Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll/Do you care about Iran football and WC with what's been happening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a different time. We are in the midst of a revolution by young people who have united a strong majority of Iranians inside and outside Iran under the banner of "Woman, Life, Freedom". The excuses of the past that they are just athletes no longer apply. I don't care what Daei and Karimi did with regards to Ahmadinejad. What matters is that they are standing on the side of people today. I recommend that people show a tiny bit of sense and grasp the gravity of the situation. The players and staff had an opportunity to say they would not go to Reisi's palace and make a statement. CQ sitting next to that mass murderer and making promises to him made me sick. So much for learning a tiny bit of standing for freedom and democracy for someone who lived in Western Europe most of his life. Watch the video below to see who is leading this revolution today. For those who don't understand Persian, ask someone to translate it for you. Also, if you don't understand it, this is the best time to learn how to read and write it.

Woman, Life, Freedom!
    زن، زندگی، آزادی

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post

So where would you like his statue to be placed since it was less than a few months people were calling him Shah, King and savior?

Wait, could O-ZoNe have been right all along when he stated CQ was all hype?

Yes CQ paid for things but he was also handsomely compensated for both WC on par with the top performing countries!

Edit: I still hope he proves me wrong and TM advance both the cause of social justice and to the 2nd round. I have my doubts of course in the latter

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      It's not in my vernacular to ask for a statue to be built for anyone.

He's still a fantastic coach and manager. And if we are talking about football, he is best to manage this team. I know he answered angrily there and wish he would clarify in the future he didn't come off right.

Just disappointed in him for what he said - he could have gone in many different angles. But his answer was very IR-like.

Anyway, because of acceleration of street protests - GO TM! Win every damn game.
      "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
        This is a different time. We are in the midst of a revolution by young people who have united a strong majority of Iranians inside and outside Iran under the banner of "Woman, Life, Freedom". The excuses of the past that they are just athletes no longer apply. I don't care what Daei and Karimi did with regards to Ahmadinejad. What matters is that they are standing on the side of people today. I recommend that people show a tiny bit of sense and grasp the gravity of the situation. The players and staff had an opportunity to say they would not go to Reisi's palace and make a statement. CQ sitting next to that mass murderer and making promises to him made me sick. So much for learning a tiny bit of standing for freedom and democracy for someone who lived in Western Europe most of his life. Watch the video below to see who is leading this revolution today. For those who don't understand Persian, ask someone to translate it for you. Also, if you don't understand it, this is the best time to learn how to read and write it.

Woman, Life, Freedom!
        زن، زندگی، آزادی

I am really happy that this generation is leading the future.

The old generation of reformists, regime apologists, blame America/UK/Israel crowd, MEKs, LA talk shows etc. are all over. They are all now in the dustbin of history.

This generation is intelligent, wise beyond their years, and trust Iran-parasts. And they are willing to die to free Iran - they are fearless.

We are simply out of touch with the amazing "eighties" generation.

The regime openly fears them:

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
          I'm not one of the people who gives the players shit (except for the Khayemals Torabi and Amiri) but technically they had the choice to not attend. There would be consequences to not showing up to the meeting. They chose not to risk their careers over it.
          of course I'm not bashing them for going, but it's not like they were forced to at gun point.
          i dont know if you can make that claim. I also doubt that the only thing at risk was their careers.

I can't defend the bowing and speeches though
          The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

Comment

Originally posted by bozghaleh View Post

Daei was not involved politically, and if anything was much closer to the centers of power back then. I know he either didn't wear a green wristband (or was retired) by the time of the Korea match. People do change over time, as some say, some realized at different times the real identity of akhond kesafat.
            Daei's last match was versus Angola at 2006 World Cup.

7 players wore green band in 2009: Ali Karimi, Mehdi Mahdavikia, Javad Nekounam, Masoud Shojaei, Vahid Hashemian, Hossein Kaabi, Mohammad Nosrati.

Comment

No, TBH didn't know how, and then feeling so blah that letting them become batel. There will be my empty seat somewhere out there!
              I don't think FIFA allows for refund. Also not allowed to sell or give ticket to other people.

Out of curiosity, did they print your name on your ticket?
              I've never been to World Cup match. Although I've been to World Cup Qualification, AFC Asia Cup, AFC Champions League matches and tickets never had names on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooyintan View Post

I don't think FIFA allows for refund. Also not allowed to sell or give ticket to other people.

Out of curiosity, did they print your name on your ticket?
                I've never been to World Cup match. Although I've been to World Cup Qualification, AFC Asia Cup, AFC Champions League matches and tickets never had names on them.
                In 2006 they did. The ones from this year I haven't even looked at that closely.
                زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

In 2006 they did. The ones from this year I haven't even looked at that closely.
                  You Can easily sell your ticket. Just go on the FIFA resale portal, and your ticket Will be back on the fifa ticket portal. Of somebody buys it, you Will get your money back.

If you dont wanna go fine, but there are people desperate to go all over the World. Atleast give Them chance to go

Comment

Were the players forced to be so ecstatic on their 16 Nov photoshoot, on the day that so much blood was shed in Iran, from a 10 year old kid to an elderly man:

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                      Were the players forced to do this, on the day that so much blood was shed in Iran, from a 10 year old kid to an elderly man:

I don't think they have any access to that level of news.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

I don't think they have any access to that level of news.

Lucky them!

They seem very happy in all the pictures, hope they enjoy their experience.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

Lucky them!

They seem very happy in all the pictures, hope they enjoy their experience.
                          Then again, all of these guys are millionaires living very good comfortable lives whether or not IR exists.
                          They'll be happy regardless of what's going on.

Comment

No they don't have acces to any news but they know that there is an ongoing killing and oppression, right?

Comment

https://twitter.com/iamdalqak/status...O0PWsFVObJsV1g

Hmm which group of murderers should I support?

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                                https://twitter.com/iamdalqak/status...O0PWsFVObJsV1g

Hmm which group of murderers should I support?
                                Either you or the artist got that backwards. The patterns indicate that the wearer has been shot. These are the victims shirts. The murderers would have had a different pattern.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X