• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Asia team has the best draw?

D: Mexico, Portugal, Angola, Iran
    F: Brazil, Croatia, Australia, Japan
    G: France, Swiss, Togo, Korea
    H: Spain, Ukrain, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia

None of the Asian teams ended up in a group of death. That said, which Asian team faired the best? worst?

It's hard for me to tell. It appears every Asian team has a shot at placing 2nd in their group. BUT if I have to pick, Japan appears to have the worst luck with Brazil & Croatia highly likely to go 1 and 2 in their group. The fight is for 3rd place finish.

Iran, Korea, and Saudis all appear to have a decent shot at placing second in their group. Iran can beat Mexico, Korea can beat Swiss, and Saudis can duke it out with Ukrain & Tunisia for the 2nd spot.
    Even if you are on the right track, if you don't move, you will get run over. Move on.

AS i said i belive Japans group looks hard..

Also to add Irans isnt easy but also i am thinking about we have to take on either Argentina-Holland-Serbia-Ivory if we manage to qualify to next round...

But Japan will have a hard time qualifying through that one

Comment

Korea got the BEST draw, then S.Arabia, IRan and japan got the toughest imo.

Comment

S Korea obviously got the best draw. If there isn't partying going on in Seoul tonight there never will be.
        The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

Korea definitely got an easy group. They have to duke it out for 2nd place with Switzerland and will easily beat Togo. We have 2 teams trying to get 1st place, and motivation is a HUGE factor.

I think ranked in terms of difficulty:

1. Saudi
          2. Japan
          3. Iran
          4. Korea
          We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by faraz
            We have 2 teams trying to get 1st place, and motivation is a HUGE factor.
            Faraz jaan, why not three teams going for first? I think we can take first if we make some changes.
            The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by khabalood
              Faraz jaan, why not three teams going for first? I think we can take first if we make some changes.
              Rightly so, Khabalood Jan

That's what I really meant...I probably should have said two OTHER teams. THe point was, it's a REAL FIGHT, meanwhile in the other groups, the 1st team is really already known, and its a fight between TWO teams for second. we have a 3 team struggle!
              We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by faraz
                Korea definitely got an easy group. They have to duke it out for 2nd place with Switzerland and will easily beat Togo. We have 2 teams trying to get 1st place, and motivation is a HUGE factor.
                I think ranked in terms of difficulty:
                1. Saudi
                2. Japan
                3. Iran
                4. Korea
                Saudis are likely to go 0 and 3. On the other hand, with a bit of luck they can get a tie or win against two teams. Japan on the other hand is facing 2 sure losses and the other game won't matter. Korea got a good draw (finally!) and so did Iran (Good luck!).
                Even if you are on the right track, if you don't move, you will get run over. Move on.

Comment

japan's manager is zico, so brazil will lose not to shame him if they win the 1st and 2nd games

Comment

No team got 'hard' or 'easy' groups. In modern football there is no such thing anymore as has been shown repeatedly. However, based on ones perception and gut feelings, I would say Japan have the toughest draw. I do not rate Croatia that highly, but certainly Australia will be a tough opponent. Many of their players are in the Premiership and will be really fired up to do well. They also want to show Asia that they are the new kid on the block.

As regards the easiets, Korea seems to have fared the best and hopefully they will progress to the second round. France is just a shadow of its former self. They have big name players with great individual skills but so far they have not really gelled together as such. But there is still 6 months to go and we shall see how they team up as a unit.

Togo, well its Togo and should not be taken lightly. They are not there to make up the numbers, they are there on merit.

Switzerland can be a dark horse although I doubt it.

As far as Iran and Saudi are concerned, they both have similar groups and can progress to the next round.

Comment

S.Korea and KSA got the best draws. I think S.Korea will make it out of their group 100%

Comment

easiest korea
                        saudi
                        iran
                        hardest japan

Comment

Korea definetely got the easiest group, followed by Saudi Arabia, Iran and Japan.
                          Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

korea easiest

Comment

saudis is easiest...

Comment

Working...
                              X