PELE Exclusive Interview: Fantastic football so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PELE Exclusive Interview: Fantastic football so far

FIFAworldcup.com: What has been your verdict on the FIFA World Cup up to this point? Have you been pleased with the standard of the matches? Have you been impressed by Argentina up to now? Have you been disappointed with any team? If you were the coach, would you change anything about the Brazil team? Miroslav Klose is one striker who seems to be enjoying that kind of luck. He has already scored four goals in the tournament. Do you think that he could go on and win the adidas Golden Shoe? Up to now, has any one player caught your eye?

In the first phase, the player who has impressed me most is (Philipp) Lahm, the Germany full-back. There are quite a few other players who are doing well, and I should mention (Javier) Mascherano, from Argentina. But nobody has really stood out from the rest. As far as Brazil is concerned, even though many people are worried about the defence, I think Lucio and Ze Roberto are doing well. In the opening two matches they have stood out, along with Kaka.

This year for the first time FIFA will present an award to the Best Young Player in the competition. You are the youngest-ever FIFA World Cup winner, and also the youngest-ever goalscorer. If you could pick out any one player, who would be your favourite to win the award? If Walcott does score in this tournament, he would be the youngest-ever goalscorer in the FIFA World Cup finals. Would you be upset if he took over your mantle? http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060622/1/81fx.html
Working...
X