Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope he stays at Porto and adds even more to his Legacy there.

Comment

Originally posted by BusiG View Post
      Hope he stays at Porto and adds even more to his Legacy there.
      100% - team is built around him at the moment

Comment

staying with porto would have some more credibility if they didnt gut the team so badly. People talk about he scored some goals from pk this year...fact he achieved top scorer with this supporting cast is so impressive, plus all the CL goals, seriously... Besides otavio from creative standpoint they are dead. Losing vieira, vitinha, and Diaz to arsenal, PSG, and liverpool in the space of a year is insane and none of the aforementioned players had direct replacements.

Galeno is not even 1/10th of diaz and was anyways already on porto's books, so hardly a new signing. The other 2 guys just didn't get replaced whatsoever...Grujic/estuqaio replaced Vitinha in xi, nowhere near as creative or technical, basically just bodies, and vieira's creativity that supplied taremi with so many wonderful crosses/assists simply disappeared. And his best striking partner evanilson was struggling a lot for consistency/fitness this year.

There is not much coming in the pipeline either for these positions...and porto are notoriously stingy at the moment so cant expect many signings, now they will be hard pressed to even replaced a solid DM like Uribe.

Milan is a great offer imo. No reason why he would be benched there, zlatan is retired, giroud is very old and not as effective as before, leao plays wide left and rebic is highly inconsistent. De Ketalaere is garbage and will be lucky if he isnt shipped off. They have CL football and just go to a CL semi, and Taremi had good performances vs them in CL season before this one.

And plus in italy it seems shelf life of CFs 30+ is quite good...See giroud, dzeko, among many others.

Sevilla offer is solid too, they had a down season but still won the EL and Monchi will strengthen the team for CL next season, he has a perfect foil there in en nesyri who will allow him to roam more.

Taremi owes it to himself to give it a go in a top league. If you fail (which I really do not see) then so be it, he has already achieved everything possible with Porto

Comment

I really hope he gets a nice transfer to either AC Milan or FC Sevilla, which would be an update league wise and team wise. He can play in the Championsleague and or the Europa League and make a deep run there and play against teams like FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Athletico Madrid, Inter Milan, Juventus, Atalanta, Napoli week in week out. Will be lovely for us fans 😍 these two teams also seem to be the most realistic options so far. Bayern Munich would be nice too but it‘s not realistic at this point

Comment

23-24 kits are out and available for purchase 08.06.23

Comment

At this stage in his career and age, and the fact that he has established his standing at the club, I really think he should just stay there and build on his legacy. I normally want our players to go to better leagues, but his situation is too good. I think it would be a huge gamble currently to go somewhere else, and Porto is a very good club
              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                At this stage in his career and age, and the fact that he has established his standing at the club, I really think he should just stay there and build on his legacy. I normally want our players to go to better leagues, but his situation is too good. I think it would be a huge gamble currently to go somewhere else, and Porto is a very good club
                I HATE this line of thinking so so so much. I truly think it's a genetic trait that forces Iranians to think like this and settle for mediocrity in every aspect of our lives (country, religion, government, soccer, etc.).

The stats all say the same: Taremi is currently a top 10 striker in THE WORLD. Why would he stay at Porto, where he makes less than most mid-career lawyers/doctors in the USA? According to most sources, he is not even in the top 15 highest paid players in Porto.

He either needs to go all in on Soccer (i.e. go to a top 10 team in the world which is fitting for his top 10 striker status), or he needs to go all in on Money (i.e. go to a team that will pay him his worth, or at least pay him one of the top salaries of the team).

At least if he chooses between Soccer or Money, one option considers his skills, and the other his age and long term financial well being.

Staying in Porto is NOT an option, in my opinion, as it is counter to BOTH those considerations.

Comment

Originally posted by koush22 View Post

I HATE this line of thinking so so so much. I truly think it's a genetic trait that forces Iranians to think like this and settle for mediocrity in every aspect of our lives (country, religion, government, soccer, etc.).

The stats all say the same: Taremi is currently a top 10 striker in THE WORLD. Why would he stay at Porto, where he makes less than most mid-career lawyers/doctors in the USA? According to most sources, he is not even in the top 15 highest paid players in Porto.

