Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Portuguese refs have Mehdi marked. They just don't call penalties in his favor any more.

I saw this in the match and thought it should have been a PK. Now this still image confirms it. How is a GK leading knee-first into the striker in the box not a PK? Yet Mehdi is a diver? GTFOH.

Comment

Upcoming matches for the table leaders:

Benfica 71
      Chaves (Away)
      Estoril (Home)
      Gil Vicente (A)
      SC Braga (H)
      Portimonense (A)
      Sporting (A)
      Santa Clara (H)

FCPorto 64
      Santa Clara (H)
      P. Ferreira (A)
      Boavista (H)
      Arouca (A)
      Casa Pia (H)
      Famalicão (A)
      Vitoria SC (H)​

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
        Upcoming matches for the table leaders:

#Benfica 71
        Chaves (Away)
        Estoril (Home)
        Gil Vicente (A)
        SC Braga (H)
        Portimonense (A)
        Sporting (A)
        Santa Clara (H)

#FCPorto 64
        Santa Clara (H)
        P. Ferreira (A)
        Boavista (H)
        Arouca (A)
        Casa Pia (H)
        Famalicão (A)
        Vitoria SC (H)​
        Lets hope that Benfica slips and Porto manages to overtake the first place. It will be tough though

Comment

In all fairness this is not a penalty bro. I've seen this many times and goalkeeper's position is natural.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post

In all fairness this is not a penalty bro. I've seen this many times and goalkeeper's position is natural.
            I guess I haven't watched as many games as you. I would think jumping up for a ball in the air (football, basketball, soccer etc), usually results in both legs outstretched and not in an offensive knee position toward the other player. But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak_Shirazi View Post
              Lets hope that Benfica slips and Porto manages to overtake the first place. It will be tough though
              Porto has done it before! And SC/Porto will give everything he's got to make it happen.

Comment

I guess I haven't watched as many games as you. I would think jumping up for a ball in the air (football, basketball, soccer etc), usually results in both legs outstretched and not in an offensive knee position toward the other player. But that's just me.
                Thats the technique bro, the knee should be positioned that way. The goalkeeper have priorities over players in the box area.

Comment

^That argument has limits, the GK doesn’t have absolute priority (like cutting the striker down). I’m sure there have been instances of Gk knees cutting down resulting in PKs. Maybe others can chime in with examples.

Comment

Maybe there was argument for PK if taremi had got the ball ahead of the PK, those can be given and regularly are. As he didnt get any contact on the ball and the GK did of course right call was no PK, and probably mehdi foul if anything (which was what was called), since he jumped into the player that won the ball, without playing the ball himself.

Not that taremi did anything wrong, he had to challenge for the loose ball and it nearly resulted in a goal.

Comment

^That argument has limits, the GK doesn’t have absolute priority (like cutting the striker down). I’m sure there have been instances of Gk knees cutting down resulting in PKs. Maybe others can chime in with examples.
                      I think that‘s correct though, as long as the goalkeeper has his hands on the ball first, it‘s not considered a foul ( barring doing a kung fu kick in the opponents face ). I remember Neuer almost knocking Higuain out in the World Cup final but he got to the ball first.

Comment

You said "both legs outstretched" and I gave out examples that normally the technique is to have knee in that position.

The goalkeeper has priority for catching the ball (in box area), however if the player gets/touches the ball first and goalkeeper uses excessive and dangerous move on the player, then you will be right. But in this case and many other cases normally the goalkeeper touches the ball first and its the player that causes obstraction to the goalkeeper which is will be called a foul on goalkeeper.

e.g. in mehdi's case, the goalie is clearly getting the control of the ball and mehdi is causing obstruction to goalkeeper, so it would be a foul on the goalie. I've seen many examples that even when both goali and player touch the ball at the same time, but the goalie takes down the player, the foul will be called for goali and not the player.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post

it’s not a penalty, but was it a foul by Taremi ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

it’s not a penalty, but was it a foul by Taremi ?
                            Yes 100% . Goalie got the ball and taremi fouled him and caused him to lose the ball. Bro we've seen it many times, i'm surprised that people are even questioning this decision rather than the handball and foul decisions which could've been a penalty for porto.

Comment

Damn.

Taremi and Grujic will miss the match x Santa Clara through yellow accumulation suspension.

I didn't see this in the match, but apparently Mehdi got a yellow card for being off the field in the final minutes of the match (probably milking the clock).
                              very unnecessary yellow. He had a chance to tap in to the Ramos and Joa Maria in the top vs such a weak team. He needs at least 4 goals with 7 games left.

Comment

As a goali i can tell you that that's how you HAVE TO jump. Both legs stretched would be stupid to do cause any impact would lead to a flip over risking an injury. It's for balance and safety reasons. A straight front leg on the other hand is another case.
                                IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Working...
                                X