Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 186forever
    I ve followed spain since 94 and I don t think Raul was a flop
    we all knew he doesn t have his old touch and stamina anymore and he knew i too and he isn t even a starter and he just wanted to help the team and I don t think he hurt the team at all in the wc
    i understand ur fondness for the spanish national team.
    but raul was one of the exceptional players of modern football, he played for real madrid at the age of 17 and by 22, he was already wearing the captaincy armband of probably the biggest club of the world!

here is how the great fernando hierro once described him:
    Former Spain captain Fernando Hierro once described his young Real Madrid team-mate Raul as “a Ferrari who is going to overtake us all and break every record in Spanish football”. How right he was. Raul Gonzalez Blanco, who replaced Hierro as captain at both national team and club level, has already cemented his place among the greatest players in world football history.

can u imagine a ferrari who played in the worlds greatest club at the age of 17 steaming out at the age of 29 when it is most players peak age???
    i still cant accept it for a fact that he doesnt have the same stamina and touch anymore! raul like u said hasnt been himself in real madrird past few years and he didnt live to the expectations this worldcup either.
    a player like him, if he isnt a starter at the peak age of his career, thats flop enough for him! not only for this worldcup, but his career as a whole!

many thought he would use this worldcup as an opportunity to make a comeback but he didnt!

but anyways, maybe ur right, considering his recent performances, his worldcup performance shouldnt be considered a flop either!
    Originally posted by siavasharian
    ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
    بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

yea I am surprised too that he is only 29, but I mean a player with that much anxious and passion for football, why would he do this to himself on purpose....some player peak out way early and cool off earlier than others. I really do see Raul as a 33 year old player, because he simply can not run as fast and be quick like he used to. Maybe it is all the injuries, but I really think He did give his best and he is just aging way earlier than others. I mean what could be the reason? careless ness? i don t think so
      what I really like about him is his sportsmenship and great attitude
      and the fact that he was put on bench and he did not complain once and acted as a pro. (something many stars can t accept)
      ABED1ZADEH -KAR8IMI -BAG6HERI Forever

Comment

Originally posted by tazmanmaniac
        Reza Enayati, expected the golden boot at least.
        Poor guy deserved to play at least one half. Why the IPL leading gole scorer in two consecutive years does not get a minute of play time during the World Cup??
        sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Working...
        X