Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll/Do you care about Iran football and WC with what's been happening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
    This is no longer my Team Melli. This is "teameh jomhooree-eh eslami". Anyone (including CQ) who met with the criminal Raeisi and gave him positive coverage by their presence are no longer part of my Team Melli. I understand that some who play in Europe may feel different but the ship has sailed for me. This is the first time I have felt this way in my life. It's painful. Raeisi is a mass criminal and belongs in a national truth and reconciliation tribunal. The blood on his hands go beyond the 300+ since Mahsa's killing, it includes 4000+ in 1988 when he headed the committee of death commissioned by Khomeini to execute defenseless political prisoners including many who had served their full sentences and were awaiting freedom. CQ showed that he is just here for the money and fame and has not much humanity left in him. The players and other staff who went to the "presidential palace" showed that they have no honor and as Yahya said they get a zero score. Shame, shame, shame!

Woman, Life, Freedom!
    زن، زندگی، آزادی
    I feel the same. I have been an ardent fan all my life and team Melli has been a big part of my life. I have been on this site for 20 years! But this time is different. In the past they had no choice, we were all on the same sinking boat, and they provided us with some joy. This time, they had a choice. There is momentum behind this movement and the eyes of the world is on them. Yet they chose to bow to Raisi and sell their compatriots.

I’d still watch the games they play, support Azmoun, etc, but all with numbness, disinterest, and frankly a broken heart.

unless they do something radical during the marches to redeem themselves. Highly doubt it. They’ll do some mild meaningless (at this point) gesture at best…

Comment

Originally posted by ashimashi View Post

I feel the same. I have been an ardent fan all my life and team Melli has been a big part of my life. I have been on this site for 20 years! But this time is different. In the past they had no choice, we were all on the same sinking boat, and they provided us with some joy. This time, they had a choice. There is momentum behind this movement and the eyes of the world is on them. Yet they chose to bow to Raisi and sell their compatriots.

I’d still watch the games they play, support Azmoun, etc, but all with numbness, disinterest, and frankly a broken heart.

unless they do something radical during the marches to redeem themselves. Highly doubt it. They’ll do some mild meaningless (at this point) gesture at best…
      Very well said ashimashi jaan. It's great to know we have compatriots like you on this forum. I will probably watch the matches yet I am numb. In my book, they already lost to the people of Iran before even they got on the pitch.

Woman, Life, Freedom!
      زن، زندگی، آزادی

Comment

Very well said ashimashi jaan. It's great to know we have compatriots like you on this forum. I will probably watch the matches yet I am numb. In my book, they already lost to the people of Iran before even they got on the pitch.

Woman, Life, Freedom!
        زن، زندگی، آزادی
        Baba you guys are too Ajool!

Just wait and some will come through and make us proud.

Also most of the players were outside Iran...did not attend.

Maybe they are planning something???

Wait and then judge.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

TM and its players have one job, and that is to win football games.

TM is not a political party, is not a political organization, and has nothing to do with protests and protesting that is going on. The players all have different view points, different up bringing and should be able to make decisions themselves, instead of being forced into being a tool to portray a political agenda.

All of the players playing for TM grew up having a dream to play football at the highest stage possible (so did all of us football fans growing up dreamed of playing for TM). They have that opportunity now, stop taking that way from them.

Comment

This is no longer my Team Melli. This is "teameh jomhooree-eh eslami". Anyone (including CQ) who met with the criminal Raeisi and gave him positive coverage by their presence are no longer part of my Team Melli. I understand that some who play in Europe may feel different but the ship has sailed for me. This is the first time I have felt this way in my life. It's painful. Raeisi is a mass criminal and belongs in a national truth and reconciliation tribunal. The blood on his hands go beyond the 300+ since Mahsa's killing, it includes 4000+ in 1988 when he headed the committee of death commissioned by Khomeini to execute defenseless political prisoners including many who had served their full sentences and were awaiting freedom. CQ showed that he is just here for the money and fame and has not much humanity left in him. The players and other staff who went to the "presidential palace" showed that they have no honor and as Yahya said they get a zero score. Shame, shame, shame!

Woman, Life, Freedom!
            زن، زندگی، آزادی
            I feel the same way - but I will cheer Team Melli for one reason alone: to bring people out on the streets in millions. A victory will help with that I believe, despite Iran's current ambivalent (to put it mildly) feelings towards TM.

We cannot engage in sports-washing.

What CQ said yesterday was disgusting - the whataboutism has been perfected by IR and their online trolls (they will somehow blame US, UK, Israel etc.) and take away spotlight from IR's own brutality and restrictions. I don't know anyone who loved CQ as much as me - and I appreciate him using his own money to fund and help Iranian players and what he has brought to Iranian football.

Carlos could have just said "I am a football coach, not a politician" or "I am a foreigner" ... but him bringing politics from the other side is ridiculous. Maybe he is trying to secure a new contract? He's become IR's favorite coach overnight.

What Beiranvand and Cheshmi did is unforgivable. Hopefully we see a new free Iran that will see these two and Torabi and Amiri never in.

I have reported extensively on TM's dissident towards the regime, but what CQ did and the players bowing to the criminal Raisi is inexcusable and unforgivable. The Jakesh and Ghatel of Mashhad is one of the biggest criminals that IR has produced - and that's saying something!

Long Live Iran.

