Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've thought alot about if this is the moment we will see a regular starter for a world class and top club i Europe. Ive waited for 1-2 years for this move to happen after seeing Luiz Diaz khoreh loser going to Liverpool. Good members in here said from the start and get go that this will never happen due to age and nationality. I was really wrong on this one and admit that I was overtly optimistic!!

Since I reconsidered I've started to remember how it was during 90s and early 00s when we would jump up and down out of joy seeing ONE player getting some minutes in champions league. This would occasionally happen less than once a season. Not to mention 2010ish which were the dark days of pro football on club stage for iranians. Maximum 1 player in Europe at the time. Maybe 1-2 sometimes.

Nowadays we have become quite used to seeing fixed regulars and starters at EL and CL competitions year in and year out. Nothing out of the ordinary nowadays.

Maybe it is the next generation that will make the jump to the really really big clubs? Right now I'll be happy if he stays in Porto and really solidify his legendary status for this club. Someone Portugese fans will talk about for 30-40 years to come. And this he can do and it is all in his own hands! Two more seasons is probably enough with these kind of performances to break all sorts of records!

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post
      I've thought alot about if this is the moment we will see a regular starter for a world class and top club i Europe. Ive waited for 1-2 years for this move to happen after seeing Luiz Diaz khoreh loser going to Liverpool. Good members in here said from the start and get go that this will never happen due to age and nationality. I was really wrong on this one and admit that I was overtly optimistic!!

Since I reconsidered I've started to remember how it was during 90s and early 00s when we would jump up and down out of joy seeing ONE player getting some minutes in champions league. This would occasionally happen less than once a season. Not to mention 2010ish which were the dark days of pro football on club stage for iranians. Maximum 1 player in Europe at the time. Maybe 1-2 sometimes.

Nowadays we have become quite used to seeing fixed regulars and starters at EL and CL competitions year in and year out. Nothing out of the ordinary nowadays.

Maybe it is the next generation that will make the jump to the really really big clubs? Right now I'll be happy if he stays in Porto and really solidify his legendary status for this club. Someone Portugese fans will talk about for 30-40 years to come. And this he can do and it is all in his own hands! Two more seasons is probably enough with these kind of performances to break all sorts of records!
      Next generation has a lot of work to do. Besides Allahyar, we are really lacking in that type of player.

Comment

Comment

^that will probably go down as the overall Best Goal ever scored by an Iranian footballer..??

or @least the Purr-tiest..!!?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
            ^that will probably go down as the overall Best Goal ever scored by an Iranian footballer..??

or @least the Purr-tiest..!!?
            This is on par against the same team. Of course, he was benched afterward!!

Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post

He scored goals 2 games in a row and got benched (I think).

4 Points due to him that season.

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
                I wouldn't fault him for taking it. That is a lot of money for a few easy seasons.

But I doubt this is a real offer.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
                in qatar he earned like a million euro per season. in al hilal he can earn maybe 10mil euro per season and be one of the top paid ballers in the world

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

He scored goals 2 games in a row and got benched (I think).

4 Points due to him that season.
                  If memory serves me correctly, he started the next game vs Everton, but got benched again immediately thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post

If memory serves me correctly, he started the next game vs Everton, but got benched again immediately thereafter.
                    I stand corrected. Shows the poor guy was on a very short leash.

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post

There is no next generation, you have to wait pretty long to see some Iranian again in clubs such as Porto, L'kuzen, even Feyenoord!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is Taremi suspended tonight due 3 or 5 yellow cards?

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post

There is no next generation, you have to wait pretty long to see some Iranian again in clubs such as Porto, L'kuzen, even Feyenoord!

Perhaps youre right agha. But at least from my point of view I couldnt imagine Taremi reaching Porto and play at this level to begin with. All the more since his pre Rio ave transfers were really bad.

Well Im hoping for the best eventhough you have a more realistic view.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post

Iran_19 Jan, last generation came out of nowhere. So will the next one. Mamlekat khar too Khare - we can’t rely on the usual age indicators to know if a player will be good or not.

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post

not even close to being on par..though still a purrty goal...!
                              mehdi's is at least of twice the degree of difficulty of a finish, cause the service arrives at a high pace of long cross where to connect and place the shot in the opposite corner of goal thus leaving the keeper dazed and helpless, while in ARJ's case ball pops up and lobs in air thus making it far more feasible (in comparison) for a player to overhead kick it into goal..!
                              and one could also argue one was scored at the highest of Club competition , CL level, compared to a run of mill EPL league fixture..!!?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

Iran_19 Jan, last generation came out of nowhere. So will the next one. Mamlekat khar too Khare - we can’t rely on the usual age indicators to know if a player will be good or not.
                                JB, Azmoun, Allahyar, Ezza, Hosseini,gholizadeh were spotted and left for Europe pretty early. Taremi was a star at PP at 23-24. The rest are just utility players that come and go

Comment

Working...
                                X