Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the difference between Figo, Ronney, and Zidane

huge difference.

if zidane's was racially motivated its him against racism, Rooney nver suffered racism.

figo's was stupid, heated match.

rooney cant be compared to the other two

Comment

even if materazzi called zidane a terrorist, what he did was so WRONG, he just had to say, we'll see what this terrorist can do if we win, after the match this terrorist will shoot the hell out of you,,:P but still f*ck france,, FORZA ITALIA

Comment

figos was not that bad not even worthy of a red card
        zidanes and rooneys were equal and blatantly horrible
        two unclassy players

Comment

Comment

WRONG FORUM. Its not difficult people.

Comment

I wish I knew what he told him to set him off. However, whatr Zidane did was wrong. If he had stayed, France may have won. Now the Italians have the last laugh.......
              Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Baba post in the right forum!!

From now on, I'ma just close the threads that are posted in the wrong forum, instead of moving them all the time!

In this section (football forum), only football news/topics about Iranian football please!!

This thread moved to the International football forum.
                Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Man oh man, the Zidane head butt was repeated like 20 times on MSNBC in a matter of five minutes, and this is on a network that didn't have moe than a few inutes of coverage on WC before this hapenned!!!!!! Interestigly enough, they did some french bashing, while they were at it.

Comment

It got more attention bcz:

1, It was in WC Final with 1 billion viewers, the only program on earth that get this much attention.

2, it was from all time best player.

3, It was a rare occasion by nature (head-butting).

4, It was a reaction when the ball was dead.

5, The guilty part lost the game probably bcz of this accident (many claim, however I don't agree).

6, it came from some one vulnerable to racism, religious and immigration comments.

So, please don't make it as a propaganda as anti-Islamic action. Actually if there is no news about it, it turns my head asking "how come?".
                    Last edited by Hajagha; 07-10-2006, 02:38 PM.

Comment

With all due respect, it looks that you are not watching/reading (at least US)media, I do not have access to other countries). Take a look at them again (if you have on-demand) to see how many time words like vicious have been used. I have no doubt that if it was not a french/arab player it would not have recieved such a coverage for main media is US/England etc.

Being optimistic is a virtu. Too much of it may make you naive.

Comment

I don't get your point. Do you mean bcz he was a Moslem, Arab, immigrant who did a vicious act, they shouldn't mention? Or mention less? Do you have any measurement how many times they should mention it? The news agencies in free world are slave of attention, they make you pay attention. What can be a better incident than a rare occasion in the most popular show of earth which take place only every 4 years?

Actually I found US media didn't have much coverage on that fearing ignorance of US people.

Comment

Originally posted by dehdari
                          With all due respect, it looks that you are not watching/reading (at least US)media, I do not have access to other countries). Take a look at them again (if you have on-demand) to see how many time words like vicious have been used. I have no doubt that if it was not a french/arab player it would not have recieved such a coverage for main media is US/England etc.

Being optimistic is a virtu. Too much of it may make you naive.
                          Do you remember the ron artest incident? Wait, hes black, how about that rangers pitcher (kenny rogers i think) who shoved that cameraman? That was all over the news too, its not just because he is muslim. I am muslim, hell, im a fukking extremist (look at my profile) and I think it was "vicious" too.

Comment

Comment

I do not think it is arab/moslem bashing at all. Most people watching these news do not know who the f Zidane is or that he is arab or auusie, moslem or budhist.

At least in the case of the coverage that I saw, the Tucker Carlson show on MSNBC, it was a case of extreme French-bashing. That little twit Carlson, showed the replay numerous times and used it to bash France. Now, this coming from a show that did not have any coverage of the WC in the previous few months, is obviously a case of intended over exposure for non-news reasons. However, at least in this case, it was Franch bashing. If you know the little twit Carlson, you should not be surprised.

Comment

Working...
                              X