X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serie A matchfixing scandal

Four clubs to stand trial
    http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?h...to+stand+trial
    Juventus, Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina have been ordered to stand trial over match-fixing allegations.

Italian football federation prosecutor Stefano Palazzi confirmed the four clubs will face questions over match-fixing allegations and demotion is a likely outcome if found guilty.

The scandal broke when Italian newspapers published transcripts of telephone conversations between senior FIGC officials and Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi discussing refereeing appointments.

Palazzi did not divulge the names of individuals, but said a number of sports figures would also be ordered to stand trial in the sports court.

"Stefano Palazzi has announced 30 people or clubs, including Juventus, AC Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina for violations of articles 1 and/or 6 of the sporting code of ethics," the federation announced in a statement.

The announcement was made after the closure of the Milan stock market, where three of the four clubs are listed, as officials were keen to lessen the prospect of flash trading in the shares.

Italy's national side qualified for the last 16 of the World Cup on Thursday and 13 of the squad play for the four clubs involved. No players are thought to be involved in the scandal.

The trial is due to start next Wednesday at Rome's Stadio Olimpico, with the Italian federation keen to reach a conclusion in early July - allowing for the authorities and clubs to plan for next term.
    Quite a shameful and disgraceful development for Italian football

It looks eerily similar to the 1978-1980 match fixing scandal, that gave among some, Paolo Rossi a two year ban that was finished near the 1982 World Cup where Rossi starred.

Roberto Mancini has downright accused Juventus and AC Milan of "cheating and robbing" Inter Milan of two Serie A titles already. Now I maybe a big Inter fan, but I certainly dont feel that was appropriate for Mancini to say that.

I just hope Fiorentina arent punished as after Inter I really like the Viola, dont care about Lazio, and really would love it if Juve and AC are proven
    sigpic

what else do u expect from AC and Juve winning
    they have robbed Inter so many times p!sses me off ...

Comment

id love to see yuve and lazio, why? im a big roma fan
      cappelo emerson zebina will burnn!!
      Gal'e Noii

Comment

Working...
      X