Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England boss Sven fears Owen's World Cup may be over

Owen in pain on the sidelines in Cologne

England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson fears Michael Owen's World Cup has come to a heartbreaking end.

Newcastle striker Owen suffered what looked like a serious knee injury in the first minute of the 2-2 draw with Sweden tonight.

Owen will now go for a scan tomorrow but, while England look forward to a second- round showdown with Ecuador and avoided in-form hosts Germany, the Swedish coach fears his most dangerous striker has played his last game of the tournament.

'Maybe (his World Cup is over),' sighed Eriksson. 'I am not sure.

'I hope he is okay but it doesn't look good.'

Steven Gerrard insists the England team would rally behind Owen after topping Group B

'We are not sure yet,' said Gerrard. 'He will have a scan on the injury.

'But he is really down in the there and we will need the boys to support him.'

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...371899&cc=5901

Man, i really feel bad for him. One injury after another.
    I hope he has a fast recovery.

Well this is good news for the big tree, and also Walcott coming off the bench...but a 4-5-1 can also be used with Hargreaves starting in the DM position against Ecuador, but they will have to get more offensive when they reach the quarter-finals.

Delam mikhad be Esfahan bargardam...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFI6ao7LY8

Comment

Originally posted by Amir H F
      Well this is good news for the big tree, and also Walcott coming off the bench...but a 4-5-1 can also be used with Hargreaves starting in the DM position against Ecuador, but they will have to get more offensive when they reach the quarter-finals.

walcott is not going to play he is should have played sweeden game , 4 5 1 is good system but who is going to play upfront crouch?

Comment

Working...
      X