ronaldinho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ronaldinho

before the world cup everyone was comparing ronaldinho to maradona etc....but now u dont hear him spoken about with the same breath...u guys think he missed his chance to prove himself as being good enough as maradona and such??? cuz he is going to be 30 next world cup i think?
    One time when me was high, me sold me car for like 24 chicken McNuggets.

well, this cup was supposed to be his, and he failed miserably.

he showed up last world cup,
    he showed up in the champion's league

he failed to show at the BIGGEST competition in the world IN HIS PRIME. I can't therefore see him competing with maradona or pele or cruyff or platini for the best players in the history of the world.

had he mustered up a good tournament, it would have been a much different story
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by faraz
      well, this cup was supposed to be his, and he failed miserably.
      he showed up last world cup,
      he showed up in the champion's league
      he failed to show at the BIGGEST competition in the world IN HIS PRIME. I can't therefore see him competing with maradona or pele or cruyff or platini for the best players in the history of the world.
      had he mustered up a good tournament, it would have been a much different story
      I think you're wrong.

Ronaldinho has shown enough at club level to be compared to the best in the world, IMO already ahead of Platini and cruyff by a log shot.

He's won the Champions League, the World Cup in 02', single handedly took Barcelona to 2 La Liga titles not to mention the Champions League and did what he could in this world cup with an aging and lazy Brazllian team.

With his reputation you could see in ever match in Germany he was being shut down by at least 3 defenders everytime he had the ball, but still he managed to set up goals and create flow in to play.

Anyways the bottom line is he wasn't his BEST, you could say it was because he was Barcelonas slave for a long time and then coming to a world cup final with a lazy team not being able to perform much, but whatever you want to say, you can't say that he isn't comparable to Maradona.
      The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
      For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
      http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
      http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
      http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

He missed his chance and failed miserably. I was very dissapointed by whole Brazilan team especially Rolandinho. What a shame!!!!

Comment

he's not up there with Maradonna, pele and zidane.

He's at his peak, he should have delivered. I guess he'll just fade away.....

....DAMMIT PEOPLE! He's still currently the best player in the world!!! you knwo that when he plays anything can happen. In my oppinion for best part of this decade he will dominate. Next WC is his last chance you could say to show himself off, then again...a certain someone int his world cup was 34 and he did alright!

Comment

Originally posted by PersianMadrid7
            I think you're wrong.
            Ronaldinho has shown enough at club level to be compared to the best in the world, IMO already ahead of Platini and cruyff by a log shot.
            the players you have mentioned were quite the players in their club teams as well...what is the major difference here?

He's won the Champions League, the World Cup in 02', single handedly took Barcelona to 2 La Liga titles not to mention the Champions League and did what he could in this world cup with an aging and lazy Brazllian team.
            the use of "single handedly" is quite incorrect I'd say. Look at the world class players around him! They are each capable of creating and scoring their OWN opportunities.

as far as the lazy and aging Brazilian teams go, the liveliest were the fullbacks in my opinion - 2 WC veterans in Cafu and Carlos. In terms of "lazy", Ronaldinho looked the laziest of the bunch and rarely gave any of his bursts.

With his reputation you could see in ever match in Germany he was being shut down by at least 3 defenders everytime he had the ball, but still he managed to set up goals and create flow in to play.
            there is no way you can prove to me that he had 3 guys around him in EVERY match. This is brazil we're talking about! teams can't afford to let ANYONE alone on this team! If they block out Ronaldinho with 2 players, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldo....

will all be left open.

Anyways the bottom line is he wasn't his BEST, you could say it was because he was Barcelonas slave for a long time and then coming to a world cup final with a lazy team not being able to perform much, but whatever you want to say, you can't say that he isn't comparable to Maradona.
            that's an understatement. a HUGE understatement.

he was one of the most, or even THE most disapointing star in this world cup. Sure, he had a decent game against Japan, woop-dee-doo.

i expected more out of the best player in the world.
            We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Working...
            X