This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Azmoun_shireh View Post
    He's become Iran International's number 1 enemy for some reason. They did a segment on Karimi and Daei and the co-host went on a rant on how he should have said something about Daei's wife getting trapped in Iran.

They're obsessed with him.
    Once the WhatsApp/twitter sheep get a hold of someone's name, they can't help but parrot it at every opportunity. smh.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      Braga beat Benefica 3-0. Porto in second place and 5 points behind Benefica. They are closing in.
      The bad thing is that Braga is only 1 point behind Porto for 2nd place and only the top 2 teams are guaranteed CL group stage qualification. And Braga is a darn good team to be breathing down your neck like that.

Comment

^true dat

Comment

Originally posted by Arman2 View Post
          Because I know Iranians too well. Many of them are just nazis. Be it on the liberal or the conservative side. They are always looking for a scapegoat for their own incompetence and failure in life. Naive, jealous and evil.
          While I wouldn't use the word "Nazi" in conjunction with such people, I tend to agree. I have seen too much of it in-person, and on these boards, no less. People tend to project their anger in strange ways, and expecting perfection (on and off the pitch) from footballing personalities, and verbally berating them for errors while ignoring successes? It's the norm for them. Heck, people do this to Messi, who is probably the greatest ever. It's insane.

But then again, while Iranians have so many good qualities, maybe this is the "flip side" to them. Being emotional (i.e. every Iranian I know) has its dangers, too.

Comment

Taremi on the podium of goals in Europe

The FC Porto player, Mehdi Taremi is the second player with the most interventions in goals of the year 2022.

The Iranian has surpassed names like Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Salah, Lewandowski, Haaland among many others and is only surpassed by Kylian MbappΓ©. The Frenchman is the leader of the ranking with 44 goals and 18 assists, 62 direct contributions to goals, Taremi is second with 34 goals and 21 assists, a total of 55 actions, one more than third-placed Christopher Nkunku, from Leipzig, with 37 goals and 17 assists, and from this top-3, Taremi is the player with the fewest minutes played.

This data is even more impressive because it counts the 15 leagues with the best ranking and respective cups, Champions League and Europa League.​

https://foradejogo.pt/taremi-no-podi...a-europa/4208/

Comment

Only Hulk produced as much as Taremi

Mehdi closed 2022 with 50 goal appearances. The "Incredible", in 2011, was the only one that reached the same number in this century, for FC Porto.

As the numbers of Mehdi Taremi grow, words to describe them are scarce, in an exercise facilitated by comparisons.

The Iranian ended 2022 as the second most productive player in Europe, with 50 appearances in goals, just behind PSG's MbappΓ©, with 57, reaching a record that only another FC Porto player had reached this century: Hulk.​

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...nteudo_fechado

Comment

O Jogo selects Taremi as Player of the Year!!!

"I want to maintain this level"

"I think we can do something in the Champions League"

"I will be grateful to Conceição for the rest of my life"

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-15579368.html

​

Comment

What great company

Comment

Immune Taremi: "I'm criticized, but I'm used to it. I don't care"

INTERVIEW, PART III-Taremi proves to be immune to the external discussion that surrounds him and guarantees a unique focus on the work he does in blue and white.

Taremi's feline instinct doesn't just bring him joy. Often, the striker is the subject of conversation and there is no shortage of those who criticize him, especially when it comes to penalties.

"Criticism is normal when you play for a club like FC Porto. Sometimes you are attacked. It depends on the moment you are in and if it is an important moment for the rivals", shoots the scorer, who leaves the guarantee of immunity in that chapter. "I'm criticized, but I'm used to it. It's fine with me, I don't care. I continue to do my job", he guarantees.

On a collective level, Mehdi considers that FC Porto's achievements are not always properly valued. "Last season we did an incredible job, we played good football... Sometimes I feel that way", concludes the number 9 of the blue and whites.​

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-15583636.html

Comment

"It was a fantastic year in my career. I want to maintain this level so I can repeat it in 2023"​

Comment

next up

Comment

Taremi and the 2022 World Cup: "We wanted to make history for ourselves and our people"

Elected Player of the Year by readers of O JOGO, Taremi lived a year of 2022 full of successes. And being at the 2022 Mundial was one of the most important moments

Iran didn't make it past the group stage at Mundial'2022, but that didn't stop Taremi from being noticed. In the first game, against England, he scored twice and, despite his regrets about the early elimination, he doesn't hide his smile.

"Playing something like that is reaching the highest level. It's the best moment a footballer can aspire to. If you score goals, even better. Everyone is watching what you do there and, for me, it was incredible. I gave my best , because we wanted to make history for ourselves and for our people, who have suffered a lot. We were touched by the support we received" he said in an exclusive interview with O JOGO.​

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-15584318.html

Comment

Very busy start to the new year (a match every 4.5 days on average).

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                              Very busy start to the new year (a match every 4.5 days on average).

Good for us fans, we can watch Taremi do what he does best every few days, bang in goals left and right plus give beautiful assists 😍 do you guys think itβ€˜s likely that he will transfer somewhere else anytime soon?

Comment

Mehdi to United would be fun! 😁
                                seems like the club finaly found the right coach and are building something exhiting.
                                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X