Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A really good attack after wasting initial chance! 1-1 porto are superior!

Comment

Man Mehdi is exhausted! His work rate and ethics are commendable!!!

Comment

I wonder if he is fasting

Comment

Originally posted by aria32 View Post
          I wonder if he is fasting
          Would not surprise me.

Comment

Insane effort tonight by taremi, commentators also keep mentioning it.

Should have iced the game when he was clean through but opted to be unselfish (again this guy is too unselfish) and go for the pass, which he messed up, likely owing to his tired legs.

Hopefully his goal will stand as the winner, only a couple mins left.

Comment

and here's the winner for ya..!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ctUdMSFGvY

nice n easy
              lemon squeezy

Porto and SC proving they are still the Class team of the league .... regardless of what the table is showing ftb.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                Insane effort tonight by taremi, commentators also keep mentioning it.

Should have iced the game when he was clean through but opted to be unselfish (again this guy is too unselfish) and go for the pass, which he messed up, likely owing to his tired legs.

Hopefully his goal will stand as the winner, only a couple mins left.
                well Tmart was already making the searing run towards the goal and was covered .... the smart move from that goozoo zaidou Woulda/Shoulda been to Trail the play and position himself for the pull back pass which Mehdi delivered..!!
                but that dumbasss also made a similar searing run forward towards goal thus really fking up that golden chance on the break..!!

Comment

Huge win by porto against benfica team in amazing form, had won 10 in a row (!) and not lost a home game before this.

To go into their place and deservedly get the win took serious quality and guts.

Cant believe how much ppl here talk shit about this porto team. What Conceicao has managed to achieve with frankly bar taremi, otavio, and pepe a bunch of young or very average players is incredible, specially after losing 4 key starters in the past year and not replacing any of them.

He is one of the best coaches in european football, consistently competing in CL with inferior resources year after year and keeping the team in the top 2 every season in the league.

Sporting for example with highly touted young coach amorim and a much more loaded roster than porto (see what they did to arsenal in EL) are currently not even on pace to make europa league, let alone CL.

And Taremi once again proves that he is not slowing down 1 bit. Masterful performance. Lot of players went through bit of a downturn post WC, nothing abnormal there, and still not like he was on a crazy drought, still impacting most of the games he was in. His goal tonight was that of a high caliber CF.

Gap is now 7 pts, still probably wont make it but Benfica do have to play Braga and Sporting in their upcoming matches, plus have CL tie with inter that might distract them

Comment

Taremi with a beautiful golesss

The commentator on gol tv kept calling hom the prince of persia, does any one know that commentators name ?
                    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

I think that is now 24 goals and 12 assists this season so far. On target for another year hitting at least 40+ goal contributions. I don’t want anyone in this thread playing down his performances at all again this season.

Comment

Statically porto needs minimum 18 points to win the league. Very hard but still possible.
                        7 more games left = 21 points

18 points= 6 wins and 1 loss.

Benefica needs 12 points (minimum) =
                        12 points = 4 wins or (3 wins + 3 draws)

So if benefica lose 1 game they will start feeling the heat. Because then they need to win 3 out of 6 games left against Braga , Sporting and Gil Vicente .

For me right now its 30% porto - 70% Benefica

The stats is based on their 2019-20 season which is very similar to this season. Top 5 teams have similar points to 19-20 season.​

Comment

so who got MOM?

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                            Statically porto needs minimum 18 points to win the league. Very hard but still possible.
                            7 more games left = 21 points

18 points= 6 wins and 1 loss.

Benefica needs 12 points (minimum) =
                            12 points = 4 wins or (3 wins + 3 draws)

So if benefica lose 1 game they will start feeling the heat. Because then they need to win 3 out of 6 games left against Braga , Sporting and Gil Vicente .

For me right now its 30% porto - 70% Benefica

The stats is based on their 2019-20 season which is very similar to this season. Top 5 teams have similar points to 19-20 season.​
                            I think with Benfica being in Champs League still and the potential of making the final with the draw they have that there is a quite big chance they struggle in the games that take place after the Champs League games.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                              Huge win by porto against benfica team in amazing form, had won 10 in a row (!) and not lost a home game before this.

To go into their place and deservedly get the win took serious quality and guts.

Cant believe how much ppl here talk shit about this porto team. What Conceicao has managed to achieve with frankly bar taremi, otavio, and pepe a bunch of young or very average players is incredible, specially after losing 4 key starters in the past year and not replacing any of them.

He is one of the best coaches in european football, consistently competing in CL with inferior resources year after year and keeping the team in the top 2 every season in the league.

Sporting for example with highly touted young coach amorim and a much more loaded roster than porto (see what they did to arsenal in EL) are currently not even on pace to make europa league, let alone CL.

And Taremi once again proves that he is not slowing down 1 bit. Masterful performance. Lot of players went through bit of a downturn post WC, nothing abnormal there, and still not like he was on a crazy drought, still impacting most of the games he was in. His goal tonight was that of a high caliber CF.

Gap is now 7 pts, still probably wont make it but Benfica do have to play Braga and Sporting in their upcoming matches, plus have CL tie with inter that might distract them
                              i see your point but i don’t think people were questioning SC - the criticism was mainly aimed at what a poorly managed team Porto is that they can’t put any good pieces around Taremi Otavio Pepe. todays win was great but lets not forget two very lacklustre performances against Inter in a tie that was completely winnable, overall mediocrity in the league in 2023, and the constant sale of star players without good replacements.

if you look at a team like benfica, they sell arguably better talent than porto every year and DESPITE that, they have dominated the league and have a legitimate chance at making an even deeper run in UCL this year. i think the criticism at Porto is pretty fair and as a Taremi fan, i would still want him to leave this club at the end of the season unless there is a sudden change in managements philosophy and an influx of talent (which i believe to be unlikely)

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                                so who got MOM?
                                Dash Meyti.

Comment

Working...
                                X