Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conceição gives Taremi an "exceptional" day off: "He's free. I think he deserves it"

Statements by Sérgio Conceição, FC Porto coach, in a press conference ahead of the game with Club Brugge, at Estádio do Dragão (Tuesday, 20:00).

FC Porto will take the field on Tuesday, 8:00 pm, against Club Brugge, in a match for the second round of the Champions League group stage, without Taremi, as a result of being sent off in the first round match, with Atlético. Asked about what a different duo can offer, with Evanilson and Toni Martínez, for example, Sérgio Conceição declined to go into details, revealing that he will give the Iranian striker a day off.

"They are different players, I won't go into details. The strategy can go a little there, as we don't have a player who has been important in the starting eleven. Tomorrow Taremi is free, I gave him the day off, exceptionally , because I think he deserves it. He has played a lot, with a lot of intensity, many kilometers covered, many assists, many goals. We need a fresh Taremi to play with Estoril, if I understand it, of course", said the FC Porto coach .

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-15158867.html

Comment

^ Mehdi should not go anywhere else. He has a city that loves him, a team that loves him and coach that loves him!

Go Mehdi!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
        Conceição gives Taremi an "exceptional" day off: "He's free. I think he deserves it"

Statements by Sérgio Conceição, FC Porto coach, in a press conference ahead of the game with Club Brugge, at Estádio do Dragão (Tuesday, 20:00).

FC Porto will take the field on Tuesday, 8:00 pm, against Club Brugge, in a match for the second round of the Champions League group stage, without Taremi, as a result of being sent off in the first round match, with Atlético. Asked about what a different duo can offer, with Evanilson and Toni Martínez, for example, Sérgio Conceição declined to go into details, revealing that he will give the Iranian striker a day off.

"They are different players, I won't go into details. The strategy can go a little there, as we don't have a player who has been important in the starting eleven. Tomorrow Taremi is free, I gave him the day off, exceptionally , because I think he deserves it. He has played a lot, with a lot of intensity, many kilometers covered, many assists, many goals. We need a fresh Taremi to play with Estoril, if I understand it, of course", said the FC Porto coach .

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-15158867.html
        Arite I’m starting to like conceicao again
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I have many Portuguese friends and most are benfica fans and a few porto fans. They all respect and admire taremi for the talent he is. I agree he should stay in Porto
          WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

For your viewing pleasure

Comment

Damn. Porto is down already 1-0 vs Brugge in the Dragao. They need to win this game. And they should. Even without Mehdi.

Comment

Without Mehdi they have no engine.
                Brugge always challenges for 3rd in CL.

Watch them whoop Leverkusen too.

Comment

Ill be livid if porto and bayer crash out of CL

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

No Mehdi, no party

Comment

Liga nos is farmers league to be honest. They got 3 average teams and thats it.

#1 Premier league ,
                      #2 Bundes Liga ,
                      #3 La Liga
                      #4 Serie A

Then the rest are farmers league
                      Ligue 1
                      Liga nos
                      etc...

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                        Liga nos is farmers league to be honest. They got 3 average teams and thats it.
                        #1 Premier league ,
                        #2 Bundes Liga ,
                        #3 La Liga
                        #4 Serie A
                        Then the rest are farmers league
                        Ligue 1
                        Liga nos
                        etc...
                        They are the only country outside of the big 3 leagues who have CL winners.
                        Sporting today beat Tottenham today!

Comment

Just as I type that, Porto concedes the 2nd

Even with Taremi they were going to have huge problems as their defense is soorakh.

Comment

Porto down 3-0 now. This is an embarrassment

Comment

Lololo, not selling Mehdi for a big fee just to at best end up playing in the EL again.

Comment

Not watching the match, but conceding 3 goals (up to this point) at home vs Brugge is pretty embarrassing. Sure, they miss Mehdi (and his defensive work), but I don't know how much Mehdi would be able to prevent that.

Comment

Working...
                                X