Thank you to the likes of Milad Meydavoudi​, Bakhtiar Rahmani, Kaveh Rezaei, Ali Karimi, Ali Daei, Mehdi Mahdavikia, Sardar Azmoun, Yahya Golmohammadi, Soroush Rafaei etc. they are our heroes and we should kiss their hands.
            "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Look at his pride.

This really is his flag I guess

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClBz6A9vFMo/?hl=en

Comment

Some of you guys take this stuff from athletes too seriously. They are all gonna do what’s best for their own careers. Many of them (athletes in general) are scum that cheat on their wives and not the best role models. Some are amazing people. They are competitors and deserve to compete. What do people want, for them not to play? Will that topple IR? It’s a soccer team, not political opposition to IR. And yes , taremi gonna have flag draped over him. Didn’t see anyone cry about it 4 years ago. What diff does it make now? Was IR good 4 years ago and now we only realized it’s bad 2 months ago? It’s same IR as before, that kills its own citizens and does nothing to help them. Yet we cheered and supported that team. There were protests then and people killed and imprisoned. Nothing has changed, folks just even more sick and tired of IR and frankly their time is done soon. Team Melli not playing World Cup won’t do shit. Personally I’m more disappointed at Iranians using their anger misdirected at scapegoat soccer team minus Torabi Amiri.

also dunno how real IG is, many negative comments as I’m sure they are real but also u will see comments about please like this post for my noon paneer company that has 100 likes. So I’m sure there are bots there as well. But yes my family in Iran don’t really care for this World Cup

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post

I feel the same way - but I will cheer Team Melli for one reason alone: to bring people out on the streets in millions. A victory will help with that I believe, despite Iran's current ambivalent (to put it mildly) feelings towards TM.

We cannot engage in sports-washing.

What CQ said yesterday was disgusting - the whataboutism has been perfected by IR and their online trolls (they will somehow blame US, UK, Israel etc.) and take away spotlight from IR's own brutality and restrictions. I don't know anyone who loved CQ as much as me - and I appreciate him using his own money to fund and help Iranian players and what he has brought to Iranian football.

Carlos could have just said "I am a football coach, not a politician" or "I am a foreigner" ... but him bringing politics from the other side is ridiculous. Maybe he is trying to secure a new contract? He's become IR's favorite coach overnight.

What Beiranvand and Cheshmi did is unforgivable. Hopefully we see a new free Iran that will see these two and Torabi and Amiri never in.

I have reported extensively on TM's dissident towards the regime, but what CQ did and the players going to see a criminal Raisi is inexcusable and unforgivable. The Jakesh and Ghatel of Mashhad is one of the biggest criminals that IR has produced - and that's saying something!

Long Live Iran.

Thank you to the likes of Milad Meydavoudi​, Bakhtiar Rahmani, Kaveh Rezaei, Ali Karimi, Ali Daei, Mehdi Mahdavikia, Sardar Azmoun, Yahya Golmohammadi, Soroush Rafaei etc. they are our heroes and we should kiss their hands.
                  I am not gonna defend the Beiranvand and Cheshmi stuff but the idea that TM visiting Raisi is "unforgivable" is crazy. They had no choice! They are not in a position to refuse ! You think they can just tell those thugs "thanks but no thanks we are busy"??

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

Comment

Originally posted by mf_doom View Post

I am not gonna defend the Beiranvand and Cheshmi stuff but the idea that TM visiting Raisi is "unforgivable" is crazy. They had no choice! They are not in a position to refuse ! You think they can just tell those thugs "thanks but no thanks we are busy"??
                    Bowing to Raisi* was unforgivable. (I'll edit the post now to make sure it's clear).

Visiting the regime's president is standard and was done even by our best in Daei and Karimi (Ahmadinejad). I don't care so much about that stuff as IR will use that as propaganda.
                    "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

good thing for them twitter was not around back then. Probably would have been shat on/attacked by the online army that now calls them leaders of opposition movement. Daei actually looks quite delighted to be there!

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

good thing for them twitter was not around back then. Probably would have been shat on/attacked by the online army that now calls them leaders of opposition movement. Daei actually looks quite delighted to be there!
                        Daei was not involved politically, and if anything was much closer to the centers of power back then. I know he either didn't wear a green wristband (or was retired) by the time of the Korea match. People do change over time, as some say, some realized at different times the real identity of akhond kesafat.
                        زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Anyone know the exact number/names of domestic TM players who went to see Raisi? I counted 8-10 but don't recognize all the faces. That means there were more than a few who didn't go. Those guys should be getting some love.
                          زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Originally posted by bozghaleh View Post
                            Anyone know the exact number/names of domestic TM players who went to see Raisi? I counted 8-10 but don't recognize all the faces. That means there were more than a few who didn't go. Those guys should be getting some love.
                            all domestic players attended. Legionairres werent there

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                              So where would you like his statue to be placed since it was less than a few months people were calling him Shah, King and savior?

Wait, could O-ZoNe have been right all along when he stated CQ was all hype?

Yes CQ paid for things but he was also handsomely compensated for both WC on par with the top performing countries!

Edit: I still hope he proves me wrong and TM advance both the cause of social justice and to the 2nd round. I have my doubts of course in the latter

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by mf_doom View Post

I'm not one of the people who gives the players shit (except for the Khayemals Torabi and Amiri) but technically they had the choice to not attend. There would be consequences to not showing up to the meeting. They chose not to risk their careers over it.
                                of course I'm not bashing them for going, but it's not like they were forced to at gun point.

Comment

Working...
                                X