He either needs to go all in on Soccer (i.e. go to a top 10 team in the world which is fitting for his top 10 striker status), or he needs to go all in on Money (i.e. go to a team that will pay him his worth, or at least pay him one of the top salaries of the team).

At least if he chooses between Soccer or Money, one option considers his skills, and the other his age and long term financial well being.

Staying in Porto is NOT an option, in my opinion, as it is counter to BOTH those considerations.
                  Finally some good sense

Comment

Originally posted by koush22 View Post

Okay...what if he wants soccer, goes to a higher level and doesn't perform or get to play. He ends up losing on both ends...soccer and money.

If he were younger, then he could take a risk like Sardar. Right now he gets to bang them in against soft opposition on a weekly basis and is in a good enough team that makes it into CL to play some world class soccer as well...sometimes making it to deeper ends of CL too!

For him to play regularly in a higher league, he has to either let go of CL and play in a mid table team, or start as a third fiddle and maybe work his way to first barring no injuries and proper team and coach conditions.

His salary is reported all over the place but one site says about 2m a year...probably before tax...not great but not pittance either.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

History has shown that our players perform better when they are a big fish in a small pond vs being a small fish in a big pond. For that reason only, I wouldnt mind him staying at Porto.
                      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
                        Okay...what if he wants soccer, goes to a higher level and doesn't perform or get to play. He ends up losing on both ends...soccer and money.

If he were younger, then he could take a risk like Sardar. Right now he gets to bang them in against soft opposition on a weekly basis and is in a good enough team that makes it into CL to play some world class soccer as well...sometimes making it to deeper ends of CL too!

For him to play regularly in a higher league, he has to either let go of CL and play in a mid table team, or start as a third fiddle and maybe work his way to first barring no injuries and proper team and coach conditions.

His salary is reported all over the place but one site says about 2m a year...probably before tax...not great but not pittance either.

He has all to lose staying in porto, a team getting weaker each year, and him entering a confort zone and wasting his legacy. And of course not getting the fame he deserves internationally.

He has nothing to lose with a smart big move (not the like of Sevilla or top teams with already 10 top strikers). Even fail in too teams you will get another top team or a team like porto or qatar/saudi/Fenerbahce

Comment

You guys say he's a top striker (which I don't disagree with), but why is he NOT part of this conversation:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/...ne-real-madrid

And don't concentrate on the race card. I'd rather have his age be a variable of concern.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarsal Claw View Post
                            You guys say he's a top striker (which I don't disagree with), but why is he NOT part of this conversation:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/...ne-real-madrid

And don't concentrate on the race card. I'd rather have his age be a variable of concern.
                            There was an article about a Liverpool researcher (PhD) whose job was to create models of performance....when asked about which club should buy Harry Kane, he said:

“a club that doesn't care about value for money”.

“He's 29. It's going to be a high transfer fee for three years of performance that might start declining".

Taremi won't get half the transfer fee of Kane (English players have inflated market values) but the argument of age and decline apply. One could argue Taremi would be much more value but deep pocket teams don't care about value! So that is why Taremi is not part of that conversation!

https://www.theguardian.com/football...droidApp_Other

Comment

Let’s talk through a scenario that’s not so far fetched IMO…..

Ange Postecoglou was just unveiled as the new HC for spurs. Harry Kane is likely to leave this summer. Ange has stated many times he rates Asian players highly. A striker that compliments Angie’s style + some of the key attacking players like Son and is from the continent of Asia and is proven at this level is Mehdi……I think it would make too much sense if that’s possible
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                                Let’s talk through a scenario that’s not so far fetched IMO…..

Ange Postecoglou was just unveiled as the new HC for spurs. Harry Kane is likely to leave this summer. Ange has stated many times he rates Asian players highly. A striker that compliments Angie’s style + some of the key attacking players like Son and is from the continent of Asia and is proven at this level is Mehdi……I think it would make too much sense if that’s possible

I can't see it because of the Israel flags and IR

Comment

Working...
                                X