Bahrain lodges official complaint with FIFA over disallowed goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bahrain lodges official complaint with FIFA over disallowed goal

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) -- The Bahrain Football Association asked FIFA to annul its World Cup playoff loss to Trinidad and Tobago because of a disallowed goal.
    Association vice president Sheik Ali Al Khalifa said Thursday that Bahrain sent an official complaint to FIFA at the end of Wednesday's 1-0 defeat after a late goal by Hussain Ali was disallowed.
    "We hope that FIFA will take action. It's up to them. I'm not optimistic that we'll get a result," he said.
    Trailing 1-0, Ali kicked the ball away from Trinidad goalkeeper Kelvin Jack as he was trying to send it downfield. Ali then put the ball in the net, but it was disallowed. Bahrain players, furious that the goal didn't count, surrounded the referee and began pushing and shoving their opponents. Trinidad won the game 1-0 and the home-and-home, total-goals playoff 2-1 to advance to the World Cup for the first time.

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
    به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

guess it's out of desperation that they did this, can't blame them, what else could they do?
    I will personally call for Blatter's head if FIFA agrees to a replay...
    It's time for all of us to show our appreciation and adopt a common signature:

We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

We also posthumously thank and support Mr. BRANKO IVANKOVIC for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community and for providing us with famous victories we can only dream about today

Comment

I call for Blatter's head anyway. Too bad that doesn't matter.

Comment

http://www.the-afc.com/english/media...ls&newsID=4509

Chiu Yin Ping 趙燕萍.

Comment

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSERS!

The goal was perfectly disallowed per Fifa rules! these Bahrainese must learn English a little and research before do something as stupid as this!
          VIVA ITALIA VIVA MILAN VIVA MALDINI

Comment

Theyre typical cheating ** edited **

No racist remarks
            Last edited by fsec; 11-18-2005, 10:57 AM.

Comment

will loose the battle....that was not a goal
              need to go back and have a dish of MALAKH with sauce

Iranetehhhhhhhhh
              Iranetehhhhhhhh

Comment

It was a pure disallowed goal.

Comment

Bahrain stole one from Uzbekistan and they want to do this again with FIFA? Bahhhh!

BTW, I watched both Bahrain vs T&T matches. Neither team should be in the world cup. They will embarass their regions.

In the first match after 1:1 tie, Bahrain's grassrolling was laughable. They do it so obviously, I was surprised that the ref did not hand out a few Yellow cards. Players were falling down with little (or even without contact), look around for ref. to notice, wait until carriers come in, waive the carriers to go back, gets up and play. Justice was done when Bahrain felt behind T&T at home and T&T players started to take the ball to corners to delay the match. I've never been overjoyed watching the delay tactics by T&T.
                  Even if you are on the right track, if you don't move, you will get run over. Move on.

Comment

wow they were still paid? what? grasrolling pays? maybe I will apply for the national team now so that next time I get a villa...

see in bahrain, there are very little lands cuz the island's small, and they allowed goddamn saudis and rich from other persian gulf states (arab ones of course) to own lands in bahrain, what they do is being the rich ****s that they are, they buy lands equivalent to whole neighborhoods and wait, once lands are running out in that area they would sell at the price that they ask of. the result? areas were lands used to cost half a dinar ( a dinar = US$ 2.67) per square foot now costs around 10-11 dinars!! so all over the country it's like this... anyways back to the rewards topic...

They were gonna be given BD 50,000 cash, a car, a house and a BD 1,000 monthly salary upto and including the world cup.

They were still paid 20,000 BD and they wanna make a compound for them? wait, that's a good idea! imagine getting the scum of bahrain (who have no REAL contribution to the community) all together in one place, wouldn't that be good? just add gasoline and a match! lol

Well I won't be the one left behind
                    You can't be king of the world if you're slave to the grind...

Comment

Working...
                    X