees because of training, not because of their name or the minutes they have. Players who stay on the bench have to add something and that's what happened. I chose it based on what I thought the game's difficulties would be and where we could We love and should create difficulties for Chaves. So it was, I'm very happy with the behavior of the players in this regard."​

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-15945557.html

Comment

The vertical, my God!

Comment

João Mário and Uribe to return after serving suspensions. Pepê and Taremi also return 100% fit after missing Chaves. Galeno and Evanilson may see some minutes after recovering from injuries.

Comment

Although I like SC I dont trust him. He has this weird tendency of benching Taremi in cruical CL fixtures. It has happened a few times?

Its like he becomes a prime ahmagh and gets hubris?

Comment

^ Well he started in the last game and Taremi did well. Maybe he's finally come to his senses.

But Taremi should be rested when it's necessary to prevent injury. He has 4 lungs and somehow, sometimes he's able to play 3 matches per week. But it can also come back and hurt him. Glad he didn't start in their last game.

Comment

How cute!

Comment

highly doubtful he'd play the next full match...!!? SC needs him firing on all cylinders for the grand CL battle coming up shortly after ... they need all their top starters fit and well rested in order to take down Inter at home..!
                with Porto looking unlikely to catch up with Benfica in league .... a deeper CL run has likely become a more important goal at hand for SC ..!!

in the next game, think Mehdi and Sr. Pepe, octavio will probably get a start but likely to be subbed out early in 2nd half ..!? or he'll be brought off the bench in the last 1/4 of the match again ..!!?

Comment

Match day tomorrow vs. Estoril (12:15pm PST)

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                    highly doubtful he'd play the next full match...!!? SC needs him firing on all cylinders for the grand CL battle coming up shortly after ... they need all their top starters fit and well rested in order to take down Inter at home..!
                    with Porto looking unlikely to catch up with Benfica in league .... a deeper CL run has likely become a more important goal at hand for SC ..!!

in the next game, think Mehdi and Sr. Pepe, octavio will probably get a start but likely to be subbed out early in 2nd half ..!? or he'll be brought off the bench in the last 1/4 of the match again ..!!?
                    Otavio is suspended for the UCL game so he will likely play the whole game today. Wouldn’t be surprised if we see Loader / Vernon get some big minutes today.

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

^ One key difference, Joao Mario has 6 penalties, and Mehdi only has 1.

Mehdi has scored much less goals from penalties this year (partly due to the refs getting wise to his strategy). Last few years, he scored 5-6 penalties from my memory.

Comment

On the bench again…?

Comment

Uribe, Taremi, Pepê e Galeno on the bench

dont panic

Comment

Huge game vs. Inter on Tuesday. This is expected.
                              "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

League is done for them.
                                They stand to make way more in CL. Makes sense they've prioritized CL over league.

Comment

Working...
                                X