• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one got a link for this game please

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
      Any one got a link for this game please
      Sorry Medzdidz jan, I am watching on U.S. TV.

Comment

Sky are showing the Liverpool game in the UK (which I am watching). Thank you for the response.

Comment

Found one now

http://cdn.livetv608.me/webplayer2.p...2395&ci=1&si=1

Comment

Good defense there by Saman to body Benhrama and force a GK for the Bees.

Comment

Toney is down, and it doesn't look good....

Comment

Good shift by Saman, solid defensively, tidy in possession, and almost scored a goal.

Comment

Pretty good shift by him. I wish he was a bit more forceful and aggressive in getting passes. He played mostly center mid, but doesn’t demand the ball at all in possession.
                  defensively he is very solid though

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post

I'm sorry but that couldn't be further from the truth. Brentford's transfer policy spending wise is to buy young players (under 25) to develop them. This year Damsgaard, Lewis-Potter and Hickey. Last year Ajer, Wissa and Onyeka.

Players that are at their peak development (late 20s plus) are generally free transfers in areas they're short. Recently Strakosha, Mee, Zanka.

Most bottom half Premier League teams do this as they don't have the budget or transfer appeal to pay for players that are the "finished product" or in the prime.

The reason Saman and ARJ failed in England is not because England is somehow this terrible place for Iranian players to come. That is just incredibly illogical no matter how many Iranian players continue to come here and fail... It's because they're both, as individual players, simply not good enough (talent, physical attributes, tactical understanding and desire to improve) for the demands of the league, their team, their coach. It has nothing to do with their nationality. Saman for all intents and purposes football wiss is a product of Sweden.

There's an argument to be had about being played out of their favoured position; ARJ was seldom an out and out RW for Brighton in those first 2 seasons - he was more a RWB due to the amount of defending they had to do and Saman is a number 10 but Brentford have never really played a formation to accommodate that position. If they did they'd get smashed every game as they'd lose the midfield battle as badly as they lost it when they took off Jensen for Saman against Spurs.

I was at the Spurs game. I've seen Saman play in person for Brentford multiple times and the reality is he's not good enough to play in this team as a starter (particularly not in the centre of midfield) for the requirements of this team. A low possession, underdog that needs to constantly press it's opposition off the ball in one of the best leagues in the world.

He would still thrive at a big team in a 2nd rate league (Portugal, Turkey, a Scandinavian league) as he has done in the past. When he's playing around players that are better than the opposition and his team have a majority of the possession so his off the ball demands don't need to be a big part of the game, he can thrive as a player.​

Specifically Saman, this is the same player whom
                    Arsene Wenger highly praised when he played against Arsenal as an Ostersund player. He’s shown he can definitely more than hang against top opposition. Yes, that was ages ago, but the key characteristic he HAD that ALLOWED him to showcase his talent was his confidence.

It’s easy to label him as not EPL material now, but after countless games of being benched, and playing measly minutes, what do you expect? Look back to his EPL career early on, when he played well against Aston Villa as a midfielder, and didn’t see the pitch for many games afterwards…

Or when he scored a great goal against Burnley, then didn’t play for several games afterwards? For a player who’s trying to break into the starting lineup, this is taxing on their rhythm and confidence as a player. At the end of the day, they’re not robots.

As a result, this is the least aggressive Saman I’ve ever seen in his whole career. Not because he’s not good enough, it’s cuz his overall confidence has been chipped away. Even during WC2018 he played with more confidence.

In my opinion, any good coach would immediately recognize the qualities of Saman and do his best to unlock his full potential. Frank has not done that.

I always felt Saman’s skills would be much more appreciated in a possession based team in La Liga, and they would know how to utilize & develop him much more properly.

I would also argue CQ and Skocic did not properly utilize Saman either. Initially, I thought Skocic was going to, but then he got supplanted by Nourollahi even though Saman did not show poor performances to warrant that during the qualifiers...

Comment

Originally posted by alieti View Post
                      Pretty good shift by him. I wish he was a bit more forceful and aggressive in getting passes. He played mostly center mid, but doesn’t demand the ball at all in possession.
                      defensively he is very solid though
                      I agree he can be more aggressive in demanding the ball. That being said, many times he put himself in good positions to receive the ball but they wouldn’t pass him the ball, but were intent on keeping the ball on the wing.

It’s like, why don’t they utilize the middle of the pitch more when it gets crowded on the wing?

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
                        I agree he can be more aggressive in demanding the ball. That being said, many times he put himself in good positions to receive the ball but they wouldn’t pass him the ball, but were intent on keeping the ball on the wing.

It’s like, why don’t they utilize the middle of the pitch more when it gets crowded on the wing?
                        I thought he had a good appearance, too. Heck his work-rate was excellent; he played good defense, and he had a great volley on-goal that forced the keeper into a fingertip save.

I didn't notice teammates ignoring Samman, per se, but he definitely did not see enough of the ball. Then again, if his teammates aren't passing him the ball, he can't exactly throw a fit in the middle of a play. Maybe yell at a teammate momentarily, and move on.

For me, Samman has regressed a bit due to lack of playing time. And he is definitely (as you say) in the wrong league. I am wary of most Iranians going to Bundesliga or EPL; I just think that any of our players with creativity should be in La Liga, or even Serie A.

Comment

nice coach trusting him with some decent mins, even if last game wasnt his best. He was much better today.

Reflected by brentford fans on twitter even who are usually his harshest critics.

I think with the mins he is now getting a january transfer probably isnt on the cards. A free in the summer seems the obvious choice for him, and whatever mins he does take to solidify his resume as a PL rotation player will hopefully entice some better suitors.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post

I thought he had a good appearance, too. Heck his work-rate was excellent; he played good defense, and he had a great volley on-goal that forced the keeper into a fingertip save.

I didn't notice teammates ignoring Samman, per se, but he definitely did not see enough of the ball. Then again, if his teammates aren't passing him the ball, he can't exactly throw a fit in the middle of a play. Maybe yell at a teammate momentarily, and move on.

For me, Samman has regressed a bit due to lack of playing time. And he is definitely (as you say) in the wrong league. I am wary of most Iranians going to Bundesliga or EPL; I just think that any of our players with creativity should be in La Liga, or even Serie A.
                            Yeah, it definitely wasn’t a case of his teammates intentionally ignoring him. But there were more than a few scenes where the team insisted on playing on the wing, and I could see Ghoddos in a decent position middle of the pitch. It could just be the team’s tactic (insisting on wing play at times).

He’s always had a good shot and sadly, NONE of the coaches he’s been under so far, have been able to utilize that more! I’m glad he forced the goalie into a save today.

Hopefully he’ll continue to get more minutes after today’s performance. La liga for sure, and I’d be happy with Serie A

Comment

Brentford beating Liverpool 2-0 at half without Toney.

Hope to see Saman in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                                Brentford beating Liverpool 2-0 at half without Toney.

Hope to see Saman in the second half.
                                midway through the first half, Frank motioned over to SAMAN AND was talking tactics on the field with him. I thought there may be an early sub. It hadn’t happened, but at least Frank hasn’t forgotten about him. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X