Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll/Do you care about Iran football and WC with what's been happening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    Were the players forced to be so ecstatic on their 16 Nov photoshoot, on the day that so much blood was shed in Iran, from a 10 year old kid to an elderly man:

good lord give it a rest. First it was the Taremi photo with the IR flag you were posting non stop now this.

Honest question: what would you like the players to do? What was your expectation? To show up to the photo shoot with furrowed eyebrows and tears? Maybe some photos of dead iranian children? You think Fifa would post that stuff? You realize they are footballers at tournament, not warriors before battle right?

Also Ghoddos was at the photo shoot; does this negate his comments? Just wanna be clear which players I can respect and which ones i should hate.

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

Comment

I truly dont understand how any nationalist can stand there smiling and playing around with whats going on Iran. The national team is a team of the people. You have 10 year olds getting killed and these guys are playing around smiling and laughing. At least dont be laughing and smiling. I understand there are a lot of mixed feelings but life is beyond football. Honor and integrity and Sharaf is beyond football. JB trying to sugar quote their actions is just indirectly supporting the regime in saying we can make our own choices. I wish there was a Daei or Karimi there. Too bad we dont have a captain with balls and authority.

Comment

Originally posted by OSTAD POOYA View Post
        I truly dont understand how any nationalist can stand there smiling and playing around with whats going on Iran. The national team is a team of the people. You have 10 year olds getting killed and these guys are playing around smiling and laughing. At least dont be laughing and smiling. I understand there are a lot of mixed feelings but life is beyond football. Honor and integrity and Sharaf is beyond football. JB trying to sugar quote their actions is just indirectly supporting the regime in saying we can make our own choices. I wish there was a Daei or Karimi there. Too bad we dont have a captain with balls and authority.
        people were getting killed 4 years ago too, and iranians did not have rights under IR. i feel like the new wave of anti-IR is just washing away crimes of past and associating team melli with it.

Comment

TM dar in jaame jahani hich atri baraye man nadare.

Man in baar tanha az Argentina tarafdaari mikonam.

Tanha chizi ke mitone arzeshi be sherkate Iran raa bede ine ke bazikonhaaye TM neshon bedan ke az Jomhoorie Eslami badeshoon miyaad.

Bordan o bakhtan in baar mohem nist.
          DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

This is the least excited I’ve been towards a World Cup. I was excited for 98, 06, 14 and 18. But given the circumstances that butterfly feeling is gone. I’m looking forward to the World Cup and our matches. I’ll watch and support Team Melli. But it’s not the same.

Comment

I personally don't care about the WC. What's happening in Iran is way more important.

I'll probably watch the first game, hoping that we'll see some sort of support from the players. If not, I'm not even sure whether I'll be watching the second and third game.

Envoyé de mon SM-G998B en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Never in history did a political party change because of the actions of a sports team.
                Asking the soccer players to make some gesture that is virtue signaling at best will not do anything. At best you'll get a 10K retweets about the topic. At worse that players family will be at risk. They are here to play football not to change the government. If anything, I want TM to do well and thus more people would watch the games and more attention will be brought to the situation because you bet your last dollar that the commentators will be talking about it.

This whole "I'm not supporting the national team because they had to shake hands with raiisi or they lipped the anthem" is utterly moronic. No actual supporter of TM cares. You don't want to watch or support them, okay. Kindly piss off

Comment

Originally posted by mf_doom View Post

good lord give it a rest. First it was the Taremi photo with the IR flag you were posting non stop now this.

Honest question: what would you like the players to do? What was your expectation? To show up to the photo shoot with furrowed eyebrows and tears? Maybe some photos of dead iranian children? You think Fifa would post that stuff? You realize they are footballers at tournament, not warriors before battle right?

Also Ghoddos was at the photo shoot; does this negate his comments? Just wanna be clear which players I can respect and which ones i should hate.
                  No Iranian should be smiling right now. If you smile, you are an IR-sympathizer.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post

No Iranian should be smiling right now. If you smile, you are an IR-sympathizer.
                    You think nobody has weddings in Iran right now? Or does anything fun?

You sound like a revolutionary from 1978. If you smile, you are shah supporter.

Iranians never learn

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post

Of course there is no reason to laugh or to smile but if we don't have anything positive in life there is no reason to be alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post

You think nobody has weddings in Iran right now? Or does anything fun?

You sound like a revolutionary from 1978. If you smile, you are shah supporter.

Iranians never learn
                        He's being sarcastic...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Yes, its true that politics and sports should never be mixed, but this is humanitarian crisis at this point. The people of Iran do not want their national team to be blacklisted or drop out the WC. They wholeheartedly want to see them happy, and sympathize with their movement. To be their voice and use their platform as much as they can without putting their lives and their family in danger. Yes, the players should be ecstatic and thrilled to be at this world stage, for their accomplishments and dreams that have come true. And I'm sure not for one second the people think of their team as selfish, ignorant individuals. A gesture of goodwill and solidarity will be nice to see, and ultimately victory for the people to cherish even if its for a moment until the next fight. We need unity, and optimism...advancing to the next stage is the ayatollahs worst nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian H View Post

You Can easily sell your ticket. Just go on the FIFA resale portal, and your ticket Will be back on the fifa ticket portal. Of somebody buys it, you Will get your money back.

If you dont wanna go fine, but there are people desperate to go all over the World. Atleast give Them chance to go
                            I've paid for the ticket and the empty seat will represent my state of mind (this year don't feel like cheering with the blood flowing) and also protest in a small way those members of TM who engage in support of IR or vasatbazi.
                            زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Originally posted by bozghaleh View Post

I've paid for the ticket and the empty seat will represent my state of mind (this year don't feel like cheering with the blood flowing) and also protest in a small way those members of TM who engage in support of IR or vasatbazi.
                              cool story bro

Comment

Originally posted by daggerhashimoto View Post

cool story bro
                                He asked a question and I answered.

مزدور برو گم شو
                                زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Working...
                                X